Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does Gordon Greer feel obliged to stay with us...  (Read 4349 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:40:39 »

...given that he has been been given the enormous honour of wearing the captain's arm-band, and therefore gets to write a column in the match-day magazine?

Also, is he the best captain of the season so far, and are his columns more insightful than Hasney's were?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:45:17 »

....right, i'm going a bit football manager here so stay with me.

GG is out of contract in the summer, yes? Doncaster as far as we are aware have not offered him a new contract?

Surely we can sit down and offer him something now?...then obviously the contract starts once his current one at Doncaster finishes?

If that is the case then why have we not offered him anything yet. Strike while the iron is hot and all that...
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:47:35 »

Yeah but what about his column though?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:48:23 »

I havent bought a program since 1999.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:51:09 »

Not very loyal then. That is fine.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:20:16 »

I hope he feels obliged to stay with us. I really rate the guy and I'm sure Morrsion does as well. With him and Vincent at the back I feel a lot more confident.
Also if we do sign him we can pay up that useless, gutless cunt Aljofree. 
Talk Talk

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:34:40 »

Greer was ace today.

In fact all four suites. If he was a poker hand I would have bazillions of chips.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 00:07:24 »

....right, i'm going a bit football manager here so stay with me.

GG is out of contract in the summer, yes? Doncaster as far as we are aware have not offered him a new contract?

Surely we can sit down and offer him something now?...then obviously the contract starts once his current one at Doncaster finishes?

If that is the case then why have we not offered him anything yet. Strike while the iron is hot and all that...

We're not allowed. With British (or English not quite sure) based contracts, you can only jump in and sign someone on a pre-contract one month before the old one expires. So if his deal is up on the 1st of June the earliest we could try and nab him would be May. If he was playing for someone like Lyon we could could pre-contract sign him in January as the transfer system for EU based players is different i.e 6 months before. Hope that all makes sense.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 00:08:34 »

but you can do it on football manager 09?Huh?Huh?Huh??
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 00:11:53 »

We're not allowed. With British (or English not quite sure) based contracts, you can only jump in and sign someone on a pre-contract one month before the old one expires. So if his deal is up on the 1st of June the earliest we could try and nab him would be May. If he was playing for someone like Lyon we could could pre-contract sign him in January as the transfer system for EU based players is different i.e 6 months before. Hope that all makes sense.

can we not offer him a pre-pre-contract?

Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 09:01:32 »

Greer is unlikely to commit to anything with us until he knows what division we're going to be in next season.

He's shown during this loan period that he'd be an excellent signing for a league 1 side, and unless we were going to offer him silly money he's going to want to play at this level as a minimum.

Wilson's making all the right noises, and giving him the armband and the Captain's column in the programmed is a pretty clear statement of intent to Greer that if he stays he's going to be intergral to the team. Until we're clear of relegation I don't think we can expect any progress.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 09:07:16 »

Greer is ace, That is all!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 09:12:56 »

He has turned our season around - hope we stay up and we can keep him - gotta offer him at least 2 years minimum though as hes still only 28 isnt he?
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 09:52:37 by Luci » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 09:47:33 »

but you can do it on football manager 09?Huh?Huh?Huh??

but that's only with non english contracts

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 10:34:14 »

Interestingly GG has now played more games for us than he has for Doncaster Rovers.

Sign him up.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: