Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cox being watched by WBA + £2m bid by Leicester  (Read 4120 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 08:14:54 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4249578.Big_boys_stepping_up_the_chase_for_Cox/

DMR

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 08:32:12 »

I'm 99.9% certain he'll be gone in the summer now, which is fair enough.

I do think we need to get £2m minimum and reinvest most of it in trying to replace him, or we'll struggle again.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 08:46:21 »

Right lets use our common sense. Matty Fryatt is shit in the championship,give us fryatt and £1m and cox is all yours.

EASY
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 08:56:18 »

I'm 99.9% certain he'll be gone in the summer now, which is fair enough.

I do think we need to get £2m minimum and reinvest most of it in trying to replace him, or we'll struggle again.
You really think we need to spend most of £2m to replace one player in League One? Getting out of League One (the right way) is more about building a team than spending millions on players. You may need to spend some money on players, but certainly not millions. Being able to offer decent wages (and being able to pay them) is far more important than lashing out on transfer fees at this level. Spending wildly on transfer fees is more of a recipe for bankruptcy than success.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 09:51:47 »

I reckon West Brom would be a good move for Cox and his best option for a stepping stone to a decent Premier League side. Sure they'll get relegated but they'll be in the top 6 in the Championship next season and will most likely go straight back up again - they've been going up and down like a yo-yo in recent years.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 10:07:14 »

Right lets use our common sense. Matty Fryatt is shit in the championship,give us fryatt and £1m and cox is all yours.

EASY

I like the cut of your jib!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 13:00:49 »

we just have to accept he is good as gone.other clubs are a better option for a player,rather than us despite our history.
both cox and morrison will be sold.where the money for those players goes is what concerns me most.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 13:04:59 »

I don't think Morrison will be gone.

Sell Cox for 2 million, some of it invested in the squad and keep Morrison for another season.

Sell him at the end of next season and reinvest in the squad.

We only need one cash cow a year.

It's All Good..............
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 13:10:41 »

I don't think Morrison will be gone.

Sell Cox for 2 million, some of it invested in the squad and keep Morrison for another season.

Sell him at the end of next season and reinvest in the squad.

We only need one cash cow a year.

Pook is likely to command a big transfer fee. I reckon this talk of scouts watching Cox are a cover for clubs to steal MP from us for pittance hapeney.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 13:15:59 »

both cox and morrison will be sold.

If Cox won't sign a contract extension he has to be sold, either in the summer or the January transfer window otherwise he'll leave for nothing next summer. We don't have the same problem with Morrison, even if his contract runs out we'll still get some money for him though I really can't see him turning down a new contract with us.

We also won't get top dollar if we sell Morrison now, playing a full season next year will make him worth a lot more.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 13:18:44 »

Cox will still be under 24 next July so we would still get recompense, we'd probably get stiffed as usual but he wouldn't go for nowt if it runs out.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 13:22:47 »

morrison is deffo being sold.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 13:24:54 »

Cox will still be under 24 next July so we would still get recompense, we'd probably get stiffed as usual but he wouldn't go for nowt if it runs out.

I thought they had to be under 23 for compensation. You sure about it being under 24?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 13:26:37 »

morrison is deffo being sold.

Source?

It's All Good..............
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 13:27:05 »

Either way he's only 21 now, but yes it is 24.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: