Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: who are you voting in the euro elections?  (Read 39522 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #180 on: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 23:44:07 »

It's sad when you get "It's not a good result for the BNP, only up 1%". Nice that the green's beat ukip (in central london) I think.

Did anybody else find it a bit of a distraction at the French open where the back walls say BNP Paribas or something?
Doore

« Reply #181 on: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 23:48:25 »

Haven't seen much of the French Open, been at work then doing dull family stuff.  Any vote for the BNP is a bad result for this country.
flammableBen

« Reply #182 on: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 23:58:33 »

Watched bits. There was that good match where Federer came back from 2-0 sets down, day after Nedal went out I think. The commentators talked about the Federer Wobble, I've turned it into a dance.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 00:04:51 »

Did anybody else find it a bit of a distraction at the French open where the back walls say BNP Paribas or something?

BNP Paribas is a pretty big company, one of the three big banks in France, they also own Arval (used to be PHH) who have their UK head office at Windmill Hill.
flammableBen

« Reply #184 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 00:05:24 »

Back on subject. I'm disappointed that it's the BNP and UKIP which have made gains on the general disillusionment with labour, but then the right wing always offer the easy selfish option, so I'm not really that surprised.

There's something wrong when the freemarket love in breaks down and people respond by heading further to the right. Where's the thatcher hate gone?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 00:16:12 »

Back on subject. I'm disappointed that it's the BNP and UKIP which have made gains on the general disillusionment with labour, but then the right wing always offer the easy selfish option, so I'm not really that surprised.

There's something wrong when the freemarket love in breaks down and people respond by heading further to the right. Where's the thatcher hate gone?

Not sure you can read too much in to the extra votes for BNP and UKIP as there hasn't been massive swings to them. Even then its difficult to say for sure why people have voted for them, is it because they support their policies or because they are pissed off with all of the main parties in the UK?
flammableBen

« Reply #186 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 00:30:44 »

Not sure you can read too much in to the extra votes for BNP and UKIP as there hasn't been massive swings to them. Even then its difficult to say for sure why people have voted for them, is it because they support their policies or because they are pissed off with all of the main parties in the UK?

I'd hope it's people being pissed off, but both parties make the easy play on blame. BNP go for the nationalist immigartion angle; UKIP also play on the nationalism vote, but back it up with silly claims.

You only have to go to UKIP's website, there's the picture of churchhill (nationalism) and the ridiculous claim that the EU costs £40mil a day (it's about a third of that at worst), and then you get the claim that 75% of our laws come from the EU. I'm yet to meet a UKIP voter who could name one.
flammableBen

« Reply #187 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 01:07:12 »

Two BNP NEP's now.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 01:07:47 »

BNP win another seat at Labour's expense. I despair at the freaks up north I really do.
flammableBen

« Reply #189 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 01:12:01 »

I've never been a big flag waving patriot, I don't really think it's very British, but there's always been something about us as a people which has made me proud. Two BNP seats is making me ashamed. I'm going for a fag.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 01:18:39 »

Aye. Seeing that smug fuckwit Griffin giving v signs and lording it to the press makes me quite angry Sad
flammableBen

« Reply #191 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 01:30:53 »

It's fucking horrible.
flammableBen

« Reply #192 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 01:37:03 »

Think I'll pick up my angry disappointment tomorrow morning. Night TEF.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 08:30:55 »

People of course have a right not to vote.  But surely those people don't then have a right to complain about the political situation when they have essentially opted out of said system?

Surely theres a strong argument the other way round - how can you truly complain about the system when you are legitimising it by participating in it?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #194 on: Monday, June 8, 2009, 08:31:09 »

I'd hope it's people being pissed off, but both parties make the easy play on blame. BNP go for the nationalist immigartion angle; UKIP also play on the nationalism vote, but back it up with silly claims.

You only have to go to UKIP's website, there's the picture of churchhill (nationalism) and the ridiculous claim that the EU costs £40mil a day (it's about a third of that at worst), and then you get the claim that 75% of our laws come from the EU. I'm yet to meet a UKIP voter who could name one.
Fraudelent mediums act, booster seats for kids,banning of bull bars on cars. Here are three,stupid laws but just naming some.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: