Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whisky  (Read 16283 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 09:45:37 »

Yeah I struggle to get to sleep.
Pisses me off more is that the mrs is asleep as soon as she hit the pillow.

Might have to give the double a go  Pint

Good luck if you try it mwooly. I find it's best to sip it slowly, while reading a book in bed for about half an hour,  the drowsiness begins, light off, quickly to sleep.   

ust be the oldest
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 09:47:33 »

Looks like you've had a treble there normy  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 10:12:25 »

Talking of whiskey can anyone who knows about such matters suggest a special bottle/brand in the c.£200 sort of price bracket, FiL done a load of work on the house for us and want to get him something special as a thank you and he likes his scotch (don't think he will touch Irish!).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 10:20:55 »

Talking of whiskey can anyone who knows about such matters suggest a special bottle/brand in the c.£200 sort of price bracket, FiL done a load of work on the house for us and want to get him something special as a thank you and he likes his scotch (don't think he will touch Irish!).

However if you buy whiskey, you'll get Irish, or heaven forbid American. If you want Scotch then its whisky.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 12:03:34 »

For me, the only good thing about whiskey is that a double at bedtime gets me drowsy and overcomes my insomnia problem.  It's not recommended by the "experts", but it's the only method I've found which consistently gets me off to a quick sleep.  I've tried all sorts of methods. Anyone else find it hard to get to sleep regularly?

The alcohol is sedating you, it's not necessarily helping you sleep. There is a difference.

I'm going to plug it again because it's an amazing book: you should read Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker. You should also probably see a doctor if you're having trouble getting to and/or staying asleep.
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 12:10:25 »

For me, the only good thing about whiskey is that a double at bedtime gets me drowsy and overcomes my insomnia problem.  It's not recommended by the "experts", but it's the only method I've found which consistently gets me off to a quick sleep.  I've tried all sorts of methods. Anyone else find it hard to get to sleep regularly?

I have sleeping problems, or at least I used to. I used to sleep only every 3rd night. I was really worried about it.

A combination of atarax (an anti-histamine) and melatonin did the job for me.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:20:29 »

The alcohol is sedating you, it's not necessarily helping you sleep. There is a difference.

I'm going to plug it again because it's an amazing book: you should read Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker. You should also probably see a doctor if you're having trouble getting to and/or staying asleep.

I'm not reading a book by a mental Swindon fan off facebook
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 13:26:02 »

I'm not reading a book by a mental Swindon fan off facebook
Cheesy
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 15:20:10 »

Not that Matthew Walker.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 15:25:17 »

So as per my earlier post does anyone have any suggestions otherwise he is just going to get 20 bottles of Famous Grouse.... 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 15:47:54 »

So as per my earlier post does anyone have any suggestions otherwise he is just going to get 20 bottles of Famous Grouse.... 
No experience at that price point I'm afraid, but I'd be happy to help you research!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 16:18:30 »

No experience at that price point I'm afraid, but I'd be happy to help you research!

I won't be researching, hate the stuff!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 16:40:25 »

Not a big Whisky drinker, but IIRC Johnny Walker blue label seemed very smooth with little to no burn when I tried some at a friends house. Think it can be had for around £100 if you are lucky.

No idea really though, worth seeking an expert opinion before purchasing. I'm sure the single malt snobs will disagree.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 17:09:21 »

I won't be researching, hate the stuff!
I'm happy to carry that burden for you. Send me the candidate bottles and I'll try them out for you Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 17:10:52 »

I'll help share the burden. I'll even pay for P&P!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: