Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: peterborough v swindon official matchday thread  (Read 24990 times)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 19:48:57 »

wonder if wilson will use the 3-5-2 formation next season as he did for the 1st 70 mins for today game and we looked solid.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 19:54:15 »

I agree with DV - we deserved to win the game and their fans were crap. Although in fairness their few thousand proper fans probably found it difficult to get an atmosphere going with all the plastics who'd jammed in for the last game of the season to ride on some reflected glory. Wonder how many of those in the newly minted promotion T-shirts have actually been to see their new heroes before today? And yes, I know we'd have the same here in the same circumstances, but my God they were quiet. We stayed behind to see some of their promotion celebrations and they didn't even make that much noise waiting for the players to come out to celebrate. Quite odd
santasdead

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 19:58:48 »

I don't think they can't pay out as he is top scorer abelt joint. Shame it will probably be half though for most.

Havn't payed me a single penny. Aparently i lost the bet. Smakc

EDIT: Just after posting they've change it to half winnings. That'l pay for my end of exam piss up Cheesy
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 20:04:22 by santasdead » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 20:25:03 »

I agree with DV - we deserved to win the game and their fans were crap.
Deserved to win the game? Phil Smith was keeping us in it and they had two cleared off the line. They deserved a point as much as us, not that it really matters.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 20:27:01 »

i didnt say we deserved to win the game did I?

we deserved to be ahead at half time though.
Maguire11

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 20:38:18 »

what a game today was, great day out for all town fans.
i knew Smithy would save the penalty but also knew Keates would score that tremendous free kick.

well played town and also well done all the fans that went to the game, we were so vocal and outsung the posh for the whole 95 minutes.

Swindon Town League 2 Champions - 2012
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 20:45:27 »

Have to say on the evidence of today I wouldn't swap Cox for MacLean, Mackail-Smith & Boyd put together.

Agree with you there Posh Red, he looked miles better than any of them today.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 21:42:18 »

I'm just back, will read through the rest in a mo, just wanted to say that was an awesome performance by the town fans, superb. Smithy earnt himself a new contract today as did Lechsinel i reckon. Again not read through but did anyone else see Brez walking back from the town centre in a suit 5 mins after the final whistle? weird.
dell boy

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 21:44:20 »

Enjoyed today, what great support, now that was bloody loud.
Cox two chances, two great finishes.
He must be man of the match - no I'm afraid not - Smith was aweseome, dont think I've seen a better goalkeeping performance this season.

On the downer, dont think I've seen a poorer performance from Billy Paynter this season either.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 22:24:10 »

Cracking support from town today, I'm still hoarse. "We paid for your hats!" Classic...
I'll have to upload the clips of Budgie de-bagging Timlin at the end  Moon

Anybody hear of any bother after the game; saw a lot of coppers legging it over the bridge to the city centre  as we left - unless there was a special on doughnuts  :eatkf:
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 22:59:34 »

Saw the meat wagon on the bridge, but didn't see what was happening, walked through town to the station and that was quiet, as was the station itself, so no idea.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 23:01:05 »

Saw the meat wagon on the bridge, but didn't see what was happening, walked through town to the station and that was quiet, as was the station itself, so no idea.
Same. I walked up to the station and got the 1736 train. Didn't see or hear of anything before then
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 23:05:41 »

:eatkf:  Yes
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 23:08:57 »

Just had a browse on the Posh forum and it appears our stand out players were Coxy (no surprise), JPM and P Smith. One comment about Cox that was made "We should try to buy him" 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 23:13:22 »

Just had a browse on the Posh forum and it appears our stand out players were Coxy (no surprise), JPM and P Smith. One comment about Cox that was made "We should try to buy him" 
If they've got a spare £2m or so then they can have him. Although I'm not sure he'd want to sign for them. Agree about JPM and Smithy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: