Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League Cup Semi Final 1995  (Read 5754 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 23:51:50 »

Town / Bolton. Anybody go to the two games? I drove to Bolton twice in one week (Wednesday nights!). The first time it was called off due to about 2 inches of rain falling in about half an hour. We were parked up outside Burnden Park and the guy selling chips / burgers said the game was off.....not impressed. There was a pub about 400 yards from the ground that we went to which was grim, but at least it set the tone  Cheesy
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 23:55:05 »

Yep did both. Remember the sleet coming down as we had to wait after.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 23:57:37 »

Probably but im to drug addled to remember 95  Cool

/
W56196272
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 00:00:25 »

Haha
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 08:46:06 »

One of the worst experiences going away with the Town that I've had.

Hated the Bolton muppets ever since ! 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 09:55:43 »

One of the worst experiences going away with the Town that I've had.

Hated the Bolton muppets ever since ! 

Ditto.

John McGinlay is a horses arse.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 10:14:40 »

My dad didnt like the north anyway, so there was no way he was going up there midweek.

My mate Kev said that the Head master at Wootton Bassett school called all the boys in two days after for an assembly in absolute despair. Turned out half the school had bunked off for the semi final.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 10:26:47 »

Ditto.

John McGinlay is a horses arse.

Surely it's

Waaaaaaaaaankeeeer waaaaaaaaaaaanker John....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 10:30:57 »

Both very apt descriptions Batch!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 10:35:00 »

My dad didnt like the north anyway, so there was no way he was going up there midweek.

My mate Kev said that the Head master at Wootton Bassett school called all the boys in two days after for an assembly in absolute despair. Turned out half the school had bunked off for the semi final.

When I was at school, the deputy head got round the problem of lads missing school for key mid week away games, by organising coaches to take us to the matches  Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 11:34:51 »

This is the 2nd 'where were you in 1995' thread of the day.  Surprising that, given it was one of the most dire years in our recent history (excl the last few months. maybe).

I was in the Town End with a few others for the home game - and one of our number celebrated the first goal a little too enthusiastically and dislocated his shoulder.  He spent the second half up at the PMH.

For the second leg I was watching in the TV room at college in Oxford.  There was a Bolton fan there as well.  That result really hurt.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 11:54:59 »

Went to both...stood under that Floodlight in the Away end...can remember thinking that there floodlights wernt very bright and was hard to see clearly....then again 4 cans of White Lightening was drunk.......i never touched it again after,its the devils juice IMO.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 12:28:45 »

Only got as far as West Brom for the 1st one and turned back - could have been worse. Went to the 2nd one and Batch is right about John McGinlay - have disliked Bolton since.
Panda Paws

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 16:22:39 »

Just got through the interchange after queuing for 2 hours for the first one and then went up again a week later. i was a very sad 8 year old that evening!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 18:25:10 »

Went to both...stood under that Floodlight in the Away end...can remember thinking that there floodlights wernt very bright and was hard to see clearly....then again 4 cans of White Lightening was drunk.......i never touched it again after,its the devils juice IMO.

Stood near me then Leefer. I was stood between that and the supermarket stand  Cheesy I remember when we scored we ran to the fence at the front and the pitch was at chest height.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: