Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Hartlepool Matchday Thread  (Read 33233 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 22:58:37 »

I DONT SEE THE RULE WHERE IT SAYS YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO KICK THE FUCKING BALL.

I'll calm down eventually
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:00:33 »

It would be stupid to press the panic button just yet, when things are still very much in our own hands.  But we've been cocking around at the foot of the table for far too long now.  Commendable away draws are only any good if we're averaging a minimum of 2 points per game at home.

I am worried.  We need a run of results (and not just an unbeaten run, but a run that includes a win at least every other game), and soon.  If we do stay up this year, I have a feeling it's going to be close.  The thought that Rovers might send us down makes me feel nauseous...so I sincerely hope we have survival wrapped up by then.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:03:05 »

Well Ardiles, we have a very tricky game Saturday, followed by our bogey team Cheltenham, followed by Franchise.

Not panicking, but times are tough and like you Rovers and Posh in our last 2 make me nervous.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:04:46 »

Not panicking, but times are tough and like you Rovers and Posh in our last 2 make me nervous.
Can we get Invincibile back on loan for the Posh game?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:11:12 »

We have a "no excuses" run coming up. Disregard form, stats, history. After Leeds we have a run where we play Southend, Hereford, Northampton, Yeovil, Crewe, Brighton, Orient, Carlisle and Bristol Rovers. Can't get through that then we can have no complaints (except - why and how did we let this happen!?!)

If players want new contracts and Simon Cox wants a big move then they better get it sorted! I hate seasons like this.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:14:11 »

We were giving away stupid freekicks all night long.

Nothing gets my goat quite like watching as a Town player foul an opposition attacker who is chasing a ball back towards his own goal.
Spencer_White

« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:15:32 »

We do seem to have serious problems with home games. The crowd are not motivated and this reflects back on the players. Obviously there is no excuse for lazy play, but it is difficult to actually force our players to work hard if they dont want to.

Some were saying it was a strange decision to take Amankwaah off? He was very good for the first half, but for some reason on about 30 minutes he simply stopped playing, he became a complete passenger, not moving at all. He should have come off at HT. McNamee comes on, but he cant be bothered if he doesnt have the ball either.

I fell sorry for Wilson. He takes Paynter off because he knows that Peacock will give 100% and Paynter wont. But Paynter has to stay on because he does have that goal hangers knack.

Robson Kanu drives me mad. Hes got sublime control and touch. But how many passes did he complete tonight? How many decent crosses? How many shots on target? Yes he can trap a ball from 60 yards up in the air, but can he do anything USEFUL with it? NO!

Cox was the only player who didnt let his standards drop.

Brief word about the ref. He ruined the game with incessant whistles for nothing contact (I wouldnt even call some of them challenges or tackles) all night. Hate to say it but we should have taken a tumble in the box ourselves. It is so sad that we have refs like this who have been encouraged to blow up for every minor infringement. It was reffed like a spanish game, and as such it had the same tempo (with a lot less skill). Basically an awful game. I would rather have flushed a £20 note down the toilet than watch that again.

Football can leave you on the ceiling and it can leave you on the floor. Obviously I am gutted that a relegation rival has been handed 3 precious points. But Im depressed about the standard as well.

Shocked and depressed.

And stop wearing shitty 3rd kits! Your colours are white and blue Hartlepool!!!!!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:17:06 by Spencer_White » Logged
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:20:03 »

That hacked me off, we were gutless, as were they, and then the ref kicked us whilst we were down.

We were good for a point but I'd hoped and been led to believe for so much more.

I'm not going on Saturday, I hope the passion gets back into the players and they come out fighting on Tuesday, I'm not sure I would deal very well with losing to Cheltenham. Again.
Dozno9

« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:23:56 »

I think we are down, I have not seen anything this season to suggest we can stay up. Teams around us are picking up good points and winning 1 in 3, we get the odd point here and there.

The squad is full of shite from top to bottom. You can change the odd player here and there but all you are doing is shoveling shit from one pile to another. Too many players play well 1 in 6 games and they are not good enough to have that consistancy required.

JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:24:22 »

it,s a funny old game
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:27:43 »

highlights on SSN after the break if anyone wants a second look
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:28:24 »

Thanks for that, I'll watch it.
santasdead

« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:30:59 »

i take it we were pretty rubbish in terms of alot of things today then?

Where has the belief that the players must have had on saturday gone,in 72 the belief just cant go for no reason!

i think coxy is trying hard in everygame because well he wnats to play in the championship and if a team is playing crap and he is playing his arse off he's going to be noticed,regardless of how prolific he is infront of goal.

i cant see why people are having fits though about the form being crap because of one game! its one game for christs sake, i wasnt there but all i want to say is weve lost 1 in 6, and 4 of those were against top 6 opposition!

Im usually a pessimist but people lets stay optimistic, at least until the last day of the season! and then we canbe either one of two things..optimistic we'll win league 2,or pessimistic that next season is probably going to be another like this.

also - that heavy workload is coming now with sat/tues games, i wouldnt be surprised if some of the players are nakerd already...

PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:31:18 »

I can only agree with what has already been said.

On the brightside (There is one, honest!), I thought Amankwaah was very good, and some of our build up play was okay in the first half. The one thing that I hate though is that not one of our centre mids ever look for the ball......Their movement is non-existent! Thus why we keep cuntin hoofin the ball!

And please can we do away with the full time text messages BBC Swindon recieve......Some of our supporters are right fuckin mongs! Some of the texts read out are cringe worthy to say the least......

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 23:31:34 »

Oh and the ref's a wanker..........

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: