Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arthur Horsfield  (Read 2031 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 19:58:27 »

I've taken quite a liking to this avatar, I've started to try and copy the facial expression in the mirror but I haven't nailed it yet. Does anyone have any stories about him from when he was at Swindon? He's my new hero Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:15:39 »

Arthur was signed from Middlesborough via Newcastle or the other way around, and was a bit of a goal hanger....he was decent goal poaching finisher, but lacked a bit of place hence he got the nickname of Dobbin.....in fact  he got a lot of undeserved stick.

Things I recall about him......were his goal on 3 mins v Blackpool in front of 28000+, when a win could have seen us up to the top flight in 1970....Blackpol equalised and they went up instead......shame no PO's as that side would have pissed them.

His goals v Juve and Napoli in the Anglo Italian and a hat trick v Roma when we played them and also he seemed to score key goals in derby matches particularly v Sh**ty and a hat trick v the scum  David Moss has scored the only other  hat trick in these matches.

he moved on to Charlton around 72/73 and finished leading scorer in the division for them one seaon I think......then ended up playing centre half later.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:25:11 »

interview @ http://www.nufc.com/html/arthur_horsfield_interview.html

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:38:17 »

Top stuff....interesting that he reckoned DR was just about the best he played with.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:29:27 »

Sounds like my type of bloke. Was he a lazy cunt on the pitch? I wish all footballers were Arthur Horsfield.

I read that interview earlier Whits, it's quality Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 09:20:34 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Sounds like my type of bloke.  

Easy tiger.

People don't seem to use those kind of facial expressions any more do they?  I'm going to do my bit to bring it back in the East London/Essex areas.   I wonder how many times I'll get punched?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: