Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should we sign berlin up?  (Read 7337 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 11:54:57 »

Send him away in a van - Berlingo you might say.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 11:59:34 »

Have we not held triallist games? We're running out of pre-season friendlies and it appears we're getting a bit desperate.

Selling Cox could be a big mistake unless we get someone decent in (not a Crawley reject). I still think there is a pleasant surprise around the corner and the focus is on signing such a player. These triallists have to be a 'just in case' or backup measure. Don't they?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:09:34 »

not signing

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/4518128.BREAKING_NEWS__Berlin_s_time_at_Town_is_up/

/
W56196272
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:12:51 »

I don't think we should sign him Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:15:05 »

Have we not held triallist games? We're running out of pre-season friendlies and it appears we're getting a bit desperate.

Selling Cox could be a big mistake unless we get someone decent in (not a Crawley reject).  These triallists have to be a 'just in case' or backup measure. Don't they?

Well.... if you dont look at a player you dont know what the can offer. For example Ndembe-Nlome or whatever, was signed by Pompey so someone must have seen something, they waited 6 weeks for his work permit. It was zero risk really. Didnt cost us anything and if he turns out ok, fair enough. I am not sure these trialists are a "just in case measure" because DW has always said he was looking for players for the first team, Quality not Quantity.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:24:21 »

Well that's shit then
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:27:46 »

one of the worst footballers i've ever seen.

but then what do i know?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:36:22 »

Now we've got a 20 year old in on trial from Olympiakos.....apparently we was interested before but he had to do his National service
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:42:51 »

Now we've got a 20 year old in on trial from Olympiakos.....apparently we was interested before but he had to do his National service
Excellent - about time we had more trained killers in our attack (NB Moses doesn't count, for one he was more of a stabber/slasher than an actual killer and second he wasn't pro trained, just a gifted amateur enthusiast)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:48:17 »

How much time is being wasted listening to agents bullshit, or are these triallists coming from our scouting network? Either way it has been a huge waste of time.

There must be someone semi-decent we can get, we seem to have done alright transfer wise in other areas of the team.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:50:59 »

How much time is being wasted listening to agents bullshit, or are these triallists coming from our scouting network? Either way it has been a huge waste of time.
Don't see that - unless you think they're delaying the search for a main striker "just in case" one of the triallists comes good which I very much doubt. Otherwise, this is just a question of having a look at players during pre-season and seeing if they're any good. Every club does it every summer, how is it wasting time?
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:57:09 »

im starting to think we shudnt have got rid of ben joyce out of the 3 we let go he was the most promising barry corr was injury prone and i never thought much of sturrock. i would of atleast gave ben joyce a year longer to see if there was anything there, he didnt really get his chance
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 13:16:43 »

Because every one we've seen has been shit. There's 10 days until the start of the season and we haven't signed a single striker.

I am all for the patient approach but it's not working. I still think we'll get one 'wow' player in, but we need another two realistically.

I don't mind being so forthright because I am now becoming genuinlly concerned.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 13:23:57 »

He was probably worth a short term deal based on the fact he was ok and we only have Billy Paynter as a striker who will not do a decent job as a loan striker. He isnt lazy and selfish enough
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 13:26:32 »

I will be pretty worried if we havent signed someone before next Monday as they will need a week at least to get used to our plan of play and to get to know his team mates.

Yes I know parking only arrived a couple of days before the start of the season but we need to be realistic and get someone as soon as we can.

I understand that we are waiting replies from several loan players as their owner clubs are waiting until nearer the season starts to see if they are needed to stay at their clubs or to see what sort of a deal they can get from all bidding parties, are I am sure we are all aware that not all loans are free and actually cost a loan fee...especially season long loans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: