Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Tranmere Vs. Swindon Town M.D.T  (Read 24793 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:38:40 »

One thing that is clear to me is that its not just a managment issue anymore. Dont get me wrong i did not expect anything today but the truth is that we do not have players good enough for anything more than a bottom half finish malpas,byrne and wilson have found this out but good away points have conned a few into thinking we are better than we are. Ffs if we are relying on peacock to change the game we are fucked.

Spot on!  It's a godsend that we have 16 out of contract at the end of the season.  A mass clear out is needed.  The club has cleared out and started again with new owners, now it's time that the same happens with the playing staff.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:41:05 »

Well i had the curry and lager and i am now sat with the Laptop on my lap with a glass of ten year tawny on the coffee table. Crazy Eyes

Reached the ground just gone 1pm....
Enjoyed the Mersey Clipper and i am happy to report that we took £14 out the 'Who wants to be a Millionare' on a £2 stake.........two month gestation period for a Kangaroo......get in.
£2-99 for a steak pie and chippers (which was good as well).
2-50 ish....over the road to the away end....great view ala Millwall and for £14-50....everything was going well.
The match....another matter.
Tranmere pissed all over us for the first 15-20 minutes and then we got into the game and started to make a fist of it.....Bas Savage got injured and i enjoyed asking him for a Moonwalk when he limped by me..that was it as far as the first half panned out...poor.
Second half was more eventful.
Tranmere scored after some sloppy defending and that was that.....they never really threatened again.
The key moment was the sending off........there was no need as Cox could of stayed on his feet and scored..the ref had little choice after he gave the foul, Cox was 'knocked' but not enough to send him sprawling.
The free kick summed up our display for the rest of the match....showed promise but failed to deliver.
We have now got Brez playing in reasonable form in the sticks.
The defence look better altough Ifil looked dodgy at times (somebody please tell him he cannot make 40 yard cross field passes please).
Looked lively up front with Billy playing well and holding the ball up well, Cox as ever was a threat and his pace and touch was alling problems.
Peacks for Paynter was a baffling mistake.....Paynter unlucky as his shot some how didnt go in.
Peaks huffed and puffed when he came on and won some good headers but ruined it all right at the death with the stupid dive (even if his shirt was tugged slightly).
Midfield...where do i start.....fucking shite.
Kanyuka poor....went missing first half and replaced by 'wading through treacle' pace Nalis who tried but his legs and feet dont do what his brain tells them....a waste.
Amankwaah....played well and Tranmere didnt like him...he won headers and his short burst of pace did cause problems, replaced (wrongly IMO) by our 'luxtury' player Macnamee who ran up his own ass again.............at this level of football...beat the player and cross...thankyou. The wrong type of player for a scrap!!
Robson Kayak Canoooooo, Played ok but at one point he played a poor cross and his head went down and never came up again could of been replaced by Peacks and left Paynter on IMO.
Timlin - playing on his heels rather than his toes....getting a bit tired of his brilliant pass, two shit giveaways form.
IMO when they went to ten - Nalis and Timlin should of been screaming for the ball and controlling the play....it just didnt happen...we lost patience gave the ball away and lost the game.
In short our midfield are reactive and not proactive.

Finished my day by having another row with a steward...luckily my mate Chilly dug me in the ribs enough for me to back down and get out!

Followed all the way down the M6 and M5 by someone flashing me....

Big Cull in the Summer. Guns

In the meantime..........fail to beat Cheltnumb on Tuesday and we are royally fucked!!!   Game Over!   Bye

PS - The referee was outstanding........didnt get alot wrong. Cheesy

Clems Army!
santasdead

« Reply #227 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:59:00 »

Flash summed it up quite well,cant disagree with anything, although mcnamees crosses are the best we had out there today, it was in my oppinion the only way i could see us getting a goal,because we were looking to cross all the time but the crosses were not there most of the time,the only ones which gave some hope were off mcnamee, but i can see why people dislike his style of play.

the ref did his job at the end of the day but im still undecided wether we should have had a pen - he booked who he had to.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 00:03:54 »

Flash summed it up quite well,cant disagree with anything, although mcnamees crosses are the best we had out there today, it was in my oppinion the only way i could see us getting a goal,because we were looking to cross all the time but the crosses were not there most of the time,the only ones which gave some hope were off mcnamee, but i can see why people dislike his style of play.

the ref did his job at the end of the day but im still undecided wether we should have had a pen - he booked who he had to.

Macs not a bad player but not for the scrap we are in...IMO

Clems Army!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 00:08:21 »

My biggest plus today was it only cost me a fiver to get in Smiley Fair play Tranny!

Shame about the match.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 00:22:40 »

i agree drs to a point.but it is now blatantly obvious how good sturrock and his coaches were at polishing turds
Turds he brought in and then left us with. Presumably then, given his current struggles at Plymouth, when he doesn't have turds he's knackered
Spencer_White

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 00:31:55 »

Keep up, Trigger.

Thanks for that, cunt.

I know what you meant.

Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 10:20:51 by Spencer_White » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 07:52:21 »

Sturrock bought in players who could play his system the problem is they could only play his system and thats left us with players who cant adapt to new systems.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 08:07:28 »

Didn't bother posting when I got back last night because:

A- I was knackered.
B- My sense of perspective would've been clouded by the fact that I'd driven 500+ miles to watch a gutless team stroll around the pitch for 90 minutes, trying to play the ball into the net when what was needed was a bit of fucking urgency and bite.

Robson Kan't. Simple as that. He's got ability but he lacks any interest. He's not playing for us and gives the impression he doesn't give a fuck.

Peacock - Why? BP was a real threat yesterday, but was subbed for the goal machine that is Lee Peacock when we were chasing the game. Baffling.

Back four, for me, didn't look as composed as they have in recent weeks. Greer is quality and performed well, but the other three..... Ifil was shakey and Vincent/Smith allowed the opposition to run at them, without putting in a tackle, too many times.

Timlin and Kanuyka were pretty anonymous, can't remember much they did wrong, can't remember anyting they did tbh.

Amankwah looked ok, was nowhere near the worst on the pitch. Macca came on and looked threatening for all of 10 minutes.

Cox- Hardest working player by a mile, but became frustrated and started his antics. From where I was, the sending off looked very harsh.

Brez- Doesn't look anywhere near the player he was a couple of seasons ago. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

All in all we could have won. We had some good chances and Tranmere were there for the taking.

The difference was their team played as a team, played with a bit of bite, played with determination.

Our team didn't. I wasn't really expecting a result up there, but I was expecting a performance that would give me confidence for Tuesday.

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #234 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 08:23:31 »

Morning steven. How do
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 08:41:52 »

Morning Dean.

Pissed off, skint, knackered.

Apart from that, I'm ok. How are you?

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #236 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 08:50:05 »

Pissed off knackered and skint also. You thought anymore about selling heroin
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 08:53:38 »

I think there's a gap in the market down here

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 10:07:28 »

Big Cull in the Summer. Guns

In the meantime..........fail to beat Cheltnumb on Tuesday and we are royally fucked!!!   Game Over!   Bye

Unfortunately the fact that most of our players know they'll most likely be on their way works against us....they're now mostly serving notice, and going through the motions.

In fact, for some a drop down a league and a subsequent budget cut might be the best hope they have of a new contract...as there will be no agents fees etc.

Of course we're not alone in this, and the Numb should have some demotivated players on Tues
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #239 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 10:15:44 »

Agree partly reg but realistically only 3 or 4 regulars are out of contract and they are the 1s who have a chance of a new contract. The problem is the fringe players who have no incentive to push the 1st team which shows when we have a poor bench.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: