Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Hartlepool Matchday Thread  (Read 33227 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 10:23:48 »

Beeb says it was Andy Hall reffing, is that the shortish ginger chap? He's usually alright.

Look him up on Google!!

Then post again!

Clems Army!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 11:30:03 »

Spencer White made a very good point (mostly likely in this thread, can't be bothered to look it up) about Robson-Kanu. Fuck me, was he woeful. Great first touch but his final ball is shocking.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 12:11:04 »

Just managed to get back online...

How fucking deflated did i feel last night as i avoided the bloke with the camera and cut across the magic roundabout. Crying

I was amazed how many people blamed the ref for the defeat.  He was shit and didnt give us a bean but we had more than enough chances to win...Coxys header wide was woeful.

Hartlepool had a game plan called project Stiffle and they snuffed us out and didnt really look to create anything themselves...they waited for a break and unfortunatly for us the Ref gave it to them.

Why didnt the Town players take heed of a ref who had a whistle glued to his teeth waiting to give free kicks? DONT FUCKING LUNGE IN TO TAKLES AROUND THE BOX!!!! Angry

Pools recognised what was happening and just got into areas and waited for the 'foul' and went to ground.

I was in the Townend and the pen did not look a pen....Town players didnt expect it and Pools players never appealed for it.....i will need to see it again to be sure but it seemed the ref waded through the players and pointed to the spot?

Timlin was brought down moments later on the edge and was waved away.....to me that was a freekick.

McNamee has to beat players and then cross it not beat them three times and then give away poccession......another Ricky Shakes without the physical prescence im afraid and a luxtury player that we can do without in a scrap. Doh

It boils down to this:  Hartlepool didnt deserve to win that game anymore than we did.....we have to beat these 'lowly' teams to have any chance of avoiding the trapdoor - drawing at Leicester will not save us!

Cheltenham next week has turned into our biggest game of the season so far..............

If we can get anything at Tranmere i will be happy.

Ho yeah...........had a big ding dong barny with er indoors when i got back......icing on a very shit cake!!

Clems Army!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 12:51:24 »

A few people have commented that a high foot can in some cases result in a direct free kick / penalty which I'm guessing is where it was extremely dangerous, reckless, made contact with the player, viewed as kicking etc.

If that was the case last night and the reason the ref gave it, didn't he then contradict the decision by not at least booking Ifil as all of those offences are at least a yellow card.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 13:20:54 »

That decision was just baffling but almost expected given the amount of stupid free kicks he gave to Hartlepool. I know we weren't great, but how are you supposed to play when you're constantly being pulled back for free kicks?

I was quite nervous about last night for the very reason that Hartlepool have been struggling recently and it's the type of game we generally lose. Why can we perform against the top, yet not the bottom?? Promising that we still did show signs that when we get forward we can play but I thought we were far too lethargic far too often. Defence was solid though, and would have had a deserved clean sheet were it not for a terrible decision.

You win some, you lose some. We can play better than that and, hopefully, we can for the rest of the season.

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 13:30:58 »

looks like i missed a load of shit then.i saw worrying signs on saturday that all was not good in all honesty.why the fuck cant easton get a chance?why cant jpm get a game? big lumps like kanyuka can do shut out jobs away, but at home that aint good enough.its all well and good grinding out draws and maybe nicking a narrow win on the road.but with the players he's using at the moment in midfield we are in deep shit.
last night was the perfect opportunity to take the game to hartlepool and they blew it.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 13:35:52 »

last night was the perfect opportunity to take the game to hartlepool and they blew it.

I think that's what has annoyed me the most about last night.  We should have had a go at them last night, drawn them into the relegation battle, but instead we've given them a bunk up towards safety.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 13:45:03 »

we certainly didnt attack enough, after Saturday I wanted to see Kanu and McNamee both start but in hindsight they were both shite last night.

Amankwaah was our most creative player and biggest threat. I dont know if thats because he played well or because everyone else was rubbish. Taking him off was a huge mistake. He must have got in behind the Hartlepool back line at least 5 or 6 times. Compared with Kanu once and McNamee never.

I know alot of people dont like him but would McGovern been any worse out there last night?

Can we still bring in loans? If so I'd like to see a couple of wingers and maybe a central midfielder bought in. No time to give others chances. We need points now.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 13:46:28 »

Swindon                    Monkeyhangers
               Possession
46%                                54%
            Shots on target
 1                                     3
            Shots off target
 8                                     5
                 Corners
 4                                     3
                  Fouls
17                                    7

Were we that fucking dirtier than them - no I don't think so - mugged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 13:54:48 »

quote author=DV link=topic=33110.msg665661#msg665661 date=1235569503]
I know alot of people dont like him but would McGovern been any worse out there last night?
[/quote]

No worse than Kanu. Whilst JPM has his faults he can at least at times cross a ball, pass  and shoot - rather than hold on to the ball and delicately chip row F of the stratton bank or threaten the Town End mobile coffee cart.
Div

« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 13:57:46 »

A few people have commented that a high foot can in some cases result in a direct free kick / penalty which I'm guessing is where it was extremely dangerous, reckless, made contact with the player, viewed as kicking etc.

If that was the case last night and the reason the ref gave it, didn't he then contradict the decision by not at least booking Ifil as all of those offences are at least a yellow card.

Wheeeeeey! you've read the rules correctly this time! (apart from the extremely dangerous, there is no such thing, other than serious foul play in which it'll be a red, which high foot clearly isn't).

and for all those who give a damn http://www.refworld.com/referee/139/0.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 14:01:13 »

Swindon                    Monkeyhangers
               Possession
46%                                54% 
            Shots off target
 9                                     8
                 Corners
 4                                     3

Those stats are depressing, having less possession and only just shading the total shots/corners is a disgrace against that shower.  We really are worse than I'd given "credit" for.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 14:18:26 »

What skills do you think you need to become a referee?

Management Technique – Awareness – Understanding of the Game

1 out of three ain't bad i spose.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 14:19:03 »

quote author=DV link=topic=33110.msg665661#msg665661 date=1235569503]

No worse than Kanu. Whilst JPM has his faults he can at least at times cross a ball, pass  and shoot - rather than hold on to the ball and delicately chip row F of the stratton bank or threaten the Town End mobile coffee cart.

Thats sooo funny!! and sadly so true - he was abysmal last night

I thought out bench was so poor last night too - it gave no real decent options except perhaps Macnamee - I would like to see Razak on the bench
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 14:27:37 »

On the JPM note he's not even in the reserve team today.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: