Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Tranmere Vs. Swindon Town M.D.T  (Read 24742 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 21:03:20 »

Now that I've eaten and had a moment to reflect on the performance, overall we created enough chances to win. We got undone by one sloppy shot that should've been saved - the only shot on target that Tranmere had I believe.

The back four weren't troubled too much and actually looked pretty good. The problems were further up the pitch.

Robson-Kanu just seems to be playing for himself. He's all skill and flair but no end product. It looked like he'd been told to not shoot (which is good) but his passing and crossing was woeful. Everything was either under or over hit.

Centre mid looked weak. Timlin wasn't as good as he has been in previous games and Kanyuka was missing in the first half. Don't remember him taking a knock so don't know if the sub for Nalis was tactical. He was crap when he came on, too slow and couldn't pass.

Amankwaah was steady if unspectacular and Macca didn't really do much when he came on. Paynter was having a very good game, got two or three good shots away and didn't understand why he got subbed. He definitely looked most likely to score out of anyone.

Cox has turned into a petulant little wanker again. Dived a couple of times and one of them he really should've been booked for. I think he dived when their defender got sent off, but I don't think he needed to go down. He could've easily taken another few paces and then scored. I think he thought he was in the box and would therefore get their bloke sent off and more than likely score.

Peacock really is a bit of a carthorse. He did fuck all and got booked for an obvious dive when he could easily have collected the ball and crossed it.

The best moments of the day were in the car. First off some BMW pulls up alongside us doing about 80mph and the bloke starts waving at Steve telling him to slow down.  We're all thinking "What the fuck?" and Steve's about to flip him the finger when this car flicks the blues and twos on - it was a copper. Luckily he just made us slow down and then carried on. A shortwhile later we saw him in the hard shoulder having pulled someone over - they'd obviously flipped him the bird Smiley

And on the way back we flashed (no not like that, with the headlights) THE FLASH all the way down the M6 and M5.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 21:05:59 »

This is a post from a regular Tranmere fan on another forum.

Gutsy win by us against a Swindon side that look like they're going in the right direction under the new boss. They were lively, good on the break and bossed the first half and how Cox didn't score and hit Chorley's arse from three yards is beyond me.

Second half we wrestled control for the first twenty or so minutes and scored a very good goal. Then Cox broke clear and Goodison tackled him, seemed to get a bit of the ball but took Cox down as well and it was a sending off. Swindon were bright but didn't really threaten our ten men apart from an overhead kick which struck the post and landed in Achto's hands.

We did well to win it. Swindon will climb the table if they keep that up though

Maybe a bit of perspective from a non Swindon town fan!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 21:20:13 »

Well well well where to start.

As Samdy said, the copper on the way to the match was funny as fuck with his wanky hand motion! ACE!

The game itself was pretty dire. We had 3 or 4 clear cut chances but just failed to have a finishing product.

Robson-Kanu was a waste of space, absolute rubbish. Never thought I would said it but bring back JP. Atleast he seems to care. Had a go at Brezovan once for kicking the ball to him, Robnsn-Kanu wasn't even watching the game. To Robson-Kanu's credit he didnt try to score once so DW must have said, "try to shoot again, ill cut your feet off"

Cox was doing his best impression of Christiano Ronaldo quite a bit and DW's taking Billy Paynter off for Lee Peacock had me bemused. Peacock as great a bloke he is, offers NOTHING to the side now, his silly diving at the end and getting carded wasted our final chance of the game. Paynter did nothing to come off.

It seems to me as if no one really gives a shit apart from our back 4 and Simon Cox, The rest lack passion and desire. No bottle for the battle you could say. I hope most of them fuck off in the Summer. So yes I am questioning their lack of commitment.

I hope Danny Wilson gets rid of most of these "players", Most of them are not fit to wear the shirt and as harsh as that may sound,. to me it's fact. WHERE IS THE PASSION? DESIRE? I suppose most of who is playing have contracts for next season. People like Pook & Sturrock are no where near the first team now and Easton doesn't get a look.

It's time for the men to be seperated from the boys. Something has to change soon. Our midfield is completely useless for the most part.

Cheltenham is absolutely massive for us now.
Spencer_White

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 21:39:15 »

well done you lads who travelled. That is a hard one to get up for Tranmere. I went up on bank holliday monday once in a transit van. Sat in the pitch black for 6 hours on the way home, no one was drinking on the way home because it was monday. Took 6 hours to get back. Still regret that I didnt just get pissed.

With the greatest respect, DW has to realise that Lee Peacock is not the player he was. Lets have him as a coach in the summer, because if Wilson doesnt want him as a midfielder then he is finnished.

I agree 100% about Robson Kanu. But McGovern has to work his way back in to the team. He isnt injured and he hasnt been playing for the reserves. His problem is attitude and workrate.

Just hope fans back the team. But if someone isnt putting in the effort let them know.

In 100 years of league football we have been 4th tier just 5 seasons. If we get relegated you players are in the bottom 5% of the worst teams weve ever had. You (the players) are responsible for our clubs future. Are you men or not? Can you handle it?

And dont give me any bollocks about the standard of the league being improved because it was a lot better 13 years ago when we won it with a record points total.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #214 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 22:06:13 »

Mcgovern has a ankle injury now
deltaincline

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 22:32:22 »

Can't be fucked to read the whole thread but here's what I think;

We've been shit at the back nearly all season but we knew how to score goals. Even cunting Malpas had us scoring FFS! Now we've stopped shipping goals at the back but we cant fucking score anymore.

The problems at the back were a lack of confidence with both our keepers, Ifil was off his game, Vincent was absent and Aljofshit was playing the big-shot. Now that's all sorted, we've been as tight as a goat.

The midfield changes have helped stop us shipping goals but have stifled creativity.

Paynter isn't going to get 20 goals a season. Nor is Peacock.

Willow needs to bring back Easton - at least at home - and possibly JPM as well. It's no coincidence that the goals have dried up since the changes in the middle took place.

He also needs an out and out striker. A big fucker who puts himself about and will launch himself at every fucking crossed ball and half chance. That was out of the question when Malpas was here coz the dim cunt knew no one in the english game who'd help him out with a decent loan.

Willow, on the other hand, clearly has contacts and the board or the RAF fund will presumably back him. I hope the fuckers on the phone to Fergie or Arsene as we speak. Roll on Tuesday.

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 22:37:55 »

we're still conceeding goals as we are losing games delta.we were 2 down last saturday against 11 and have lost 2 games this week.we're shit all over the park
Spencer_White

« Reply #217 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 22:38:10 »

Willow?

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 22:40:30 »

maybe willow who was also an ewok, could get his mate out of star wars chewbacca in as a big lump forward to connect with crosses and long balls.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #219 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:00:30 »

Easton has been consistenyl shit all season and is nowhere like the player he was last season. The simple truth is that whatever combination of players we've put in the midfiled have been shit. There's been a couple of purple patches most notably with Pook / Peacock but it didn't last long. I remember tooling myself off that they could be the combo but not for long.
Easton is not the answer any more than Pook is.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:15:43 »

I've seen Kanu 3 times now and how anyone thinks he's a better option than McNamee,home or away,is completely beyond me.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:17:15 »

if he doesn't play though how will we know?he was our best midfielder last year.all the others are getting chances.easton can score and deserves a chance to re-find his form.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:25:53 »

One thing that is clear to me is that its not just a managment issue anymore. Dont get me wrong i did not expect anything today but the truth is that we do not have players good enough for anything more than a bottom half finish malpas,byrne and wilson have found this out but good away points have conned a few into thinking we are better than we are. Ffs if we are relying on peacock to change the game we are fucked.
deltaincline

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:35:13 »

Willow?

Keep up, Trigger.

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:35:52 »

i agree drs to a point.but it is now blatantly obvious how good sturrock and his coaches were at polishing turds
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: