Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheese  (Read 9896 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 00:20:37 »

I dunno. I'm always a bit weary of cheese with lumps of stuff in. I mean if I want some chilli with my cheese then I can cut up my own. Same goes for cranberries and chives.

Not that I'm claiming it isn't as ace as you say, and I guess the chilliness infuses a bit with the rest of the cheese. I'll give it a try if the opportunity arises.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 00:22:54 »

what is swedish? where is swedeland?

norwaaaaaaaaaaay
spacey

« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 00:26:33 »

Chris Moyles! The ripping off talentless twat. I shall be contacting my crack team of dairy lawyers in the morning!
nochee

« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 00:29:42 »

I dunno. I'm always a bit weary of cheese with lumps of stuff in. I mean if I want some chilli with my cheese then I can cut up my own. Same goes for cranberries and chives.

Not that I'm claiming it isn't as ace as you say, and I guess the chilliness infuses a bit with the rest of the cheese. I'll give it a try if the opportunity arises.

Cut up your own chilli and then add it with your cheese?Huh? Are you mad?Huh?

Why get a dog and bark yourself springs to mind. Surely, we as consumers today dont want to do our own cutting and chopping, we buy everything ready made. A bit like beans and sausage in a tin. A classic idea as they are just as tasty cold, no need to waste energy heating them up. Stoners paradise Smiley
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 00:30:46 »

At the moment in the fridge - Chaumes, Gruyere, and Davidstow Cheddar. Might just go and get some now ! :eatkf:
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 00:33:12 »

I may be a little bit mad. I've had some classic experiences with the chilli cutting, as I'm sure most of us have. There's a classic thread about it somewhere.
flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 00:38:47 »

The continual strive for perfection in the artful realm of cheese making really is one of the things which make humanity great. It's something we do above our basic survival needs. To me it's on a par with space travel.

flammableBen

« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 01:05:57 »

Noo. people have stopped posting stuff.

Let's restart this thread with a discussion of cheese in legend, literature and on screen.

It's interesting to note that Paddington Bear ate marmalade sandwiches and not cheese. I propose that this is why he's been 100% outclassed by the more recent works of Wallace and Grommit.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 08:31:00 »

There's a balsamic onion cheese in M&S. Its proper lush. I nearly ate a whole pack before I gave up dairy. It was like a final goodbye...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 08:39:11 »

On the Swindon edition of Come Dine With Me, the bloke made cheese at home somehow... anyone ever made their own cheese?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 08:40:55 »

That was vile. Milk and a bit of lemon juice, so it curdles....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 09:39:22 »

What radio 1 show? Spacey's been asking STFC related people their cheesey preference for ages. I've got a vague yet bizarre memory of asking a confused Bill Power on Phil Emmel's(?) phone at a trust meeting.

You certainly did. I think it was Stilton.

Which leads to my point. Stilton and Brie are my favourites - depending on the mood and occasion.  That's proper Stilton and proper Brie, none of the white Stilton or blue brie rubbish.
nochee

« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 09:59:38 »

I think its Sainsburys that do Pork and Stilton sausages, now there is a real treat!!!
spacey

« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 10:12:52 »

Did Ed Hadwin ever ask Danny Wilson what his favourite cheese was? He didn't in the first interview thing did he?

Ed is one of my close showbiz pals. We quite often like to get together for a chat over a glass of Lambrini. Ed told me that he didn't actually ask Danny what his favourite cheese was, but asked him if he minded being asked what his favourite cheese was. The question was put to him before the show and Danny said he had no problem with it. Ed's exact words were "He was well up for it!" Obviously the thought of Danny Wilson going " Bring it on! I'll answer owt." made me laugh. Unfortunately due to time constraints the question was not asked on air.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, March 6, 2009, 11:12:00 »

Mature chedder cheese and marmite sarnies are a delight.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: