Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why are the Jews hated so much?  (Read 2749 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 16:52:51 »

This is a genuine question because I don't actually know, even after numerous google searches.

Is it really because of something they did 2,000+ years ago? Is it because they is tight? Is it because they wear funny hats and beards?

Genuine question, why are the Jews hated so much?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 16:53:44 »

Fuck it.

Could somebody please move this to general discussion.

Ta.
Danjackson10

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 16:54:42 »

Thats a bit of a tough one to answer really?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:00:33 »

The muslims don't like them because they 'stole' their holy land.

Hitler didn't like them for no apparent reason.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:02:25 »

i dislike them because of herthab

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:06:07 »

I will try to explain as best I can.

Firstly there is this idea of 'original sin'.  That the Jews were resoponsible for the death of Jesus (who was Jewish, of course), they called for Barabas to be saved, not Jesus.  I believe this idea wasn't even suggested until about 500 years after Jesus' death.

Secondly, in many European countries Jews were banned from working in certain professions, whilst Christians were banned by the Bible from working in money lending, banking and so on.  So the Jews, naturally, became involved in professions they were not banned from.  Often Jews would only marry other Jews, keeping separate surnames, would dress differently.  In times of economic strife, those who lend money tend to do well, as the Jews therefore did.    It therefore became all too easy to hate an easily identifiable group, especially when economically times are tough.

I do not pretend to be any kind of authority on the subject, and I hope my views do not cause offence.  I believe what I have posted to be correct but am happy to stand corrected if anything I have said is incorrect.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:06:58 »

If I was ever going to convert to a religion I think going Jew would be pretty near the top of my list.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:17:43 »

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Why_Do_People_Hate_The_Jews.htm

This is a good read,when your in the mood.................very interesting.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:20:54 »

The only problem I have with them is the way Israel treats Palestinians. I'm not saying the Palestinians are blame less, but Israel are a far more powerful and (according them) legitimate country which for me makes their actions a lot worse. I honestly couldn't give a toss about; their hats, their beards, the whole religious thing, how frugal they are with their money, or anything else.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:24:56 »

The only problem I have with them is the way Israel treats Palestinians. I'm not saying the Palestinians are blame less, but Israel are a far more powerful and (according them) legitimate country which for me makes their actions a lot worse. I honestly couldn't give a toss about; their hats, their beards, the whole religious thing, how frugal they are with their money, or anything else.

This is a discussion about Jew's, not Isreali's.

There is a difference.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:33:21 »

The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:34:37 »

This is a discussion about Jew's, not Isreali's.

There is a difference.

Only to a degree. Israel is predominantly Jewish and you'll find the majority of Jews support the action of the Israeli state. In general, I just don't see how you can separate Israel and Jews - the way Israel treats Palestine is the way Jewish people treat Palestine. Anyway, as I said this is the only issue I have with them - wouldn't got as far as calling it hatred though. I'm guessing that would be anti-semetic and a crime.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:45:43 »

Only to a degree. Israel is predominantly Jewish and you'll find the majority of Jews support the action of the Israeli state. In general, I just don't see how you can separate Israel and Jews - the way Israel treats Palestine is the way Jewish people treat Palestine. Anyway, as I said this is the only issue I have with them - wouldn't got as far as calling it hatred though. I'm guessing that would be anti-semetic and a crime.

That is just prejudiced and does nothing to answer a 2,000+ year old question.

i dislike them because of herthab

I like this the best and have no idea why, which is quit fitting actually.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:49:04 »

I went to school with a Jew, he was a complete weapon.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 17:53:03 »

I will try to explain as best I can.

Firstly there is this idea of 'original sin'.  That the Jews were resoponsible for the death of Jesus (who was Jewish, of course), they called for Barabas to be saved, not Jesus.  I believe this idea wasn't even suggested until about 500 years after Jesus' death.

Secondly, in many European countries Jews were banned from working in certain professions, whilst Christians were banned by the Bible from working in money lending, banking and so on.  So the Jews, naturally, became involved in professions they were not banned from.  Often Jews would only marry other Jews, keeping separate surnames, would dress differently.  In times of economic strife, those who lend money tend to do well, as the Jews therefore did.    It therefore became all too easy to hate an easily identifiable group, especially when economically times are tough.

I do not pretend to be any kind of authority on the subject, and I hope my views do not cause offence.  I believe what I have posted to be correct but am happy to stand corrected if anything I have said is incorrect.
I think you've highlighted one of the main reasons. There are many cases across Europe where Jews were marginalised from "Christian" society, ended up going into moneylending, and made a tidy life for themselves whilst everybody else struggled.

Some may have hated the Jews for the whole death of Jesus business, but I'm not sure that is or ever was a particularly large force behind anti-Semitism. Although this isn't "original sin", that term refers instead to the Adam and Eve stuff
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: