Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil V Swindon official matchday thread  (Read 35776 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 21:37:34 »

oooooooooooooh monty monty, monty monty monty monty panasar

IIRC someone got threatened with expulsion from the Townend by stewards a couple years back for singing that at Singh on the basis it was 'racist'. And we were playing Luton...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 21:40:18 »

All stewards are fuckwits.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 21:41:22 »

FFS DV, you don't ask. Have your balls fallen off?

YOU TELL.

Get a grip beard man.

my balls are still there Smiley

my beard has fallen off though Sad
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 21:44:48 »

Seeing as I managed to delete my original post (twat), I basically agree with Panda Paws summation of the match. Pretty much.

Not so many moany bastards this year, although I did hear several on Hutchison's back all game. Which IMO is a bit unfair. He did look disinterested in spells for sure, but has something about him. Tope looked good, and we had better shape, when he replaced Macca.
Talk Talk

« Reply #304 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 21:46:46 »

my beard has fallen off though Sad

I heard that.

No conviction. You will be wearing women's dresses soon. I will get my youngest daughter to advise you. You would benefit from a trip around New Look.
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 22:09:09 »

Good day in all, shame atmosphere is always poor at Yeovil
dell boy

« Reply #306 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 22:12:06 »

Shocking journey down, took over 3 hours, pretty poor game, but three points great result.
Both sides were awful, but again three points, who cares.
I will never go to Yeovil again, what a dump.
Talk Talk

« Reply #307 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 22:14:50 »

I will never go to Yeovil again, what a dump.

My feeling after last season.

Dump is far too dignified.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 22:26:57 »

We set off nice and early so must have missed the trouble on the A303 thankfully!

The crowd - what was it, 4000? Terrible home support given that we must have taken 700-800. Neither side made any noise really, but on an open terrace against a team who belong in the bottom division at best, it's always hard to get any atmosphere going.

We were solid at the back for the most part - Lucas had very little to do. Although Cuthbert may have handled it in the area in the 2nd half, we were too far away to tell. We didn't look great going forward for large parts of the game, mostly because of a lack of width. Switching to 4-4-2 didn't necessarily cause us problems in itself, we just took quite a while to find our shape with it. Once we started getting it wide and catching them on the break we looked much more dangerous.

Paynter ran his backside off today, and I must say Tope looked much better. Hutchison still needs to do more to prove himself but perhaps that will come with time in the first team? Man of the match has to be a competition between the two centre backs, but I'll say Greer because he just looks so immense when under pressure.

Overall, not the best game of football but scrappy 1-0 wins away from home are nothing to be grumbled at. If we beat Colchester next week I might let myself get a little excited about our prospects this season.
Talk Talk

« Reply #309 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 22:30:23 »

If we beat Colchester next week I might let myself get a little excited about our prospects this season.

A man who never lets himself get carried away, ah R4E? 'A little excitement'? Go on, go for the full stiffie...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 23:57:53 »

THe thing I noticed most today was the fucking div who spoke every last thought that came into his head behind me. Fuck me, that was annoying. Monty was shit. Steve has a crap pacamac. People need to back the fuck off of Hutchinson - he was guilty of a few poor decisions, twice leaving the ball for the winger in order to get himself into the box, and on both occasions a defender got to the ball first. I like that he was more interested in being in the right areas to get a goal for himself though, you need that sort of greediness in a striker (with moderation).

Macklin needs a goal, badly. I think that could really help him push on, as he looked nervous with his chance today and poked it wide in the end.

We seemed  to be playing both Macca and JPM on the right first half, and consequently had no outlet on the left, which was a little frustrating. Amankwah didn't have his best game, possible that he puts too much pressure on himself when we play Yeovil as if he has something to prove to them, I remember he didn't have a great game last season either at Huish Park.

Credit where its due, I have previously slated Odebayi, but I tough he was decent when he came on today.

I think last season we would've drawn or possibly even lost that match. I don't want to tempt fate but our defence just looks so resolute. Determined, committed and of course, able. Love it.

Looocas, Looocas, Loocas, Loocas is my new favourite chant but we didn't need to sing it today. No real saves that I can recall.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #311 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 08:15:36 »

Half Time Ska Time this season eh?

Yeah my fault!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #312 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 08:47:14 »

My first game of the season and isnt it wierd that the people listening on the radio seem to get a different perspective from those that were at the game.

We totally dominated the game from the first 10 to 15 mins when they gave us as good as they got, the first half was pretty poor really we had a couple of chances but looked solid at the back.

The second half I can hardly remember Yeovile kicking the ball, we held the midfield and controlled the game not letting them have anything, Ferry and Douglas are exactly what we have missed in the middle of the park for many many years, Greer and Cuthbert fucking solid at the back and Billy worked his bollocks off up front, a fantastic strong spine of the team.

Lucas had little to do and only flapped once or twice unlike Smith or Brez who used to flap at everything at times in the last few years, he did everything that was expected of him and never looked like conceding.

Lucas was commanding and solid and a great communicator, his kicking is excellent and saved everything thrown at him, which was much thanks to the defence and midfield. 7 out of 10.

Manks looked shakey first half as they obviously had orders to rough him up and make him lose his cool, which he did but second half he looked assured and didn't put a foot wrong again. 7 out of 10.

JFL looked solid and good when attacking still a little shakey defending but overall he will be good. 7 out of 10.

Greer was probably MOM for me he won almost everything from the highly rated Obika who looked sharp early on but Greer then kept him in his pocket for the rest of the game. 9 out of 10.

Cuthbert looked assured and calm and didn't put a foot wrong and looks a fantastic partner to Greer at the back. 8 out of 10

JPM played some wayward balls and his dead ball delivery was pretty poor but apparently hes been playing well recently so lets hope it was just a blip. 6 out of 10.

MacNamee ran around a bit and made little impact hardly taking his man on much at all, kept swapping from left to right and looked almost a luxury. 5 out of 10.

Douglas well he controlled midfield and won almost everything, didn't do a thing wrong and looked a fantastic signing, very close to Greer for MOM. 8 out of 10.

Ferry started slowly but livened up and also won almost every tackle and loose ball in midfield, worked great alongside Douglas, this lad could be a real future star. 8 out of 10.

Hutchinson looked so rusty but had a few good touches and got better the longer the game went on, not given any real service for the type of player he is, hes obviously a target man and shouldnt really be playing wide right. 6 out of 10.

Paynter I have to say is not my favourite player but yesterday and for most of the season the lads been a revelation up front, he won everything against a big Yeovil defence and never put a foot wrong at all, looked fitter and eager than ever, great game all round. My opinion of him is changing and I think hes a very important player for us now. 8 out of 10.

Macklin looked fast and eager as well, was on a great run when chopped down clean through on the wing with a great turn of pace, missed what should really be called a sitter with just the keeper to beat but did OK. 6 out of 10.

Topi looked sharp and wanted the ball, did some nice touches and turns in the box and is missing his final ball, did one run when his first 5 yards he was speedy and then the next 10 yards seemed to run out of pace totally....wierd, did OK and looks promising. 6 out of 10.

Overall Yeovil were poor but a lot of that is because we didnt let them play at all, they wanted to play football for the first 15 mins or so and passed it well but it was all wiped up by our midfield so they went route 1 and lost out to a better footballing side, we hardly ever played the high long ball that we did last year and it was all well under control.

PS Steves packamac. Well what can I say......no Steve I wasn't and am not jealous!
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 08:51:40 by jjedmunds » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #313 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 08:55:43 »

Oh and the fiasco of DW being sent off for arguing with the Pikeys fucker Skiverton was unbelievable, Skivvo should have been sent off as well if DW was, overall Mr Singh (Monty) was fucking shit.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 08:56:07 »

Anyone in the photos on the O/S? I notice Rick down the bottom of the 3rd photo!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: