Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253412 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1305 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:03:22 »

Isn't the ground owned by one person and pieces of land round it (required for access) by someone else?

EVen if they fold I'd imagine it will take some time to sort out the mess everything is in.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:26:05 »

Isn't the ground owned by one person and pieces of land round it (required for access) by someone else?

EVen if they fold I'd imagine it will take some time to sort out the mess everything is in.

Correct. gaydamark or whatever his name is
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 11:52:02 »

Looks like their last senior player Liam Lawrence has left the club, are they going to be allowed to play nothing but their youth team and unable to sign new players.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 12:17:39 »

Looks like their last senior player Liam Lawrence has left the club, are they going to be allowed to play nothing but their youth team and unable to sign new players.

Sure I read somewhere that they could sign players which confused me a little.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1309 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 12:40:48 »

Sure I read somewhere that they could sign players which confused me a little.
It is a wierd one, I thought they had a transfer embargo in place still.

From just over a week ago......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19092526

Portsmouth boss Michael Appleton seeks Balram Chainrai meeting

Portsmouth boss Michael Appleton hopes to meet prospective new owner Balram Chainrai this week with a view to signing new players.

Chainrai and the Pompey Supporters Trust are vying for control of the club which has eight days to avoid closure.

The three senior players left at the club must leave before the 10 August for the club to avoid liquidation.

But Appleton says he hopes an interim agreement can be reached with Chainrai to start bringing new players in.

"I think if the three remaining senior players left then obviously I would be given the green light to move straight away and sign players," Appleton told BBC Radio Solent.

"But I'd like to think over the next few days I would be given the opportunity to speak to Portpin [Chainrai's company] and come up with a different solution. I am coming at it from a different perspective and that's what I'm going to try and do."

Only Dave Kitson, Tal Ben Haim and Liam Lawrence remain at the club and all three players must reach compromise agreements - accepting a reduction in salary - or leave before Chainrai or the PST can bring the club out of administration via a company voluntary arrangement.
Adam Blackmore BBC Radio Solent sports editor

"The Portsmouth Supporters Trust are jostling with Balram Chainrai to own Pompey, and have spent months trying to raise enough money to convince administrator Trevor Birch that they are a viable alternative to the much-maligned Hong King businessman.

"With just eight days to go until the possible closure of the club on August the 10th, PST will today reveal the name of their proposed new chairman of the club, who could be one of a number of individuals we're expecting to find out about who has invested in the Trust's bid."

Until then Appleton and the triallists at the club are in limbo and Pompey's manager says he is desperate to get on with things.

"We've got a few players in on trial who are waiting for me to be given the green light so I can sign them," he explained.

"There are certain players in there I would sign very quickly. You've got to give them a little bit of credit for being so patient as they are desperate to get a contract.

"Next Friday is looming and we want to be in a position where we can get on with things."

The PST will reveal details of their bid to take control of the club on Thursday where they will unveil new backers and put forward a potential new chairman.

Appleton says he does not think a fans group taking control of the club would compromise the amount he has to spend in the transfer market.

"I'd like to think from the administrator's point of view, Trevor has put together the same business module for all parties interested in buying the club and that includes the Trust," said Appleton.

"So I would hope my transfer budget would not be compromised if they took over the club."

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 15:16:00 »

I think now that the conditions of the CVA have been met meaning that a takeover can go ahead thether it be by Chainrai or if he give in and hands over the the pompey trust then they can start playing again.

Hopefully now the portsmouth council have confirmed they will give the trust a loan hopefully they will be able to take over and get the club running correctly.
lambourn red

« Reply #1311 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:41:00 »

If you think we may have some unsettled players with all the Caddis talk spare a thought for the Pompey squad

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/squad/first-team.aspx

I hope the 2 of them get on soapy tit wank
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1312 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:44:04 »

Good point Lambourne, they have a game at Plymouth tomorrow too.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:56:35 »

My god, we've had some dark days, but things were never THAT bad (at least from the playing staff perspective), were they?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 12:08:31 »

Not that bad, but when Quinn had to be player/manager we were not too great either.

I'm sure Pompey fans won't mind sacrificing their league cup game if it means a takeover and rapid recruitment now follows.
Barry Scott

« Reply #1315 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 17:20:51 »

I see Appleton is annoyed that his budget has been slashed from £4m to £1.5m... What. The. Fuck?! Not even on the mend and they're discussing "potential" budgets that seem to imply no lessons have been learnt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19244057
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1316 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 17:21:43 »

I still want them to go bust, past caring now.

The whole things a joke
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 18:25:01 »

I see Appleton is annoyed that his budget has been slashed from £4m to £1.5m... What. The. Fuck?! Not even on the mend and they're discussing "potential" budgets that seem to imply no lessons have been learnt.

If I was one of the players who took a hit and agreed to leave the club I'd be asking where the fuck this transfer budget has suddenly appeared from and why they didn't use it to honour existing contracts. If they have to play with a youth team and freebies then so be it.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 19:30:41 »

£1.5m is probably less than half than our wage bill last season.

They are going to have to rely on youth players and senior pros like Ifil who are trying to get a second chance in league football.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #1319 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 19:58:18 »

£1.5m is probably less than half than our wage bill last season.

They are going to have to rely on youth players and senior pros like Ifil who are trying to get a second chance in league football.

Where are they getting this £1.5 mill from? who in their in right mind would be dumb enough to loan it to them knowing their history. If it's the city council lending it them then I'd be pretty fucked off that my council tax was being used to prop up a failing buisness when mrs goggins with dementia can't go down the community centre because its shut. The sooner they go bust the better, stop prolonging the inevitable. It's just like watching a relative die a slow painful death.

Aldershot and Wimbledon have both proved to be successful phoenix clubs.

EDIT: I would feel the same if it was us.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 13, 2012, 20:01:13 by walcot red » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: