Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon Town FC Vs Club Stealing FC Matchday Thread  (Read 42192 times)
santasdead

« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 22:55:09 »

Just seen the goals. Two goals came from one or two passes after amankwaah released the ball halfway between the halfway line & their by-line. GOOD. That'l surely tell DW amankwaah is best choice for right back as he can get up the pitch and do damage,as well as cover for the not-so-quick central defence people moaned about on saturday.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 06:35:09 »

I have also just seen the goals and you have to say there was some pretty comical defending/goal keeping going on there. Gueret should be dropped for Saturday. I hope he's not though!

He's been placed on the transfer list - no fee required......

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 07:16:16 »

McGovern looked really busy from the clips I saw, winning tackles and at one point seem to barge past two defenders.

I've been (amongst others it seems) one of his harshest critics, but he seems to have resorted back to the form he showed when he first joined the club. His performance when he came on as a sub against Wovers last season was superb and it looks like he's carrying it forward.

Timlin also looked like he was trying to get forward and have a fair few rangey shots, makes a change from his normal constant back-passing....

Good stuff lads.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 07:21:27 »

McGovern looked really busy from the clips I saw, winning tackles and at one point seem to barge past two defenders.

I've been (amongst others it seems) one of his harshest critics, but he seems to have resorted back to the form he showed when he first joined the club. His performance when he came on as a sub against Wovers last season was superb and it looks like he's carrying it forward.

Timlin also looked like he was trying to get forward and have a fair few rangey shots, makes a change from his normal constant back-passing....

Good stuff lads.

The thing was though that Wilson played a 5 man midfield with JP playing in the middle, if (when) we get a striker and revert to 442 where will JP play as he won't surely get a game in the middle so he will have to fight for a spot on the wing
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 07:24:52 »

I don't think he has the pace for a berth on the wing, so perhaps he's better suited in the middle, gives another option anyway!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 08:04:55 »

He's been placed on the transfer list - no fee required......

I wonder if DW/AF have thought of signing him to join our gk club.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 08:20:56 »

Saw the goals last night, and I've convinced the third should go down as a Gueret og, as it seemed to be over the line before Paynter touched it.

Hopefully Gueret will play like that on Saturday.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 08:40:43 »

Saw the goals last night, and I've convinced the third should go down as a Gueret og, as it seemed to be over the line before Paynter touched it.

Hopefully Gueret will play like that on Saturday.

It did, didn't it? I was looking at the live feed on the OS and it originally said Pay had got a het trick, then they changed it to a Geueret own goal.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 09:20:41 »

It did, didn't it? I was looking at the live feed on the OS and it originally said Pay had got a het trick, then they changed it to a Geueret own goal.

No the last goal they gave as an own goal to the defender McCracken, or what ever his name is. Two out of the four were own goals.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 09:46:24 »

No the last goal they gave as an own goal to the defender McCracken, or what ever his name is. Two out of the four were own goals.

Oh OK. Fair enough.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 13:25:16 »

Paynters tap in didnt look over the line to me.

Big Willy should get a standing ovation saturday then the Town End should rip the piss out of him till he drops crosses and cries.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 13:36:05 »

Paynters tap in didnt look over the line to me.

Big Willy should get a standing ovation saturday then the Town End should rip the piss out of him till he drops crosses and cries.

Good old fashioned terrace intimidation. Can't beat it.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 13:45:38 »

No, you cant...

shame we havent really been effective since the first taylor incident.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 14:35:36 »

No, you cant...

shame we havent really been effective since the first taylor incident.
A Taylor-style "Wiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" would be top - could really put the, erm, willies up him
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 14:40:46 »

"Phiiiiiiiillllliiiiiiips" Quality. Andy will be up for that, he loves winding up the keepers.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: