Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon's Top Ten Worst Premises for Food Hygiene  (Read 14450 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 11:03:08 »

http://194.73.99.13/publicaccess/EH/CPFood/foodregister_searchform.aspx

Searchable database in case anyone is going out for dinner.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 11:47:40 »

Felt Ill after leaving Cosmo's before. Thought the place was shit and feel somewhat vindicated now. Cosmo's the place everyone was wanking over a few months ago, got zero stars from the council for food hygeine.

Swindon's Top Ten Worst Premises for Food Hygiene

A Mexican restaurant, two kebab takeaways, an Oriental restaurant and a hotel are some of the latest venues to receive zero stars for food hygiene in Swindon.

La Casa Mexican restaurant and takeaway in Devizes Road and Cosmo Oriental restaurant in Linden Court have both received the lowest possible scores from Swindon Borough Council's Commercial Regulation Team.

The kebab takeaways are Walcot Kebab and Pizzeria in Sussex Square, and Oriental Express in Clive Parade. The hotel is the Ivy Hotel, Moormead Road, Wroughton. They make up a list of the top ten worst food businesses that have received a zero star rating for hygiene this year.

The premises were graded under the council's Scores on Doors scheme.

Food businesses are awarded stars to show how well they comply with food safety legislation. The scheme is based directly on the risk assessment that is carried out by law during a food inspection.

Under the scheme, a score of one star is deemed poor, two is satisfactory, three is good, four is very good and five is excellent.

Zero stars indicate unacceptable hygiene conditions and almost total non-compliance with statutory obligations. Premises with zero star ratings are often found to have poor hygiene, poor cleaning and risk of cross contamination. In the most serious cases, the Council has the authority to use emergency closure powers.

In addition to receiving a certificate, each business receives a full food hygiene report, detailing what needs to be done to comply with the law and recommended good practices to help improve the business even further.

If the work is done and the business continues to maintain the hygiene standards, the score at the next inspection could improve.

Cllr Colin Lovell, Cabinet Member for a Safer and Stronger Borough, said: "The majority of Swindon food businesses do comply with the law and many are very good indeed. Unfortunately a small minority have shown to have very poor standards during the unannounced inspections.

"Star ratings will hopefully give the public more confidence in the places they eat and give them a better understanding of the standards of food hygiene. Hopefully this scheme will encourage businesses to maintain a good standard."

Since the Scores on Doors scheme was introduced in Swindon in April 2007, 1,159 inspections of food businesses have been completed by environmental health officers, who sit within the Commercial Regulation Team.

List of Premises with Zero Stars

Currently, the ten premises with zero stars (with the date of the latest inspection) are as follows:

Hythe Road Stores, Hythe Road (21 January 2009)

Lower Shaw Farm, Old Shaw Lane (3 March 2009)

La Casa, 6 Devizes Road (19 May 2009)

Princetons Grill, 8 Market Street (22 May 2009)

M Nawaz Food Store, 105 Broad Street (18 June 2009)

Oriental Express, 8 Clive Parade (21 July 2009)

Cosmo Restaurant, Linden Court, Holbrook Way (9 July 2009)

UK Leisurewear, In House Catering, Unit 1 Westmead Drive (15 July 2009)

Walcot Kebab & Pizzeria, 14 Sussex Square (8 July 2009)

Ivy Hotel, Moormead Road, Wroughton (16 July 2009)

Hythe Road Stores.... I feel very proud, as should you fB

officially blacker than the night.
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 13:01:21 »

I won't say that I was surprised that my dad god 5 stars, but they probably got a bit lucky on inspection day. It's mostly common sense though and I hate to think what state it would have to be in to get 0 stars.
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 13:07:24 »

Hythe Road Stores.... I feel very proud, as should you fB

Jesus that just clicked. Bloke in there's a right grumpy bastard. All about the much nicer Kent Road shop.
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 13:22:43 »

Cosmo is a bit crap really, never understood the big fuss when most of the food has been sitting out for a while and is a bit blah.

La Casa is one of the worst places I have ever eaten.  Really, really mediocre food - I honestly think it would be better to buy an Old El Paso kit and stay at home rather than go there!!!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 13:24:27 »

Lower Shaw Farm, Old Shaw Lane (3 March 2009)

That one's a bit local. Didn't even realise they had a restaurant though.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 13:57:19 »

If "Zero stars indicate unacceptable hygiene conditions and almost total non-compliance with statutory obligations", why do they allow them to stay open? Shouldn't they be shutting them down on the spot?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 15:35:41 »

"Cosmo's the place everyone was wanking over a few months ago,"

My kid asked me to recommend somewhere to take his mother for lunch t'other day, I said Cosmo got good reviews from the cunts discerning punters...on the TEF, so maybe you could try that.

He reckoned it was the home of chavs..crap, cackamundo, and thought I'd completely gone senile.

Although nowt wrong with a bit of food poisoning for ex wives.  Smiley
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 15:58:22 »

If "Zero stars indicate unacceptable hygiene conditions and almost total non-compliance with statutory obligations", why do they allow them to stay open? Shouldn't they be shutting them down on the spot?
this was 2 months back so i can only assume they have cleaned up their acts, each time ive been there ive never had or even seen a problem
Spud

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 16:00:46 »

I've never got the fuss arounbd Cosmo? been twice and was shit on both occasions but i had no choice in the matter as it was with the ex's family.

La Casa was also another big let down, as already said staying in with an Old El Paso kit would be alot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 16:16:34 »

Here's the wanking over Cosmo thread....take a bow Gary Stanley.

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,32405.0.html

The two most ardent Cosmo fans Jan Aage and Bushey....no longer post...perhaps they've died.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 16:48:34 »

Some people seem to think that 'food quality' is linked to 'food hygiene'. There is not necessarily a link between the two. Surveys like this are crap and give a totally false impression. I wouln't take it at face value.     From my experience 'unannounced inspections' are quite rare : most establishments are given prior warning, so that their eventual 'hygiene status' is totally unrealistic. I believe totally in zero tolerance in this instance, not a 'softly, softly' approach. McDonalds do well, perhaps because food hygiene standards are instilled from the outset. All inspections should be unannounced. Fuck 'emergency closure powers' and 'if the work is done'. Caterers should be aware of food standards and hygiene law - if they fail, then a prosecution or heavy fine will sort them out. We can then all sleep peacefully.
flammableBen

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 16:51:56 »

Some people seem to think that 'food quality' is linked to 'food hygiene'.

Who?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 16:53:55 »

Who?

There's some bloke in the Civic Offices for starters...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 16:54:08 »

Its all about the Swindon Rendezvous/Le Rendezvous Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: