Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EA Sports- New Kit Sponsor  (Read 11972 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 06:43:57 »

Alongside FourFourTwo, not a replacement:

TOWN have agreed a major sponsorship deal with computer games giant EA Sports, the Swindon Advertiser can exclusively reveal.

The club have been in discussions with the global gaming company for the last few months and will wear their logo on their shirts from the start of next season.

Swindon agreed a three-year deal with football magazine FourFourTwo last June and have now sealed a 12-month contract for an undisclosed sum with EA Sports - whose motto is ‘It’s in the game’ - as the firms work in partnership to support the County Ground outfit.

As Town’s contract with current kit suppliers Lotto comes to close the Advertiser understands that next year’s home strip, rumoured to be made by Adidas, will continue to have FourFourTwo’s logo across the chest, with EA Sports adorning the back of it.

However, the roles are expected to be reversed on the new away kit, with EA Sports taking prominence and FourFourTwo across the shoulders.

EA Sports’ senior UK PR manager, Shaun White, exclusively told the Advertiser: “EA Sports is excited to be working in partnership with FourFourTwo to co-sponsor Swindon Town Football Club.

“We both recognise the importance of engaging with clubs from all divisions and we look forward to developing a close relationship with the club, supporters and local community.”

Interesting.
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 06:47:21 »

Only good if it shouts "It's in the game" at you when you put in on and has an invisible walls cheat.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:02:13 »

Hopefully Adver right about Adidas being the kit manufacturer !!!!

Wise men say........
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:02:17 »

very interesting, considering we've been gash on the pitch there's clearly something going right to get this sort of deal (if correct)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:06:56 »

Score a goal cheat: up up down down a+b, left start

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:10:44 »

Ace. This board seem to really know what they're doing when it comes to high profile sponsorship.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:14:14 »

Its just a shame they're reducing the playing budget next season...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:16:12 »

Its just a shame they're reducing the playing budget next season...

They're reducing the size of the squad (Quite rightly) which will obviously see a reduction in the playing budget.

They've not said they're reducing the players wages, just the number of players we have.

PMA Sippo!!!!

It's All Good..............
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:22:19 »

Nick Watkins clearly said that the playing budget will be reduced next season. What that means who knows. Yes the squad will be trimmed, but wants quality over quantity. If we want half decent players then we may need to pay for them and their wages.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:33:09 »

I wonder if that means discounts on computer games for ST Holders? Cheesy
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:34:43 »

Nick Watkins clearly said that the playing budget will be reduced next season. What that means who knows. Yes the squad will be trimmed, but wants quality over quantity. If we want half decent players then we may need to pay for them and their wages.

I the reason for this is that some of the players that are out of contract are top earners, so getting rid of some of the top earners that are not really playing and bringing in players that are on less will obviously reduce the playing budget, and getting rid of say 10 players and replacing them with 6 players will also reduce the budget.

This summer no player will be able to demand top dollar as there will be so many players available that they just won't get offered a deal if their requirment is too much.

Bear in mind that this board have inherited (sp ?) a playing budget from the previous regime, and now is their time to clean this up with so many player's out of contract, and pay proper wages and perhaps top it up with bonuses so there is an extra incentive to win etc.

I beleive Wilson will have a squad of around 22 players for next season and a majority of them will not be un-tried youngsters, bear in mind our squad size now I beleive is over 30. and of course there is the loan market that can be used as well as we have seen with Greer, Kanu & Jones can havea great influence.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:38:21 »

You just need to look at the back of the Match Day Program to see how ridiculously large our squad is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:40:19 »

Sturrock, Pook, Casal, Nalis, Kanyuka, Corr, Sturrock, Razak, the french sounding bloke who signed with Razak, Peacock . There's ten players you could trim from the squad without effect on the match day 1st team. And the wage budget would be reduced because of it.

We'd obviously replace some of them with (hopefully) better replacements, but it's plain to see our squad (and therefor wage bill) is too big.

22 players seems about right, its what Sturrock was aiming for before Best holdings came and fucked it up with the 3 amigos.

Four Four Two and EA Sports (it's in the game) - feel like proper sponsors!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:42:18 by Batch » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:40:30 »

... And how crap most of them are.

Good deal, hopefully we'll see some discounts on EA games!
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 07:48:46 »

Could someone with more artistic talent (and time) than me be bothered to mock up a Fifa 2010 cover with a Swindon player on it for my pc wallpaper please?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: