Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League Cup 2nd Round Draw  (Read 10344 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:22:27 »

24, 25 or 26 I guess.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:22:50 »

Great draw (he said selfishly).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:22:59 »

Shit draw

Things get better but they never get good
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:23:29 »

Im not sure draw
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:23:47 »

one of my last distant memories of swindon at wolves was a night game about 13ish years ago? when I decided that I would go by coach and taught me mate a card game(shoot pontoon if my memory serves me right) on the way out of Swindon..he subsequently took about £70 off me in the space of about an hour n half  Sad fuck I was a damn good teacher  Cheesy

think we got turned over as well but i'm sure someone on here will know the game I'm on about...
santasdead

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:25:07 »

Good. A midlands game before i move back up north,makes up for having to miss the oldham match.

A tie we may actually win if they field a weakened side...although they do only have hull the next prem game. boo.
TOWNEND TONTO

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:29:04 »

one of my last distant memories of swindon at wolves was a night game about 13ish years ago? when I decided that I would go by coach and taught me mate a card game(shoot pontoon if my memory serves me right) on the way out of Swindon..he subsequently took about £70 off me in the space of about an hour n half  Sad fuck I was a damn good teacher  Cheesy

think we got turned over as well but i'm sure someone on here will know the game I'm on about...
Yes,we played them in the cup when we were in the prem.They were taking the piss about our poor form when Summerbee smacked on home from about 30yrds.
Due to the fact of me drinking all day i cant remember the score but deffo Nicky scoring and us winning,
Spencer_White

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:33:03 »

Best chance is if they play a semi reserve side.

Staying top flight is a bit of a holy grail for them, so they might not take it that seriously.

Its always nice to be involved in a draw. Doesnt happen very often. And a good proportion of draw's we have been involved in over the last 10 years have been subject to FAC replays which we have then lost.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:39:21 by Spencer_White » Logged
Doore

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:35:28 »

Remember a game at Wolves a few years back with Bobby Howe scoring a belter.  Sure it was a cup game.  Anyone with clearer memories of this?
Div

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:36:19 »

Will there be a dress-code for the game?

Something along the line of a Baggies shirt with 'Cox' on the back?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:37:28 »

Best chance is if they play a semi reserve tie.

Staying top flight is a bit of a holy grail for them, so they might not take it that seriously.

Its always nice to be involved in a draw. Doesnt happen very often. And a good proportion of draw's with been involved in over the last 10 years have been subject to FAC replays which we have then lost.
Yep, I agree. It makes a very pleasant change to be involved in a draw of any kind beyond the first round. I think it's winnable as well. I can't see that Wolves will be that bothered about the League Cup and will hopefully rest five or six regulars. You get some right funny results in this competition and there's no reason why we can't be one of those for once.
Spencer_White

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:38:09 »

Remember a game at Wolves a few years back with Bobby Howe scoring a belter.  Sure it was a cup game.  Anyone with clearer memories of this?

Yeah we won 2-1.

Ketsbaia scored for them.

Their fans got really pissed off because Swindon wouldnt stop singing. Quality support.
flammableBen

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:38:34 »

Vaguely, although I didn't go. Must have been around Roy Evans time I think?
Doore

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:39:12 »

Yeah we won 2-1.

Ketsbaia scored for them.

Their fans got really pissed off because Swindon wouldnt stop singing. Quality support.

That's the one, cheers.  Enjoyed that night immensely.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 21:44:41 »

O'Halloran pen after Sabin was fouled was our other goal.  And yeah, as fans, we were great.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: