Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253247 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 12:19:23 »

The Premier League won't lose sales in Asia and elsewhere if Portsmouth end up going the way of old Maidstone United.

Who would want to take this rotten to the core club on?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 12:35:08 »

Surely the irony wasn't lost on the courts that the club were suggesting the VAT bill was too high yet their Chief Exec is being taken to court for tax evasion at the same time!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 12:44:01 »

Does anyone really think that Portsmouth going in to administration will really have any effect?

It needs radical changes and a concerted effort from UEFA, the FA, Premier League and Football League to sort the problems out here. They need to do it soon as the Premier League is like a snow ball, getting bigger and bigger all the time with more and more money at stake.
richt1976

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 12:54:39 »

I think the more pertinent question is whether any of us actually care whether Pompey go into administration?!

They arent my team, so I dont give two hoots, I dont recall that amount of fans of other teams showing us any sympathy in our dark past, so why should we in return?! I'm more inclined to feel sorry for fans of Chester, who have been shat upon left right and centre for the last couple of years, than a club that has illusions of grandeur because they won the FA cup.

Oh, I used to live on the south coast and pretty much every pompey supporter I met was a complete cock, that may have clouded my judgement.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 12:58:43 »

The fall of Chester City is indeed sad viewing.

Especially now that dodgier and dodgy Morell Maison is involved.

A couple of weeks ago on the BBC Non League radio show Maison pretty much let it slip that he was brought in by Stephen Vaughan Sr. who is supposed to be banned from football.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 13:01:06 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 15:33:28 »

Manchester United: Only £716 million in debt - Collection buckets at the Leeds game perhaps Wink

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8470595.stm
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 15:35:12 »

Manchester United: Only £716 million in debt - Collection buckets at the Leeds game perhaps Wink

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8470595.stm

Just £68m paid in interest !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 15:44:23 »

The Man Utd debt is a bit different from most clubs though as a large chunk of it was, in effect, used by Glazer to buy the club. So its not actual debt that the football club has run up.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 15:44:45 »

It needs radical changes and a concerted effort from UEFA, the FA, Premier League and Football League to sort the problems out here. They need to do it soon as the Premier League is like a snow ball, getting bigger and bigger all the time with more and more money at stake.

The football authorities are half the problem. UEFA have been letting Real Madrid get away with their massive debt for years. They had an estimated £500m deficit BEFORE spending £250m last summer, and this is despite getting around £300m from their council 5 years ago to 'buy' their training ground....only for the the council to give it back to them.

BAZINGA !!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 15:46:59 »

The Man Utd debt is a bit different from most clubs though as a large chunk of it was, in effect, used by Glazer to buy the club. So its not actual debt that the football club has run up.
It's still debt that could knacker the football club though. Doesn't matter if they spent it on players, new stands or a leveraged buyout, it's still there and it's dragging them down
Doore

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 15:50:46 »

it's still there and it's dragging them down

Here's hoping.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 15:52:33 »

It's still debt that could knacker the football club though. Doesn't matter if they spent it on players, new stands or a leveraged buyout, it's still there and it's dragging them down

And that's why it's also dragging down Liverpool.That is why Benitez keeps on going about qualifying for the Chumpions League, and why their new ground has been put on the back burner.

BAZINGA !!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 15:57:42 »

The Glazers are also taking millions out of Man U

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/jan/20/manchester-united-glazers-finances

BAZINGA !!

Spencer_White

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 20:26:55 »

Turned on Sky sports news at 6 when I got home. Campbell issues law suit, Storie in Court, HMRC continues with WUP.

The UN will be turning up soon its such a disaster zone.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 23:30:29 »

Turned on Sky sports news at 6 when I got home. Campbell issues law suit, Storie in Court, HMRC continues with WUP.

The UN will be turning up soon its such a disaster zone.
I say we get rid of the Premiership and all Premiership clubs. Scrap the lot. Except maybe Burnley, they've not done anything wrong. The world would be a better place.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: