Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Goodbye St Modwen?  (Read 1259 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 11:50:23 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2005/05/27/stfc_270505_feature.shtml

Interesting, I wonder if this new company is who le god cuervo works for Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 12:10:56 »

I think this was always on the cards after Shaw Tip....there was never going to be enough profit in a CG redevelopment for an operator like St Modwen....which I believe is what Holt stated at the outset.

This project would much better suit a smallish company looking to make themselves bigger.

The concern is however is that various debts accrued in this are just being passed along the line and sooner or later someone is going to have to pay.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 18:48:27 »

interesting, hope the new developers pay the 100,000 thats been put into the club by St Modwen, cause Swindon won't be able to.
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 19:01:45 »

More than 100K surely?

Think you are spot on Reg.  The 'lovers tiff' over the amount of housing on site probably meant that in the scale of things it was not really a viable option for a company like St Mowden to persue.

Take from that the amount already invested, the cost of the actual stadium and the reduced numbr of properties it will more than likely have killed the deal.

Interesting to see who comes in clearly someone has already got something lined up.

Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 17:47:21 »

Didnt they pay some of the VAT bill? more than £100k too I would have thought
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 18:55:42 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Didnt they pay some of the VAT bill? more than £100k too I would have thought

They loaned us money for the VAT bill which was secured against SSW's land.  I think they also had some involvement in clearing the debenture.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 21:14:38 »

Loos like somebody might have a rough idea of what they want, and hopefully the club will havee to go along with it and accidentally end up with what we want!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: