Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Millwall Matchday Thread.  (Read 26648 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 08:16:12 »

I know a lot of people have predicted a defeat, but I really think we can win this.

Millwall haven't been playing particularly well recently and are not the most attack minded, even at home.

Play like we did at the crispbowl and we will come away with 3 points.

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 08:47:24 »

If any of you want to recapture the football feeling you used to get as a child or a teenager, I would suggest that you simply cut the number of games you go to each season to low single figures.

For me, today is match #2 this season (the first being Leeds at home in September).  I leapt of bed this morning.  The last thing I said to my 8 month old son before I left the house was 'You reds!'  My Swindon scarf and coffee mug are beside me on my desk.  I am having some difficulty in focussing on the tasks I have set for myself before leaving the office this evening.  I have a knot of tension in my stomach that is not related to indigestion.

I am 36 years old and should know better.  Think we'll win.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 08:47:33 »

Cox to score first and Swindon win 2-1 is 90/1 on Bet365. I'm having some of that.
Spencer_White

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 08:53:52 »

On saturday a bad days drinking was saved by a great game of football.

It just doesnt happen does it?

I was well impressed with Millwall down here. Hopefully we are playing them at the right time.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 08:54:46 »

*Misery Alert*

I still think we'll lose, we're just not lucky ebough to get 4 points in 4 days from top 6 clubs.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 08:55:38 »

Who said anything about going to watch the football? I'm just going to get pissed.
GreenwichRed

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 08:55:53 »

For some reason I had it in my head that you were an absentee tonight Ardiles. You going to the Market Porter pre match?

If any of you want to recapture the football feeling you used to get as a child or a teenager, I would suggest that you simply cut the number of games you go to each season to low single figures.

For me, today is match #2 this season (the first being Leeds at home in September).  I leapt of bed this morning.  The last thing I said to my 8 month old son before I left the house was 'You reds!'  My Swindon scarf and coffee mug are beside me on my desk.  I am having some difficulty in focussing on the tasks I have set for myself before leaving the office this evening.  I have a knot of tension in my stomach that is not related to indigestion.

I am 36 years old and should know better.  Think we'll win.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 09:07:39 »

I was going to be absent until the weekend when my fortunes reversed(!)  Yes - I'll see you all in the Porter.  (Most of the others will all be there too by the sounds of it).  I will aim to leave work by 6pm (or earlier if possible) so will be there no later than 6.15pm I expect.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 09:08:54 »

Hope you have your camera GW to catch the elusive KR!
GreenwichRed

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 09:11:56 »

You mean so I can catch you and him in the same room... (apologies to TEF regulars for MOS bullshit migrating over here. MOS has become even more retarded than before).

Hope you have your camera GW to catch the elusive KR!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 09:15:07 »

Yes i'd love to find that gas head primarily and give him a shoeing!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 09:17:03 »

sorry if posted elsewhere. anyone know of the ticked arrangements for 2nite? would i be able to buy away tickets at the ground?ta
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 09:22:00 »

Hate to say I'm with Andy here, don't have a good feeling about this Sad Should be a good day though.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 09:54:42 »

sorry if posted elsewhere. anyone know of the ticked arrangements for 2nite? would i be able to buy away tickets at the ground?ta
Yep. They are available on the night for the same price as advance tickets. That's what I was told by the ticket office at the CG on Saturday
Rich Pullen

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 10:01:29 »

I've been guessing losses alot recently and getting said predictions wrong. So, I'm continuing to say that we'll lose.

This is the first of the the hectic Tuesday/Saturday/Tuesday period that ends with Crewe on April 4th so hopefully we can start well.

Also, in the last few weeks nobody has been slating (or have been holding back on slating) Byrne, Williams and Granville - which is quite good isn't it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: