Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: who are you voting in the euro elections?  (Read 39524 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 12:38:04 »

Erm, I don't think anyone here has said all BNP voters are racist have they? The party's racist, its leaders are racists, and some of their voters are undeniably racist, but I don't think anyone's said "anyone who votes BNP is racist". Although, it would be legitimate to ask such people if they're not racists, why they're voting for a party that is

Exactly. What I've said on here before and what is pissing me off about this is how everyone seems to be seeing all these BNP votes as just a protest vote against the main parties, as if the people who voted for them don't agree with anything the BNP stands for! I'd suggest this is rubbish and rightly or wrongly almost all these voters have at the least a hardline view on immigration!

Why isn't anybody acknowledging this or do they just not want to admit it?

I'm not saying its right but its the truth and we should face up to it!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 13:08:19 »

I don't see why a hardline view on immigration has any bearing on whether someone is a racist.

I don't hate anyone because of their ethnicity or colour, but I do believe that the immigration laws in this country need looking at.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 13:11:14 »

Getting back to the BNP the answer is definitely NOT to ban them.
Again, I don't think anyone's actually suggested banning them have they?
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 13:12:04 »

I don't see why a hardline view on immigration has any bearing on whether someone is a racist.

I didn't say in my post it was racist. I said what we shouldn't ignore is most of these BNP voters have at the least a hardline view on immigration.

I think this is being ignored.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 13:19:34 »

What needs to be done is to address the root causes of of why anyone would vote for an extreme political party (Right or Left).

When I lived in Hayes, a few years ago, many local residents were overtly racist due in part to the number of immigrants flooding into the area and the apparent priority they were given with regard to housing and benefits.

Now, the above view may be completely wrong, but that's what these people believed. It's very easy to condemn anyone who has views which can be seen to be racist when the issues don't directly affect you.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 13:24:39 »

Paul erm i was talking about people in general not this thread.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 13:32:10 »

When I lived in Hayes,
Wot in Hillingdon? I lived there years ago went to school there as well ? wasn't a pleasant area in the 80s!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 13:33:47 »

Wot in Hillingdon? I lived there years ago went to school there as well ? wasn't a pleasant area in the 80s!

Wasn't a pleasant area in the 90's either! I lived on the Uxbridge Rd.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 13:36:03 »

When I lived in Hayes, a few years ago, many local residents were overtly racist due in part to the number of immigrants flooding into the area and the apparent priority they were given with regard to housing and benefits.

That is a perfect example of the problems that resulted in the BNP getting votes.

I honestly believe we are one of the least racist nations in the world, and we actively encourage people from other countries, cultures, ethnicity's to live here and welcome them and their differences with open arms as they help to expand our culture.

The problem is that some of those people we welcome, take the piss out of us and we compound it by having a government that actively encourages them to take the piss. Such as the small minority of Muslim extremists who despise and campaign against our democracy and freedoms, then use those very rights to their own advantage.

I've had enough of it, but whilst I wouldn't ever vote BNP I can see the reasons why some people chose to.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 14:27:19 »

Wasn't a pleasant area in the 90's either! I lived on the Uxbridge Rd.
you cosmopolitan high lifer you
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 15:14:52 »

That is a perfect example of the problems that resulted in the BNP getting votes.

I honestly believe we are one of the least racist nations in the world, and we actively encourage people from other countries, cultures, ethnicity's to live here and welcome them and their differences with open arms as they help to expand our culture.

The problem is that some of those people we welcome, take the piss out of us and we compound it by having a government that actively encourages them to take the piss. Such as the small minority of Muslim extremists who despise and campaign against our democracy and freedoms, then use those very rights to their own advantage.

I've had enough of it, but whilst I wouldn't ever vote BNP I can see the reasons why some people chose to.
FWIW I think you are spot on with what you are saying. Take away the obvious mikey takes of the system/ non system, & you will deprive the BNP of most of it's votes.

From the Dark Side
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 16:21:19 »

Voting for the BNP is the easy, lazy and dangerous option to voice discontent for our immigration policies and involvement in Europe. It's a pity our politicians (including MEP's before the recent election) are not lobbied either in person or written to, generally harangued and given plenty of shit so they realise the opinion of the majority and therefore represent them appropriately instead of doing bugger all. They should be earning their money! This goes for local councillors too. Voting for the extreme is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut IMO.

Having said that Nick Griffiths is an elected MEP and was indeed lobbied with an egg or two so I guess some people don't express their opinions just at election time.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #297 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 10:45:36 »

I got into quite a heated discussion about this in the pub last night.

Some people that I was drinking with where defending the BNP's policies even reading some from the newspaper. The think is that they just did not agree that the BNP was a racist party, rather that they where just taking a sensible approach to immigration to protect the interests of British citizens.

How fucking convenient for Griffin and the BNP that there is an immigration problem in the UK, all they have to do is drop the term "Non-whites" and replace it with "foreign labour" or whatever and they are no longer a bunch of racist fascists but the best thing since sliced bread (brown or white).

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:08:06 »

people define the word  'racist' differently.
flammableBen

« Reply #299 on: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 11:12:05 »

Racists define the word 'racist' differently.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: