Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another Promising Kid Looks Set to Leave  (Read 12002 times)
lambourn red

« on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 10:49:00 »

Everton to beat Man Utd, Chelsea for Swindon kid Henshall
01.09.09 | tribalfootball.com

"England youth winger Alex Henshall is a target for Everton.

The Daily Mirror says Everton boss David Moyes has set up a surprise swoop for Henshall - as well as plotting new faces for his first team.

Moyes is in the lead to land the 16-year-old sensation from Swindon. Henshall dazzled in the recent prestigious Milk Cup tournament in Ireland and shone against the Goodison kids in one game.

Left winger Henshall, who has broken into the England ranks despite playing for a lower league outfit, has also been hunted by Manchester United and Chelsea.

But Everton have moved in first and hope that Henshall signs this week, with the fee to be decided by a compensation tribunal panel."

It is so annoying how these Prem clubs are allowed to hoover up these promising kids then never give them the chance before spitting them out the other end with their confidence shot and most end up giving up football or playing non-league. I think if a kid signs schoolboy forms he should be at that club until 19 or even 21 which would protect the smaller teams from seeing their most talented prospects being lost for peanuts without even having a chance to push for the first team.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 10:56:16 »

like it or not,that's the way it is.swindon spit out kids too you know.it's the same at every club.
clubs like us benefit in other ways, as kids who dont cut it at top clubs filter down the leagues
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:01:02 »

I thought we'd tied him down to a longer deal?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:06:22 »

I thought he'd signed a one year contract but I can't find any reference to it anywhere.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:29:54 »

AF did say that he wanted to be selling at least one youngster every year to balance the books!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:31:13 »

bollocks would be nice to have him in the first team for at least a couple of seasons.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:32:30 »

Is this the kid that was tipped to be Towns youngest ever first teamer? Very disappointing if he goes, fact of life or not.
lambourn red

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:32:40 »

AF did say that he wanted to be selling at least one youngster every year to balance the books!

problem is if it goes to tribunal we will be lucky to get 25k for a 16 year old
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:36:56 »

Of course it could be paper speculation...

I heard that he's a Town fan, and he would've seen what Everton has done to Jukebox since he left us.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:41:47 »

It would be interesting to hear how Moyes pitched Everton to him...."Sign for us and you too could be playing for Motherwell in 12 months time".

I'm still sure I read something about him signing a contract - an interview with Fitton where he said he'd had offers for him but he sat down with the kids parents and discussed it and everyone agreed it was best for him to stay with Swindon. Maybe it was in a programme?
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:44:12 »

May be an old rumour as it was doing the rounds in the press during the Milk Cup.

If he's 16 I presume he'll be or have been on an academy/scholarship contract, which would still require Everton to place a bid?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:46:05 »

from what I've heard he was approached by Everton late last year but was persuaded to stay here because he had a better chance of first team football and was told if he kept up his development he'd be pushing for a place in the first team by the time he was 16.

he decided to stay here and turned down Everton...

that was back in december I heard all this...

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:49:20 »

everton will have to compensate us, but i doubt it will be alot.
i've seen evertons facilities and they are awesome.they also throw alot more time and money inot their academy.

just because jukebox hasn't set them alight and featured much, doesn't mean this lad wont progress.
if they are good enough they will come through.this lad is awesome and if he fulfills his potential is gonna be a big star.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 11:52:46 »

Is this the kid that was tipped to be Towns youngest ever first teamer? Very disappointing if he goes, fact of life or not.

That's the one. I remember Byrne talking about him at a Trust meeting last season. That's when he said that Fitton had persuaded him to sign with us instead of Chelsea/Man Utd/Everton.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 12:43:23 »

I think a tribunal is the worst thing that could happen for us, as we'd lose him for peanuts. Does the transfer window apply to kids in the same way as pros? If so, I'll be hoping to hear no further developments on this story for the rest of the day!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: