Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: who are you voting in the euro elections?  (Read 39562 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #105 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:24:12 »

Hey hey hey

This election has absolutely nothing to do with UK domestic politics, apart from the fact that the House of Commons is now an irrelevance when 70-80% of our laws are sourced by Brussels.

Why are people so ignorant about what the EU is about? Voting along UK party lines is about as much use as a third armpit.

Don't patronise me with your hey, hey, hey's.

You're the biggest and bestest political mind on TEF - I get it.
Talk Talk

« Reply #106 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:29:31 »

I voted for the Jury Team (terrible name I grant you). They've received a lot of criticism.

My opinion is that a lot of the fall of parliament is due to old fashioned and majorly flawed traditions and practices that should not be continued.

I'm not hugely politically minded, but I voted for what I felt represented my thoughts the most.

Jury Team is interesting Rich.

I think it awakes a feeling of non-political party voting. I also think it is a bad move for democracy in that it splinters opinion into individual's take on the world. Don't get me wrong, I stood as an independent at the last General Election but looking back I think it was a shite concept.

Have a read of this, from a very learned man:

http://thejournal.parker-joseph.co.uk/blog/_archives/2009/3/8/4115740.html

Better to get rid of politicians and governments completely IMHO (cue abuse from Davis :-p )
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:31:28 »

James Purnell has resigned and told Brown to go now. Heseltine moment anyone?

Brown won't survive this.

It will all depend on just how bad the local and euro election results are. If they are bad then the chances are that Brown will be gone within weeks. If they are really bad then he'll definitely be gone within a couple of weeks, or he'll say a big "fuck you" to the Labour party and call a general election instead - which would make sense as the government would be in pieces.

Bearing in mind the shit that has happened recently, especially the expenses debacle (which Labour are somewhat unfairly feeling the full brunt of) and the resignations I've got a feeling the results will be really, really bad and will be a fatal blow to the government.
Talk Talk

« Reply #108 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:32:27 »

You're the biggest and bestest political mind on TEF - I get it.

Rich, is being passionate about politics and your children's future wrong?

I'm at the age where I think about their future more than my own and with nearly a half century of living through the rule of others can't you cut me a bit of slack?

I care, I really do.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:37:36 »

Looks like Swindon will be in the news tomorrow. Apparently Michael Wills (North Swindon MP) is the elections minister (wasn't aware of that before tonight) and all the shit over the folded ballot papers (resulting in people being unable to find the UKIP box) is flying directly in his direction. UKIP are suggesting they might mount a legal challenge to have the elections re-run:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8084086.stm
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:42:17 »

Rich, is being passionate about politics and your children's future wrong?

I'm at the age where I think about their future more than my own and with nearly a half century of living through the rule of others can't you cut me a bit of slack?

I care, I really do.

its not about cutting you some slack, its about not having you talk down to others.
Talk Talk

« Reply #111 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:43:20 »

its not about cutting you some slack, its about not having you talk down to others.

Fuck off shorty
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:46:56 »

[url width=323 height=254]http://people.southwestern.edu/~burksr/test/images/popcorn.jpg[/url]
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:48:36 »

I'll bet you a tenner he's resigned by a fortnight today.

Deal.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:49:17 »

And that means out of post.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:50:12 »

sorry to disapoint sonic, wont argue with alan. The man is not someone you can debate with, he is always right about everything and everyone else is either corrupted or mislead.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:50:31 »

Presuming your looking for the technicality of him having resigned but not yet been replaced.

In which case I'd have thought Harman (god help us) would be Joe Kinnearing.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 22:57:59 »

Presuming your looking for the technicality of him having resigned but not yet been replaced.

In which case I'd have thought Harman (god help us) would be Joe Kinnearing.

I couldn't name a prominent labour candidate for replacing him, which is why i think he will still be in post in two weeks.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 23:02:57 »

milliband or alan johnstone
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 23:45:34 »

I voted for the pensioners party because i like the idea of the european parliament being full of people in wooly cardigans, spending their money on milk and cat food.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: