Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Personal car leasing  (Read 6897 times)
Lumps

« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:25:37 »

But by the time I've paid the loan off, the car isn't worth as much anyway. For the same price a month I'd need a 5 year loan.

If you're not fussy about what new car you drive it's worth shopping around for manufacturers own finance deals. Citreon are offering a number of models with 3 year 0% APR, no deposit deals at the moment, and Vauxhall and Peugot have had a few deals like that as well.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:35:41 »

I'd like to hear lings thoughts on:

-The reason we conced so  many late goals
-Her favorite cheese
-Spacey v Talk talk - gate
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:36:26 »

It's your choice, but I just see it as dead money.

In a way it is. I understand that, but having a loan and older car is the downside. But on the plus side, the car is yours.

Like with leasing, its a brand new upto date car, you have no worries with tax etc, but the car isn't yours.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LINGsCARS

« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:38:11 »

Samdy, buying a car IS dead money!!!!

That's why it is better not to take a loan or borrowing and just rent it and pay monthly.

A house is different because it appreciates (usually). Some other cars are different because they simply don't work out on lease. But, in the case of the cars I choose to promote (like these Honda Civics - everyone should be very pleased that Honda is making big efforts to move cars) these are so much cheaper than buying.

Of course you have to make sensible choice. Not everyone wants a new car. But the Civic type S is the same cost as buying LESS than 3 big macs each day (with no fries). This is a no-brainer. A brand new car for just over the price of a pack of fags a day.

It is so hard to argue with this.

Lumps, but if you are in Swindon, why not support your local factory, especially as the Civic is a good car!!!!

Over the past 90 days (3 mths) I have done 50 Civics and 23 Type R Civics. I do my best to promote cars made in the UK. If only more people made this effort, maybe the factory would be running!

Colin, of course I read your forum. But I don't know much about Swindon Town... should I? Chinese do not eat cheese, it is from the ass of a cow. What is scandal with Spacey? Dunno about that. Smiley

- Ling
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:38:26 »

As cars depreciate rapidly, then it can work out fairly similar to buying a car on finance and then selling it 2 years later to fund the next one.  Cars are liabilities anyway.  Not sure I;d get anew car on leasing, go for nearly new.  The again, I wouldn't buy a new car either.  I quite like the idea of giving the car back to be honest.  They do nothing but suck money from your bank the longer you have them and I can't afford to keep replacing them.
spacey

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:47:27 »

Chinese do not eat cheese

Why not?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:48:14 »

evidently it comes from a cows arse Spacey
spacey

« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:50:16 »

Well I watched Big Cook, Little Cook on Cbeebies the other day and there was no mention of a cow's arse when they went to a cheese factory.
LINGsCARS

« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:56:10 »

In my sales mode Smiley I will suggest:

Getting a brand new car every 2 or 3 years means... everything is new (tyres, brakes etc). This is obvious, but is overlooked, it means that running costs are virtually nil apart from fuel and insurance for the first year, then you need a very small service (not needed to use franchise dealer usually).

Then you have full warranty for any repairs.

Then you have the safety argument. If you have wife or kids and they have a car crash, latest model is always best. Plus will have anit-skid to avoid some crashed. This stuff is really important. When it happens it can change tragedy into injury. Important if it is your human relations.

Then, you have free road tax for the contract.

Then you have the ability to budget for the 2 or 3 years and know exactly to almost the last penny what the car will cost you. This means you can use the rest of your money more effectively.

On some cars, the silly costs of the lease outweighs the benefits, BUT when you can get this Type S Civic for £195 (inc VAT) a month, it is a no-brainer.

Some people will always think they can buy and sell cars and make money, and spend all that time in Autotrader and dealers bargaining. Trouble is, if I know this is the absolute base cost, unless you can be so good to be able to move £35m of cars yourself, it is very hard to convince me you know better. If you do know better, you should really do this for a living. Smiley

Patently cheese even tastes like it comes from a cows ass. The best you get in China is that happy cow stuff.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 10:59:19 »

Since Borthwicks closed down I have never seen a sad cow

FACT
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 11:01:23 »

Ling, can you recommend a good chinese takeaway in swindon?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LINGsCARS

« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 11:02:27 »

Does anyone on here work at Honda?
LINGsCARS

« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 11:04:00 »

Ling, can you recommend a good chinese takeaway in swindon?

No.

I imagine there are some nice bloody Japanese restaurants as the Honda management will be floating around. Japanese food is nice, but Japanese people ... hmmm.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 11:04:16 »

Ling,

How have you got the business to such a level so soon after leaving Leyton orient ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 11:05:04 »

Does anyone on here work at Honda?

Not at the moment
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: