Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McGovern  (Read 17444 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 14:21:09 »

Where was he saturday then?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 14:24:11 »

Dropped
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 17:08:22 »

good.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 17:23:00 »

reckon i'm in a minority of people who rate him.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 17:25:53 »

i'd say so
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 17:30:21 »

I think wilson is very shrewd at keeping players on their toes. Also think dyer would have caused more problems had jpm played and not amankwah
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 17:30:45 »

he's good when he wants to be, no pace, doesnt seem to care unless the ball is played to his feed, can't deny he's one of the best crossers we've had in a while

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 17:34:39 »

i think he is one of the most talented players we have.playing wide can be a thankless task at times.but it does look like he is lazy,and at times i think he is.not always when accused of being so mind.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 18:39:10 »

I think JPM was dropped purely because of the way Wilson wanted to play. Putting Amankwaah out wide was a great tactical move and Dyer's threat was massively reduced because he couldn't even get a decent run at Jack Smith for most of the game. Playing JPM would have required a totally different approach.

I do think he has the qualities to be a decent player in our team, but the tactics yesterday made him quite redundant
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 18:46:21 »

I like JPM and im not comparing myself to a professional but as someone who plays out on the wing you do need to be given the ball to have a positive impact on the game.

There are games or have been games when he just hasnt seen the ball, the same with McNamee.

Like all of our players JPM is an inconsistent lower league player. He looked poor under Malpas, picked up under Byrne did ok for Wilson. He'll have some good games for the rest of the season and he'll have some bad ones.

On form, given the ball and he'll cause teams problem. Off form and not seeing the ball he wont do much. McNamee is exactly the same just favoured more by the majoirty of the crowd.

Wilson pretty much said yesterday the idea behind having Big Kev was to help double up on Dyer and he's been one of Leicesters better players this season.

This worked and Dyer created nothing. Amankwaah was also pretty good going forward. He was more direct and ran at the full back more than JPM does but didnt get as many crosses in.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 18:54:09 »

The amount of times amankwah closed down near their leicester corner flag is something jpm simply would not have done even winning it in the air just made a massive difference
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 19:26:04 »

i think he is one of the most talented players we have.playing wide can be a thankless task at times.but it does look like he is lazy,and at times i think he is.not always when accused of being so mind.

Agree with that. He's a quality crosser of the ball and we don't have better.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 19:41:25 »

He is a good crosser but at the moment we need strong athletic players who will get stuck in.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 19:46:57 »

with 2 quality centre mids i reckon mcgovern would thrive.as you say drs at the moment we need physical players to graft,and mcgovern doesn't fit that bill.horses for courses and all that....
Spencer_White

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 19:51:31 »

Nothing less than pure hard graft will be tolerated from now on!

Well done Kevin Amankwaah. Well worthy of the shirt on saturday. Im proud of you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: