Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bill Power court case  (Read 47620 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 13:57:27 »

I think Power has no choice but to go after the club because the Directors were acting on the Holding Co's behalf (as they are in charge).

We also still don't know the outcome. We all expect it to be in Power's favour because the old regime were such cowboys but who knows. But my personal opinion was Power was right all along.

If I'd loaned the club several hundred pounds and they said it was for a season ticket I'd be pretty miffed and want my money back and I love the football club! Dell's posted things to get a reaction though I suspect.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 13:58:35 »

Now if we could have a public flogging of said b'stard in the centre circle at every home game season ticket sales would rocket.

It would certainly be more entertaining than the Rockin' Robin Hakka
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 14:03:39 »

Nah I dont think Dell posted for reaction,some people just didnt believe in Power.

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 14:16:27 »

Then why has he said how do you feel now? It seems like 'an I told you so post'. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it seems like that.

I don't think it's fair to attack people for having a different view though, Deltaincline is a bit out of order with that post. Luckily I can look back at the posts about orange bedsheets making us lose and laugh at how stupid they were but at the time it was pathetic. To be fair to Dell Boy he has blamed the old regime on the most part.
deltaincline

« Reply #169 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 14:31:30 »

I don't think it's fair to attack people for having a different view though, Deltaincline is a bit out of order with that post. Luckily I can look back at the posts about orange bedsheets making us lose and laugh at how stupid they were but at the time it was pathetic. To be fair to Dell Boy he has blamed the old regime on the most part.

No problem with a difference of opinion. Dellboy and co just stirred the shit for no reason other than trying to win a dick waving contest at the clubs expense. 
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 15:27:18 »

No problem with a difference of opinion. Dellboy and co just stirred the shit for no reason other than trying to win a dick waving contest at the clubs expense. 

The same could be said of you,everyone just did and said what they thought was right.Its all ancient history now anyway so giving dell grief about it is pointless.(I dont think Dells post was "I told you so" and if it is hes being an idiot)

I do believe we were all so desperate for anyone but the Diamandis board we would probably have rejoiced if Satan himself showed interest in buying the club.I look back and wonder if maybe we should have asked a few more questions of Power? that said, I think most of us put our trust in the Trust.Id have jumped off a cliff if  Paul D said it was a good plan,he was great like a kind of STFC David Koresh  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:28:32 by yeovil blue » Logged

/
W56196272
deltaincline

« Reply #171 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 16:08:22 »

Maybe its just part of me to end up
The same could be said of you,everyone just did and said what they thought was right.Its all ancient history now anyway so giving dell grief about it is pointless.(I dont think Dells post was "I told you so" and if it is hes being an idiot)

I do believe we were all so desperate for anyone but the Diamandis board we would probably have rejoiced if Satan himself showed interest in buying the club.I look back and wonder if maybe we should have asked a few more questions of Power? that said, I think most of us put our trust in the Trust.Id have jumped off a cliff if  Paul D said it was a good plan,he was great like a kind of STFC David Koresh  Cheesy

I read it him giving it the big one as well, hence the compliment.

Agree with the comment about PD's Trust army. Despite all the shite, history will no doubt show that they got it right.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 16:40:32 »

Hears a thaught..why not telling the lawyers to fuk off,its going to cost thousands on both sides and Fitton inviting Power onto the board with them....i feel he would be open to debate,now i might be totally wrong but Power seemed a decent guy...and he dosnt really need the dosh,with his lucky escape in that plane crash he should be enjoying life....it wont happen though,as i said it was just a thaught.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 16:46:20 »

Slightly off topic  I've often wonder, deltaincline, whether secretly you're the author of the Devil's Kitchen blog.

http://devilskitchen.me.uk/2009/04/ukip-homophobic-shit-for-brains.html

Your use of cunt and fuck and general gratuitous swearing has about the same hit rate. Wink

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 16:48:59 »

Too late for that leefer. Anyway, We'd still owe the lawyers money, i'd imagine power would want his money back so he can invest elsewhere. Doubt he'd want a back seat. Just an opinion of course.         This isn't about whose side
Was right, this is about wills seemingly not paying what he said he would when fitton took over.

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:26:37 »

why is fitton bleating now?
surely he did his homework on power before taking over?
as owner and chairman of stfc, this was always on the cards.
has that cunt james wills been thrown off the board yet? i stated my disgust at his remaining here months ago.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:28:39 »

Your right Batch...but it wouldve been nice eh....our best bet is to pay up prompt when we get Coxys fee and keep the damage as low as pos....silly dragging it out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:57:04 »

why is fitton bleating now?
surely he did his homework on power before taking over?
In fairness arriba, surely that's why he insisted on the indemnity before taking the reins. He did his homework and ensured a safeguard was in place that would protect the club. The problem, if there is one, is in the sentence "The Advertiser understands that the Wills family have so far failed to come up with the cash". However, on further reflection since yesterday, this is perhaps somewhat disingenuous as any indemnity against the outcome of a legal case would presumably be dependent on final judgement being reached in that case. As it has not yet been reached, although it seems highly likely Bill and Phil will win, the indemnity would not yet have been triggered. So it may well be that this is little more than that Fitton et al have started to ask about the indemnity in the expectation of losing, the Wills have not been as forthcoming as they would like and Fitton is looking to fire a warning shot across the Wills' bows.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 18:00:23 »

So what could be the scenario time wise Pauld in your opinion...months or years?..surely cutting our losses would be our best option...maybe a prompt settlement in the close season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 18:09:51 »

I do believe we were all so desperate for anyone but the Diamandis board we would probably have rejoiced if Satan himself showed interest in buying the club.
You might have done yeovil but I can assure the Trust board were very wary indeed of the ABD (Anyone but Diamandis) factor. There was no way we were going to just go with the first possible alternative that came along - indeed we discouraged at least one approach made directly to us as we did not believe it would have been suitable for the club. But we talked extensively to Bill and Phil, knew their intentions and motives, discussed what we felt was the right way forward for the club and felt it was a good fit. And I think most people who had some experience of Bill's short time being involved at the club agreed.
I look back and wonder if maybe we should have asked a few more questions of Power?
I think we were extensively questioned - that's something that the likes of Dell and Maverick did very well and I think they performed a very useful function in doing so. Had there been weaknesses in what we were putting forward, it would have been quickly exposed so despite delta's antagonism I'm pleased they and their like grilled us the way they did - it strengthened not weakened our case.
Id have jumped off a cliff if  Paul D said it was a good plan
I wish you'd told me that at the time. Is it too late to ask you to go jump off a cliff now? Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: