Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36065 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:48:22 »

You will enjoy it...the greens play fast..18 or maybe 20 quid i think.

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 20:57:10 »

cheers fella
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 21:27:17 »

what do these guys say that is out of order?

I missed the conversation with Redone, so here goes

They say practically nothing other than negative remarks normally directed at our own players during the game, loud enough for a good number of people to have to put up with it.  Don't get me wrong, there are games and moments that deserve a bit of a verbal lashing, but when we are winning and playing well is pushing it too far.  Rik Wakeman, or Ern, has been at it for years.  His little group were stood behind me against Hull away in 1995 (see how annoying they can be, I can still remember it) shouting out quite loudly that Given was rubbsh and would never make it as a keeper because he was too small -this was in the pre match warm up in our first game of the season.

Redone, I don't usually do my nut over such things, but on Saturday it wound me up no end.  I've already moved once this season and last season I moved against Millwall (which was dire, but when the game is dire I don't need to be told about it every bloody 30 seconds at the same time).  It's only because I know a few other people in the area that I renewed, I'm considering a change of seat now though.  If it's going to be like that while we are unbeaten at home I'm concerned for my own sanity.

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 21:34:42 »

there are loads of idiots who moan and talk shit though.plenty of people know very little, but shout and moan.
if you move you'll only sit near another cretin.
it used to wind me up but i dont give a shit anymore. i laugh quite alot now at ridiculous stuff during games.both on the pitch and from the crowd.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 21:58:48 »

Oh, I know people moan for no good reason and have put up with it many times, but this group make it into a profession.  I seriously have not experienced it before and have moved around the ground a fair bit in my years.  I've witnessed two guys kick off with each other before, but even that was more funny to witness than these guys.  It's more slanted towards abuse at individual players than the general for fucks sake type remarks when Ifil had just launched another clearance into the roof.  I honestly think they believe they are being funny and "insightfull".  Having a pop at a player who had yet to play for us (and as it turned out went on to become one of the best keepers in the Premiership) in the warm up of our first game of the season hardly smacks of intelligence - and before anyone says anything, it was the fact it was within earshot of the player that really stuck in my mind for this long.

Comments like "why are people applauding him" after we've just had a shot saved for example I could handle if said under your breath, but it's the constant need to let everyone else know.

Oh, and if Tope plays shit every week and scores, I'd sign him up.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 22:14:26 »

You all sit about 2/3 rows in front of me, im back row, we are the noisy bunch trying to stir you all to sing. If RobT things your miserable then fuck me, he's like Ian Curtis on downers.

Cheesy

You should get that guy closer to the front and just to the right of us up with you.  I think he must take speed or something, he's a little bit mental and it's great fun watching someone in one of the quieter bits trying to get everyone to stand up and sing.  In fact he reminds me of Fred at MkDonalds on new years day that time, with the Tia Maria.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 22:18:32 »

If you think those guys are negative - you try sitting next to my old man at the Pikeys at 5 zip down....!

My view is that we were lucky to get all three points - they had a good pen shout and the fouls on the build up to Obistumblefucks goal looked just that..

Last year we would of lost....thats the difference now.. Cheesy

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 22:23:58 »

We hit the woodwork 3 times at Wolves..lost 2 points to a fluke v Oldham..we were lucky yesterday..bout time i say.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 22:26:58 »

I aint moaning!!!

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 22:28:03 »

I know that Flash..was just making the point.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 23:27:47 »

there are loads of idiots who moan and talk shit though.plenty of people know very little, but shout and moan.
if you move you'll only sit near another cretin.
it used to wind me up but i dont give a shit anymore. i laugh quite alot now at ridiculous stuff during games.both on the pitch and from the crowd.

it never used to wind me up but it does now. i lost interest in going last season after i couldn't escape the constant moaning. at least if i stay at home and listen on the radio, i can easily switch off the post-match comments from fans and choose not to read the adver site.

but like you say, it doesn't matter where you sit. maybe i'll get to the point where i laugh at it but it just totally ruins it for me.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 00:06:47 »

I sit in V180 or therabouts. We've got the first 6 sets from the aisle.
I did think the comments about 10 on 10 as we had Macca were out of order as was the he's scored but he's still shit. I used to know Rick Wakeman many years ago from the away games.

Just behind me then but opposite side of aisle.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 31, 2009, 00:23:44 by Russ STFC » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #342 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 00:28:22 »

it never used to wind me up but it does now. i lost interest in going last season after i couldn't escape the constant moaning. at least if i stay at home and listen on the radio, i can easily switch off the post-match comments from fans and choose not to read the adver site.

but like you say, it doesn't matter where you sit. maybe i'll get to the point where i laugh at it but it just totally ruins it for me.

Don't make excuses, not going is the new going.

Radio Listening Tip: Email into stfc@bbc.co.uk (or whatever it is) the most random bollocks you can think of, then it's fun listening through the crap waiting for your thing to come up.
Barry Scott

« Reply #343 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:02:22 »

It does make it nearly unwatchable. I used to sit next to 2 of the most bitter twats. They used to seem to want us to lose. They'd comment on the quality of the other team, and even be angry if we were winning, because "we didn't deserve to" or some bollocks. It disgusts me.

I'd rather watch the game with 100 people who enjoy football, than go with a few thousand who find it the most painful and life ruining chore of their miserable lives.
Spencer_White

« Reply #344 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:57:26 »

Ive had to go back to the Town End because of it.

To be fair though, I think it's always been there, at the same level. It's just that in previous years for every moaner you had 5 fans singing to drown it out. Now the South stand is silent, and all you hear is the negative stuff.

It's always easy to be negative. Makes the moaners feel better about themselves, they can say, look I was right when we fall on our faces.

They'll never stop, its up to the other fans to drown it out with positive stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: