Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY EVERYBODY!!!  (Read 10062 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 22:43:17 »

To celebrate I had fish and chips for dinner, and washed it down with some Gin.

I am now having my annual cup of tea.

Anything less would be multi-cultural.
Doore

« Reply #61 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 22:56:35 »

Please don't think me sad, but thanks to a Swindon Town calendar I had as a lad, I always think of the 23rd April as Fraser Digby's birthday.  So - happy birthday to the finest town keeper I've ever seen - I'm having a drink for you.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:06:28 »

I've been out flag waving and drinking a-plenty.

Destroyed my phone somehow though.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:11:37 »

It (was) my birthday on St Georges day! And I passed my driving test on Monday so it's been a good week! Cheesy Got money for a car and insurance, tickets to Peterborough and 2 stand buy me tickets.  Cool
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:13:38 »

As usual, evey St Georges day, someone starts a thread about it and the genral, ignorant, poorly informed and more poorly educated populace of the TEF talk horseshit, bullshit and a load of bollocks about it.

Well done, this years thread has proven that the vast majority of contributors here manage exceed expectations by actually talking 100% bollocks.

Be very proud of yourselves guy's and gal's. A fucking discrace to your nation.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:15:01 »

As usual, evey St Georges day, someone starts a thread about it and the genral, ignorant, poorly informed and more poorly educated populace of the TEF talk horseshit, bullshit and a load of bollocks about it.

Well done, this years thread has proven that the vast majority of contributors here manage exceed expectations by actually talking 100% bollocks.

Be very proud of yourselves guy's and gal's. A fucking discrace to your nation.

So you didn't want to add anything constructive yourself then?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:15:40 »

Is gin not English then?
Doore

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:16:53 »

Poorly educated?  Mistakes in your post.  Georges - George's.  genral - general.  manage exceed - manage to excede.  guy's and gal's - guys and gals.  Discrace - disgrace.

He who casts the first stone...
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:19:23 »

Yes door, a few typing errors or would you rather talk about the points I made.

I bet you have a piece of paper that says you're clever?

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:20:28 »

Poorly educated?  Mistakes in your post.  Georges - George's.  genral - general.  manage exceed - manage to excede.  guy's and gal's - guys and gals.  Discrace - disgrace.

He who casts the first stone...
Do you mean, "Let he who is without sin..."?

(Until then it was a great post)
flammableBen

« Reply #70 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:20:49 »

Yeah Doore you knob. Having a bit of paper saying you're clever, shame on you. You won't be welcome into the world of far right politics unless you're proud of your ignorance.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:21:53 »

Yes door, a few typing errors or would you rather talk about the points I made.

I bet you have a piece of paper that says you're clever?

You didn't make any points, feel free to now:
Doore

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:32:50 »

I did mean let he who is without sin - thanks for the correction.  I actually have lots of pieces of paper saying I'm clever - my Mum used to make them for me until I was old enough to do it myself.  I'm proud of my ignorance of certain things - I know fuck all about interior design and am rather proud of the fact.

As to the points you so eloquently made, how has anyone disgraced the nation in this rather amusing and light hearted thread?

Oh, and it's Doore, not door.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:34:28 by Doore » Logged
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:34:03 »

St George is basically the growth of pre Norman conquest cult.

St George is "not English"

St G is the patron St of nearly a dozen European nations from England to Ukraine.

St G is also the patron St of at least three times as many european cities as he is nations.

The fact that he's "not English" is entirely irrelivent to the pont of a patron St.

Start looking at the myth of St G and what he represents and then you might start getting to the bottom of why he was selected (rather belatedly I might add) as the patron St. What he represents is the important part of this.

And with regards to previous postings, Edmund the marty,a former King of England, is the original patron St of the English nation.

And Ardiles, your assertion that the English are a "mongrel race" could do with you actually doing a bit of research.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:36:06 »

All of which is discussed in the other St George thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: