Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eduardo is a cheat  (Read 4381 times)
dell boy

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 09:14:13 »

No one has said the penalty won't stand. A goal scored is a goal scored. And your analogy of the ball crossing the line has nothing to do with what's being discussed, which is blatant cheating. If the ref doesn't see it, it doesn't mean it shouldn't go unpunished.

Diving is rife in the game and needs to be stamped out, if managers knew there was a chance of losing a player for a couple of games they would ensure it didn't happen.

Who mentioned anything about the penalty?  ... if we start banning players after the event it will not be the end of it, if this continues we will go home believing we have seen a 1-1 draw for example and then two days later find out that we actually lost 1-2.

Taking the decision making away from the ref (right or wrong) is not the correct thing for football imo.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 12:33:54 »

I'm against the ref handing out cards during a game for diving as it is just far too difficult a decision to make most of the time and its almost a random decision whether to book them or not. The ref should decide if its a penalty or not and that's it. After the game they should have a look at any diving, anyone found guilty should get a 2-4 game ban - which is the only way you'll get them to stop it. What the fuck use is a yellow card for it?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 21:43:57 »

is rooney gonna get a ban now?
dived into the challenge today
Rich Pullen

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 21:46:04 »

Nope, because Jonathan Pearce says "there was contact".

It was a dive.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 21:49:07 »

I would also like to point out Chalkie White was ruthlessly hacked down at Wembley in 1990 and is in no way implicated in this debate.

It was a really slow dive mind, because he didn't hit the floor for 3 whole years.

Chalkie got stuck on the keepers glove, he'd have slipped on by if Poole hadn't of spat on them earlier to get extra friction.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 21:52:19 »

The BBC are telling me the Rooney penalty was a "stonewall" penalty.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 21:55:23 »

eboue did it too,but this is getting daft now.arsenal should have had at least a draw by the rules imposed on eduardo.blatant pen by fletcher to add to the non pen on rooney
Rich Pullen

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 21:58:08 »

I enjoyed Darren Fletcher say it was "debatable" - It was a penalty, not really sure where else you can go with that debate Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:56:03 »

I would also like to point out Chalkie White was ruthlessly hacked down at Wembley in 1990 and is in no way implicated in this debate.
He was nearly decapitated and that was the most obvious penalty in the history of Wembley. and I am 11 stone and handsome and never swear and am teetotal.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 22:57:54 »

eboue did it too,but this is getting daft now.arsenal should have had at least a draw by the rules imposed on eduardo.blatant pen by fletcher to add to the non pen on rooney
But Arsenal did score about a minute later, so justice was served
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 08:28:32 »

But Arsenal did score about a minute later, so justice was served
i'm not sure that takes away from the lack of refereeing ability that was shown at old trafford yesterday!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 08:36:54 »

Rooney took a dive. He was lucky that he made contact with Almunia and in the end that's what got him the penalty. You could see it was quite blatent from the replay though. Almunia even tried to pull out of the challenge. Stupid goalkeeping though and it was asking for trouble. Eboue's dive was plain stupid. Everyone could spot it a mile off and given the week they've had I thought it was ridiculous. I also thought Arsenal were a bit hard done by but that's football.
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 10:22:28 »

Yes Eduardo did dive and should be banned, but you didnt see any banning for Ronaldo last season for all those dives he did
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 10:48:45 »

if they're gonna start dishing out 'decieving the referee' charges about, how about all the bristol team for the palace non-goal?

its fucking ridiculous to pick on one person when the game is riddled with 'simulation'.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 08:54:23 »

It was inevitable that a Celtic plater would be sent off the following Saturday - a second yellow for diving Smiley But Aiden McGeadey is an "honest guy" ... sounds a lot similar to Wenger's comments.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8229575.stm
« Last Edit: Monday, August 31, 2009, 09:15:16 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: