Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: F1 09/10 Thread  (Read 26491 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:03:09 »

Not long till the new season begins and I see this (translated page as can't get on at work):

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport&sl=es&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

What do you make of it?

I'm not sure I like it to be honest as you lose merit (due to stall/gearbox etc.) if you have to start at the back of the grid/pit lane and still manage to pick up points somehow?  Seems pointless (excuse the pun)

I think its a matter of time before they ruin F1.  Interesting to see how the Brawn GP team get on considering they were coming up with some impressive speeds/lap times during warm up...
« Last Edit: Friday, March 27, 2009, 16:51:15 by Luci » Logged
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:08:44 »

What a load of shit about the most wins -  a point is a point and they should all count.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:12:28 »

Agreed, it's shit.

Extreme example but I'd say the guy who finishes second for every race should be champion ahead of the guy who wins 4 races but DNFs the others.

They should have just gone with a bigger points gap between first and second, like the old days.

That said, in the last 20 years the person who has won the most races generally has been the WDC. Hamilton being an exception.
------
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:13:37 »

But he had consistency and fought for every place on the grd. I agree with going back to a 3/4 point advantage for winning - 2 isn't enough.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:13:51 »

I think most wins is better.

If you are a McLaren fan, and if it is true that the new car is shockingly slow, then this initiative is very favourable, as 2 wins are far easier to claw back than a 20 point deficit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:15:03 »

But he had consistency and fought for every place on the grd. I agree with going back to a 3/4 point advantage for winning - 2 isn't enough.

I'm agreeing with you, not disagreeing!

I think most wins is better.

If you are a McLaren fan, and if it is true that the new car is shockingly slow, then this initiative is very favourable, as 2 wins are far easier to claw back than a 20 point deficit.

Alternatively an early pace setter could have things sown up by race 9.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:15:53 »

Could go either way I think.

It will make races more exciting as drivers put more emphasis on the win, although it might also get a tad more dangerous. And yeah it could end up with drivers getting little through no fault of their own after an excellent drive.

I can't help to think that it is an attempt to stop such a thing as Hamilton winning again despite their best efforts to do so last season, I am guessing that Ferrari will be in favour of this. But then maybe that's just me being cynical.

Anyway, as soon as I think think of F1 now I can't help but to think of this:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:17:48 »

I nicked this from TDVDF, championships that would have changed hands under the new system

CHAMPIONS THAT WOULD HAVE CHANGED
1958: Actual champion: Mike Hawthorne
Most wins champion: Stirling Moss
1964: Actual champion: John Surtees
Most wins champion: Jim Clark
1967: Actual champion: Denny Hulme
Most wins champion: Jim Clark
1977: Actual champion: Niki Lauda
Most wins champion: Mario Andretti
1979: Actual champion: Jody Scheckter
Most wins champion: Alan Jones
1981: Actual champion: Nelson Piquet
Most wins champion: Alain Prost
1982: Actual champion: Keke Rosberg
Most wins champion: Didier Pironi
1983: Actual champion: Nelson Piquet
1984: Actual champion: Niki Lauda
1986: Actual champion: Alain Prost
Most wins champion: Nigel Mansell
1987: Actual champion: Nelson Piquet
Most wins champion: Nigel Mansell
1989: Actual champion: Ayrton Senna
2008: Actual champion: Lewis Hamilton
Most wins champion: Felipe Massa
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:32:28 »

2008: Actual champion: Lewis Hamilton
Most wins champion: Felipe Massa

Which strengthens my "They don't want Hamilton (Or any non-Ferrari) team to win" theory

I am not a huge fan of F1 but I do like it, and I fucking loved it when Hamilton won it besides their best attempts to fuck it up for him.

Fuck it, he (Hamilton) beat them at their own game last season and so he can do it this coming season. I.E. Winning the most races, that would really fucking piss the cunts off.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 17:41:46 »

I'm not so paranoid as to think that it's just to Hamilton up - they just want everyone going crazy for the win but i think it takes away credit for brilliant drives that gain you points, for example when you have a fault and hang on for a few points.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 18:08:07 »

I'm looking forward to see if Brawn GP are as far ahead as the pre-season testing is showing.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 18:14:07 »

I like the the most wins thing.

It means people will have more of a go rather than drive around happy to get the points for a place.

Hamilton wont win anything this year anyway will he,the Maclarens miles away from pace isnt it? Though I suppose its early days.

/
W56196272
cib

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 18:45:48 »

Which strengthens my "They don't want Hamilton (Or any non-Ferrari) team to win" theory

I am not a huge fan of F1 but I do like it, and I fucking loved it when Hamilton won it besides their best attempts to fuck it up for him.

Fuck it, he (Hamilton) beat them at their own game last season and so he can do it this coming season. I.E. Winning the most races, that would really fucking piss the cunts off.

But don't forget a certain Belgian race which Hamilton was stripped of victory by the FIA which would have reversed Massa winning under the new rules.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 20:07:56 »

I would not be surprised if McLaren aren't up the sharp end come Qualifying at Melborne. Recall the season when Hakkinen won his first title when McLaren destroyed the field in Melborne by lapping pretty much everybody; their pre-season testing pace was shockingly bad. Not saying history will repeat itself, but don't count your chickens......
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 22:49:52 »

Most wins = Our Nige would've had 3 world championships! Cheers Batch didn't realise that - for that reason alone I'm in favour.

Still think it's going to be a load of follow-my-leader again though.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: