Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should we sign berlin up?  (Read 7331 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 13:27:51 »

i didn't go last night but my lad said he was shit.and the new winger was fast but shit.
i'll judge when the proper football starts in a couple of weeks
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 13:28:56 »

Didn't Parkin have a few games pre-season also?

I'm more worried we won't get enough players in before the big kick off than them having time to settle in.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 13:29:34 »

Because every one we've seen has been shit. There's 10 days until the start of the season and we haven't signed a single striker.

I am all for the patient approach but it's not working. I still think we'll get one 'wow' player in, but we need another two realistically.

I don't mind being so forthright because I am now becoming genuinlly concerned.
You sometimes get a gem though. I remember seeing Hassan Kachloul on trial for us and thought he looked a fantastic prospect. Unfortunately, Steve McMahon didnt think so.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 13:32:04 »

Didn't Parkin have a few games pre-season also?

I'm more worried we won't get enough players in before the big kick off than them having time to settle in.

Don't fret we can go with Macklin and Marshall up front...with McManatee and O'Brien, they could double up as the GB 4 x100m relay squad....if O"Brien wasn't Irish.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 13:40:09 »

You sometimes get a gem though. I remember seeing Hassan Kachloul on trial for us and thought he looked a fantastic prospect. Unfortunately, Steve McMahon didnt think so.

And Bernard Tchoutang a Cameroon international who looked fantastic but Kingy didn't offer him a contract either, shame really he would have been class, a great little striker.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 13:41:02 »

I seem to remember Bernard Tchoutang...a Loony Roon, who McMahon rejected because he had no boots.  Tchoutang signed for JC Roda in Holland and did OK, made it into a couple of Roon WC squads, but I don't think he played.

Roger Boli...bro of Basile was another, he did a job at Walsall I believe.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 14:06:37 »

I don't disagree that we could get that gem, but 10 days to find one with a few friendlies left it is unlikely to happen. Kachloul didn't really score that many goals, he would hardly be a gem in my view.

Maybe we need to start thinking about some solid league one types who could do a decent job and not prone to injury. Then we can hope to land a decent loan striker if needs be.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 14:15:23 »

I don't disagree that we could get that gem, but 10 days to find one with a few friendlies left it is unlikely to happen. Kachloul didn't really score that many goals, he would hardly be a gem in my view.

Maybe we need to start thinking about some solid league one types who could do a decent job and not prone to injury. Then we can hope to land a decent loan striker if needs be.

Whilst I can understand why you would be a bit nervous etc about getting new faces in, on the plus side, We are one or 2 (for the premier league) weeeks away from the season starting, Squads will start to be trimmed, managers will know which players they are willing to sell or go out on loan so I would expect some movement this week. After our last 2 results I feel a bit more comfortable and am not hitting the panic button yet.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 14:19:16 »

I seem to remember Bernard Tchoutang...a Loony Roon, who McMahon rejected because he had no boots.  Tchoutang signed for JC Roda in Holland and did OK, made it into a couple of Roon WC squads, but I don't think he played.

Roger Boli...bro of Basile was another, he did a job at Walsall I believe.

Beat you by 1 minute on the reminiscing! Wink I think it was Andy King that got rid of him though but you could well be right that it was muckmarn, I remember whoever it was as manager stating that he didn't think he could compete with stronger English players on a wet Wednesday away at Barnsley or something.

Another good striker we had on trial was a huge french/african that went to Tranmere and did well also, can't remember his name though.

I had forgot about Basille Boli, he was not bad, short and chubby.

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 14:26:22 »

Freddy Eastwood was on trial herre and he was good.. although we didnt sign him
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 14:30:46 »

Eugene Dadi....that was him....came in under Todd but Todd not rating him and let him go, I watched him in a friendly away at Dorchester in about 2001-2002ish and he was outstanding but not good enough.

Eastwood had a game for our reserves...scored a hattrick....and we couldnt afford to match his non-league+normal job wages that he was on at the time...and he would have had to relocate his caravan Cheesy so he chose Sarfend as preference as his horse didn't want to move!

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 14:39:45 »

Looks like we're not the only League One club struggling for strikers: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/carlisle_united/8173911.stm.

Dean Bowditch looks like he's signing for Yeovil.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 14:54:34 »

What gets me about all these strikers that we have on trial is that every time we don't offer them a contract Wilson says its because "we don't feel he is better than what we already have at the club".

Bearing in mind we only have one striker, exactly what is Wilson saying we've got which is better?

Thin air?

Or a 15 year old school boy?
lambourn red

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 14:57:08 »

What gets me about all these strikers that we have on trial is that every time we don't offer them a contract Wilson says its because "we don't feel he is better than what we already have at the club".

Bearing in mind we only have one striker, exactly what is Wilson saying we've got which is better?

Thin air?

I think Wilson is including Macklin in the strikers and what he said was these guys are no better than him.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 14:57:17 »

Thin air?

Macklin and Marshall....if you want to make up the numbers then either of these would do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: