Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leroy Lita  (Read 2764 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 13:49:00 »

... is apparently the subject of a £1 Million pound bid from Reading.

Fucking 1 season, and their talking 7 figures, SSP does it for three seasons, and we'll be luck to get £700,000 for him.

Takes the piss! :angry:
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 13:54:44 »

I know what you are saying, but Lita has played and scored goals for the E U21's and is a speedy little blighter.

Sam is still worth £1 mill in my eyes but we'll be lucky to get half that Crying

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 13:54:45 »

where did you hear that?

lita is shit compared to parkin! why cant reading give us £1million!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 13:57:17 »

LGC, it was in the Sun today in the 'Footie Index' so how close it is to the truth I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 14:02:09 »

Brizzle C*ty & Reading denied it all yesterday.

Conclusive proof it must be true.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 14:04:49 »

Lita is a cheating little cunt and I couldn't give a fuck if he joined Reading!

Would prefer him to stay at City so as Jerel Ifil can make him disappear again!!
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 14:04:52 »

Lita is only 19, which would explain why he's valued higher that Parkin
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 15:50:57 »

If Parkin went to Reading I'd shoot myself-and him!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 16:04:10 »

Id rather Reading bought Lita, and leave Parkin here!!!

We all know who is better
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 16:20:30 »

Reading won't buy Parkin anyway!
DH

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 22:23:29 »

Parkin is brilliant for many reasons - but just doesn't have the pace that puts the price up. Most teams will think he's a gamble because he doesn't have the pace of other top class forwards.  In addition, he's in a team that's leaked a lot of goals which might just mean poor defence - but might be indictive of a team supporting the forwards more than caring about defensive duties.

I may be wrong but my memory is that Parkin struggles playing 4-5-1 because for that you need pace.  He holds up brilliantly but it's hard to hold up AND get a goal scoring opportunity.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's brilliant but I've seen him over 100 times - for a manager on a tight budget I can understand why >£500k would be a massive gamble despite the stats.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 22:48:01 »

Lita is crap. if he is marked then he is rubbish. Reading are wasting there money, not that i could care less.
DH

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 23:36:40 »

Fair enough.  I haven't seen him play so don't know where his 29 goals this season came from - but it seems unlikely he's crap!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 12:09:00 »

He just doesn't know how to cope with decent defenders.

If you watch Parkin closely, every time he gets the ball he has his back to the defender and he looks to give and go, then creates yards of space from nothing. This makes up for pace in my opinion.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 29, 2005, 13:10:43 »

It's true that Leroy Lita has thrived on rubbish League One defences... With the exception of a couple of good long range efforts; his goals have come from defensive errors and basic poaching (I remember seeing one where he chased it just so he could put a no danger, already goal-bound football in the net from 2 yards.But, alas,  29 goals is impressive regardless.

I've probably seen Lita too many times but I can honestly say Sam Parkin is better in his all round game. When Swindon are playing truely rubbish you can still see Parkin working hard... Lita, however fades away in a rubbish City performance.

I'm actually glad we didn't concede a Lita goal this season because the guy celebrates like he's scored in the last minute of the World Cup Final and that would have annoyed me tremendously!

Even the Bristol City fans aren't 100% behind him really... They worry about his increasingly blatant comparisons to Leon Knight (diving) and the guy is another one of Bristol City's disicipline problems (suspended for the crucial last games for not letting whatever annoyed him at the County Ground go).

City fans are busy getting excited over Marcus Stewart's pending deal so if Lita leaves tomorrow it will be unexpected to them more so than if Parkin left us tomorow.

But if other clubs want Lita I say fair enough, we know how good Parkin is... I don't want Parkin to go and if other clubs want one season wonders then so be it.

Oh and in regards to his England U-21 goal... Fair play to him but it's not as if he made the next squad and look at this following link and look at the England U-21 player in the background... THAT'S how much it meant to our nation!!! Head down... Shoulders low.. .He's walking away like they've conceded! That night many City fans upped his tag to 2million and were talking like he'd scored for the Full Squad.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/BreakingNewsArchive/0,,10327~1832,00.html (scroll down to "Dream Come True" article)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: