Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 24925 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #90 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:41:40 »

I really can't understand the "I'll go if it's £20, but not if it's £22" argument at all. It's less than the price of a burger, programme or 1 prematch drink. It's not a price decision, it's an excuse not to go to a game.

I guess you have not heard of the recession then and 3 million unemployed by the end of the year, it is very easy to say it is only £22 when you have a job or your house is not under threat of being re-posessed
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:41:47 »

Thats fine everyone is entitled to their opinion and those who don't enjoy what they see won't come anymore etc etc.

Apologies but i thought you were lambasting the board for their pricing structure.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #92 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:42:51 »

Well I am happy with this.... Some obviously arent for the reasons already mentioned. Will stay in the Town End for the same price next season so in that respect I am happy. I know its only a tenner dearer or the prices going to almost 400 quid in June then our season ticket base will prob be 3-4K next year
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:43:17 »

I guess you have not heard of the recession then and 3 million unemployed by the end of the year, it is very easy to say it is only £22 when you have a job or your house is not under threat of being re-posessed

Yeah i know i'm lucky but if my house was under threat then i wouldn't be shelling out for footy whether it be £20 or £22.

Am i missing the point somewhere?
lambourn red

« Reply #94 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:43:46 »

it has, but watching football isnt a straightforward consumer transaction is it?  there is an emotional investment in it.

Frankly if it were down to the quality of football we'd have had no season ticket holders for about 10 years

I take your point for the die hards but most of the new ST holders that were attracted will be going back to picking and choosing games, there will always be the 3k die hard support.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:43:53 »

And I guess you've not cottoned on to the point I was making about it being a £2 difference. If someone is out of a job or in financial dire straits they wouldn't be spending the £20 either would they ?

sorry, missed Paolo's post

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:44:37 »

fair points paolo / neville
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:44:59 »

quite tempted by the 3 year season ticket.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:46:23 »

On the credit agreement I think this.

The actual cost of £30ish is reasonable.

But I'd be taking it out through fear of losing my job. If that happens and I can't pay I don't want that burden in addition to everything else. If I don't pay presumably the consequences are akin to defaulting on a loan.

What would have been nice is a 'pay a month in advance' Direct Debit scheme that you could cancel at any point. But I fully understand this is unworkable due to a) current ticketing system, b) the club want a guaranteed income. 

So I guess it's stick it on the credit card time. I think I have payment protection on that, though I'm trying to pay it off, not add to it Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:47:33 »

Just remembered I should get some cash coming in at the start of April than I completely forgot about.

Still think the deadline is a bit short notice though
lambourn red

« Reply #100 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:47:55 »

Yeah i know i'm lucky but if my house was under threat then i wouldn't be shelling out for footy whether it be £20 or £22.

Am i missing the point somewhere?

The point I am making is that in a recession when offering a leisure product putting up the prices is not a clever thing to do if you want to attract more punters.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:49:05 »

Fuck all that for shits and giggles.

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:50:33 »

And I guess you've not cottoned on to the point I was making about it being a £2 difference. If someone is out of a job or in financial dire straits they wouldn't be spending the £20 either would they ?
It's a tipping point though. 20 quid is too much really, but the further you go beyond that, the more people just say "fuck it".

Have to say I didn't really twig the renewal date cut-offs when I first saw it, and although I'll probably be OK to make that myself, I can well understand why many people won't. Last season they probably allowed too much latitude in terms of renewal dates, this season they've swung too far the other way. 30 quid difference or not, again, it's a tipping point and that end of April deadline is going to put a LOT of people off.

It's all very well (though not terribly sensible in terms of building a fanbase IMO) having high matchday prices if you're counting on getting most of your business through season tickets. But if you then put people off the ST route with deadlines many can't meet, you're squeezing folks at both ends.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #103 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:54:27 »

Where is the incentive for new ST holders also.

They can get the early bird season ticket prices if they pay by end of April. SO effectively get same benefits of current season ticket holders.

People really cant winge as they didnt go to the season ticket meeting i suppose.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, March 20, 2009, 14:54:40 »

The point I am making is that in a recession when offering a leisure product putting up the prices is not a clever thing to do if you want to attract more punters.

Fair point however i think the board are feeling the pinch as much as everyone else. Lets face it the prices have only "gone up" because they went down so much last season and we still couldn't meet what most of us thought to be a realistic target. I think the board know they'll lose a few season ticket holders regardless of the price (like your 5 mates) and have priced accordingly to these reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: