Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 24855 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 16:26:53 »

is it, f*ck that then! unless you pay for the three years up front by credit card and pay it off over 18 months on your credit card, you'll still feel like you're getting 18 months for free.

Maybe not.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 16:32:12 »

Main issue i have is the cut off date- think it shoul dbe extended to 31/05/09 as previous years
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 16:42:49 »

The thing is that £20 isn't fine. And moving higher isn't fine either.

Get a job.  it will seem like fuck all then.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #123 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 16:45:07 »

is it, f*ck that then! unless you pay for the three years up front by credit card and pay it off over 18 months on your credit card, you'll still feel like you're getting 18 months for free.

Maybe not.

That's what I was thinking of doing. It's just I have quite a bit on my card at the mo so I'm not sure I can justify another £750... Scary times.
flammableBen

« Reply #124 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 16:48:04 »

Get a job.  it will seem like fuck all then.

I wouldn't go anyway, don't really like football.

Football's got to stop living in it's own little world - only comparing prices to last season or other clubs. Really it should be comparing what's on offer compared with what else the people of Swindon want to do with their cash on a Saturday afternoon.

£20 in no way represents value for money - It's just ripping off those who've already made an emotional investment in the club but for whatever reason don't want a season ticket. It's a pretty big barrier to anybody who wants to justify going along now and again.

Shouldn't be more than a tenner.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 17:14:54 »

How can the town end be only £10 cheaper for a whole season when per game at matchday prices its going to be £6 cheaper. Doesn't seem right.  Huh?

Thats a good point. In theory, a TE season ticket should be at least £138 cheaper.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 17:16:53 »

and the reason it's been half empty, and a shite atmosphere this season.
they got it wrong in the townend this season,and aint put it right for next season
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 17:34:12 »

Do you think so? ahh thanks Yeovil
do you think they will listen to me that we need better cheerleaders?

oh a lighter note is that AXS and Herthab on the front of the brochure? under the on sale date and slightly obscured by the "watch up to 13games for free*" bit?

No.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 17:51:22 »

Bottom line is if the football is shite and we've a losing side, peolple will be more reluctant to shell out, than if we've a decent side going well.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 19:01:02 »

That's fair enough for STs and I wouldn't have been suprised or particularly upset to have seen STs go up to 299 tbh for that very reason. But it makes putting up matchday prices all the more of a double squeeze - means people are more likely to stop going all together.

To play Devils advocate, doesn't an increased matchday ticket price make the season ticket price more attractive.

(i.e last season the ST price was 58% of the price of 23 matchday tickets, this year it is only 55%)

Last year was the first time for 15 years that we had season tickets, and we will almost certainly renew again this year.
As long as we make it to 13 games or more we don't lose out.

One annoying thing is that you can't get 3 year tickets for juniors, otherwise we might well have considered it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 19:12:14 »

someone negatively mentioned this would drive season tickets down to around 3000.  Well, result, because that's what we always get.

Other than the deadline, this still looks a cracker of a season ticket offer, enough to keep me interested.  I purchased one this season for the first time ever, I never liked the idea of shelling out in advance (even though I often went to enough games to make it worthwhile) and I don't like the same seat every week.

For a main stand in the Prem DV, you'd be looking much closer to £1000, and for most you can't get matchday tickets.

Matchday tickets are a different kettle of fish.  £22 is too much.  If I waver on the season ticket, then the matchday prices are sufficient to make matchdays a "decision" as opposed to an automatic choice if I am around.  The TE may be cheaper, but the view is so poor only those who don't mind standing and not seeing much will go.  I used to watch from the Bank as a teenager and my 1 or 2 seasons in the TE was very irritating.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 19:18:09 »

Made my mind up for me.
No season tickets for us next season, and if the football is shit again no matches either.
Small crowds next season I reckon.

When you're smiling.........
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 19:19:52 »

Google tells me that the average price for a mid range Prem league season ticket last year was £590

/
W56196272
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 19:21:43 »

quote author=overthehill link=topic=33537.msg677566#msg677566 date=1237576689]
Made my mind up for me.
No season tickets for us next season, and if the football is shit again no matches either.
[/quote]

If you moan as much at the game as you do on here, there will be some happy people if you're missing Grin
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 19:25:40 »

Made my mind up for me.

Depends on the season.

Our average gates for the years mid table and below in this league in recent years haven't fluctuated much and in the 2006/7 season held up rather well.  The only time it will fall by a noticeable amount is if we have a poor season in League 2.  In 1989/90, some of our gates weren't much better than they are now.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: