Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Away Day Nostalgia  (Read 4815 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:09:53 »

Just planning for Saturdays trip to Posh got me thinking about away trips in the past. One that always springs to mind is Ashton Gate in 1991....five of us (none of us wore shirts, scarves etc) decided to pop into the pub on Ashton road for a pre match pint. How did they tell we weren't city fans? There was no bother but we did get some heavy looks. Just stayed for the one pint. Yes Went to the match, enjoyed whooping them 4-0, didn't enjoy being locked in for 50 minutes; but we did enjoy the Roger Malone interview with Steve White  Cheesy

Was any other Teffer at that match?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:13:02 »

birmingham away 6-4 spring sto mind for me. Newcastle 7-1. Stockpot 4-2 recently. the 3-1 at reading.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:17:13 »

Just planning for Saturdays trip to Posh got me thinking about away trips in the past. One that always springs to mind is Ashton Gate in 1991....five of us (none of us wore shirts, scarves etc) decided to pop into the pub on Ashton road for a pre match pint. How did they tell we weren't city fans? There was no bother but we did get some heavy looks. Just stayed for the one pint. Yes Went to the match, enjoyed whooping them 4-0, didn't enjoy being locked in for 50 minutes; but we did enjoy the Roger Malone interview with Steve White  Cheesy

Yep. Me and a couple of mates went up without tickets and ended up in with the home fans. We were well behaved for the first two goals.....

It's All Good..............
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:19:15 »

Yes, but the best of all was the fact that I rang City on the Monday & bought the match video Cheesy

Fair Play to the Shitheads, they did sell me a copy. (Don't suppose they sold too many Cheesy)
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:23:47 »

Was it Nestor Lorenzo's first game for us?
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:35:50 by 4D » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:39:49 »

birmingham away 6-4 spring sto mind for me. Newcastle 7-1. Stockpot 4-2 recently. the 3-1 at reading.

You got to go to the Newcastle game?  Didn't they have no away fans that season?  Bloody journos...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 21:58:27 »

Yep. Me and a couple of mates went up without tickets and ended up in with the home fans. We were well behaved for the first two goals.....

At least being in the home end you got to leave when the match finished. Roll Eyes
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 22:36:04 »

Also remember trips to Twerton with the huge open away end  Cheesy. Got me thinking about some of the old Rovers team back then. Devon White, Gary Penrice, Carl Saunders etc. Rovers never seem to struggle with strikers, who can bag them plenty of goals.  Sad
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 22:39:02 »

You got to go to the Newcastle game?  Didn't they have no away fans that season?  Bloody journos...

In a rare moment of Commercial acumen, the club advertised a DVD/video of the game that would be on sale afterwards because of the away fans ban that season (due to redevelopment).  I can't be 100% sure but I think the acumen didn't go as far as ensuring pre payment before the result.
Melksham Red

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 07:02:12 »

Yeah I was. Fucking great day. So many highlights. Chalkies hatrick, the Malone interview etc. 
Back then me and the lads used to try and get a bit of crowd surging and swaying going, Kop style. Before the game were pissed up, generally being young idiots and surging forward at every oppurtunity when a couple of old bill barge their way through the crowd and nick two guys who were stood infront of us who were doing absolutely fuck all. They were so shocked, pleading their innocence, they looked like they were going to cry. I still laugh like fuck at that. Them's were the days. 
REDBUCK

« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 07:36:54 »

I was there. Being local i bought a ticket for the Dolman stand, sat next to two old folks decked out in Swindon gear. The locals around us were ok until we celebrated the third a little to loudly and they got a bit chopsey.  Had to pretend to be glum on the way out until safely on the bus home.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: