Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lots of new posters  (Read 6212 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 23:52:28 »

I actually think a lot of new members do get ruled out too early. I remember one getting slated for insisting Wilson had fucked up over the striker situation...then Gillingham happened and everyone started agreeing (I think it was carbonwhite). The fuck off back to thisis line has been used far too much recently.

As for the clique, guilty as charged. I don't mind letting new people in though as long as they're wooly. Saying that, I think Fred's obviously had a beer or two.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 23:54:00 by Si Pie » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 05:44:31 »

Back on topic (sorry):

I was wondering what this poster did to get such hostility in this thread: http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,35482.0.html. Ville Valo didn't even open the link but had a dig anyways, mob mentality perhaps?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 06:19:35 »

I've made the point about cliqueyness a few times before, so won't bang on again...other than to add my support to BR and others.  Please don't scare off any new posters before you get to know them - they are the life blood of this forum.  The first few pages of this thread are precisely the kind of inward-looking, cliquey bollocks that will have potential new posters leaving the place in droves.

I'd also noticed the surge of new posters.  You're all welcome.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 09:03:19 »

Fuck the lot of ya!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 09:06:29 »

I welcome new posters on here with open arms, the more the merrier it will make the forum far more interesting to read and the mods can whittle out any pricks, Tef at times is far to cliquey for its own good (i can be as guilty as anyone) this thread is a perfect example of it. Lots of posters know each other and there is a lot of ganging up on people and if i was a new poster I would be reluctant to start posting as it seems at times a closed shop on here. feel the love people.

I actually welcomed them on here you cunt

Cheesy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 15:31:17 »

Back on topic (sorry):

I was wondering what this poster did to get such hostility in this thread: http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,35482.0.html. Ville Valo didn't even open the link but had a dig anyways, mob mentality perhaps?

STFCDude 1,2,or 3 as been posting on here for at least the last 3 years...
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 15:33:15 »

im new  Cheesy
Dazzza

« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 15:44:57 »

Welcome WestCountry!

Perhaps we should have a welcome thread for new posters to introduce themselves by way of Flammable & Spacey questionnaire and break them into the general “tone” and “theme” of the forum?

I do think it’s shame we don’t get more opposition supporters on here at times as we could do with the banter and abuse.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 15:59:40 »

I was treated like shit when i first came on here..........its an apprenticeship.

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:23:49 »

i'm new too.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:28:29 »

I had my username changed to 'cunt', you lot had it easy. Cheesy Cheesy

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:38:18 »

I had my username changed to 'cunt', you lot had it easy. Cheesy Cheesy

Fuck me, mine was  "epileptic tampon machine racing rugby man"

and that was AFTER I had been posting for 4 years !
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 16:44:38 »

i'm new too.

Welcome...there used to a be a poster who had a name like yours, who was a bit of a legend...a tough act to follow.
DMR

« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 18:12:27 »

This forum is wank and has been since we all met each other and ruined the banter!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 18:22:53 »

None of you know me. Which is good as I'm painfully dull, I couldn't even think of a faux name when I joined Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: