Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Wolves v Swindon matchday thread.  (Read 43766 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:14:18 »

Was tempted to stay up for this one tonight, hence me starting this thread now. I am pleased though that I checked first to find out that it actually kicks off tomorrow (Tuesday) instead.

For what it's worth. I have a Wolves fan of a friend (well, actually my pub landlord) who is feeling uneasy about this one. He reckons they will likely put out a youth team cos avoiding relegation is their main concern.

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:16:25 »

Says on Wolves OS that they will play a mixture of youth and first teamers.

Will Keogh play?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:18:12 »

You've blown it now. We only win when mexitongan or jayowhatshisface start match day threads. Twat. And buy a diary.......
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:18:33 »

I think we'll do them inside 90 mins

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:21:54 »

Damn you BR you didn't let "lucky" KOT start the matchday thread!

Not that I am supersticious...touch wood!

If Wolves don't take us seriously we will have a chance, if we can get at them. They havent had a wonderful start but have been solid and not let many in....if they play finge players they are ripe for the taking, especially if we have a good following up there backing us all the way.

From the Wolves OS

Mick McCarthy today confirmed he'll be ringing the changes for tomorrow's Carling Cup tie with Swindon - but it will still be a strong squad made up of senior players who will try and secure Wolves' passage through to the Third Round.

After an intensive start to life in the Barclays Premier League with three games in a week, the boss is ready to hand several of his players a rest which at the same time offers a chance to others in need of some football.

Stephen Ward (knee) and Greg Halford (calf) definitely won't be risked but the likes of Ronald Zubar - set to make his competitive Wolves debut - and Kevin Doyle are in line to figure against the League One side.

"I will be changing the team out of necessity in some areas as well as to give one or two a game and give others a break because it's been an intense start," said Mick.

"It is a competition we want to try and win but we've got a squad of first team players and some of them need to play.

"Andrew Surman, David Jones, Christophe Berra, Sam Vokes, Doyler, Ronald Zubar, Marcus Hahneman - they are all first team players who need game time and it is a game we want to win.

"They've all got every chance of starting."

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is still unavailable but has a chance of returning to the squad for Saturday's game with Hull but Kevin Foley is unlikely to be involved at the weekend as he continues his recovery from a medial knee ligament injury.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:22:21 »

Says on Wolves OS that they will play a mixture of youth and first teamers.

Will Keogh play?

Doubt it.

Kevin Doyle and Sam Vokes up front supposedly.

Probably cost more than our whole team
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:25:33 »

"Andrew Surman, David Jones, Christophe Berra, Sam Vokes, Doyler, Ronald Zubar, Marcus Hahneman"

Thats not a bad back up team, if they only play with seven we will be ok though.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:27:34 »

Damn you BR you didn't let "lucky" KOT start the matchday thread!

But...as this was started a day early, the Great Tongan one could start a real official thread tomorrow, ensuring victory.  (Sorry BR)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:45:14 »

But...as this was started a day early, the Great Tongan one could start a real official thread tomorrow, ensuring victory.  (Sorry BR)
Good shout. Mods, can you change the title of this thread to "Wolves v Swindon not a matchday thread" so tongueingmex can start a proper one tomorrow?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:55:45 »

Do we really wanna risk the Tongan King's rep on a match like this though? yeah a win would be lovely but it's not massively important is it? Maybe it's best saved for an important (I.E: 6 pointer league match).

Besides, how do you know that I ain't a lucky thread starter?

you bunch of weirdo freaks, have you changed your underwear since the Southampton match yet?

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:56:23 »

BR you got me worried.  I read your post thinking I'd screwed up and got my days wrong!  Phew!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:59:26 »

you bunch of weirdo freaks, have you changed your underwear since the Southampton match yet?
Not changed mine since last time we played Wolves in the League Cup. The flies are becoming a nuisance tbh
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 17:01:28 »

Anyone know of any pubs?  Looks pretty rubbish  Doh

Molineux
Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
Where To Drink

Well it may be a great stadium, with good atmosphere, but the main drawback with a visit to Molineux is the lack of away friendly pubs for visiting supporters to drink in. Now there are a number of pubs situated around the ground, but they do not admit away fans, which to a certain extent I can understand. But what is a real shame is that unlike many new stadiums that are located out of town with not much in the way of drinking holes located around, Molineux is only a 10 minute walk away from the city centre where there are plenty of pubs to be found. However by far the greater majority of these are for home supporters only on matchdays (even the Wetherspoons has bouncers on the door demanding to see your match ticket for one of the home sections before being allowed entry).

There is currently no designated pub available for away fans (if anyone knows any different then please e-mail me) so choice, if any, is limited. It may be an idea instead to drink on the way to the stadium, rather than planning on drinking in Wolverhampton itself. If you do decide to wander around the centre, then colours should be covered and numbers waking around in the party kept to a minimum.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 17:05:54 »

Just to be safe KT needs to start 42 new threads right away for the remaining league games (which should guarantee promotion anyway) and we can resurrect them all with the time comes.  Also means that if anyone has an irrepressible urge to discuss our likely formation against Stockport at home (KO 19:45, Tues Feb 23rd 2010), for example, we'll have the perfect place to do so.

Cup games I'm less bothered about.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 17:11:55 »

Cheers BR not been called a wierdo freak for weeks!

Actually I have never been one for supersticiousness why the fuck would my turning round 4 times before turning off the house light before I leave to go to a game or wearing my lucky socks influence 22 men on a football pitch!

Maybe I should start! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: