Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: snow  (Read 44814 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 08:28:03 »

my boss is getting shitty with me and its really doing my head in - I live in a village and the roads to work are mainly rural - Im not risking my life to sit in an office all day
flammableBen

« Reply #301 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 08:31:23 »

£20 says that if you go you don't die.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 08:46:15 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/24hr.shtml?id=3451

bbc website says it's not getting above freezing until 1 so no chance of this getting much better. Can't see the game being on tomorrow.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 09:10:27 »

my boss is getting shitty with me and its really doing my head in - I live in a village and the roads to work are mainly rural - Im not risking my life to sit in an office all day

Too right, there's no point in risking your or your car's health just to go and sit in an office.  Tell the bloke to get realistic.  Or just get him to agree (in writing) that if you write off your car the company will pay for a like for like replacement, or pay insurance costs.  Then take a very very slow journey to work, about 5 mph.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 09:14:56 »

Tell him if he is happy to come out and collect you or pay for a taxi there n back you are more than willing but you will not put you and your car at risk! the AA and god knows who else are telling everyone to try to stay off the roads as it is... does he listen to the radio?!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #305 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 09:16:23 »

Funnily enough in the office I get loads of phone calls. am sat at home doing fuck all today!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #306 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 09:17:06 »

Sounds like a twat. My manager actually called me and said, "you have your work mobile and laptop, dont even bother coming in, stay home and see you Monday"
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 09:37:22 »

After spending an hour on Thamesdown Drive and only just getting to the second junction along from my one, i pulled a U-turn and am home and warm now. No one could get up the slight incline from Ash Brake to St Andrews Ridge it seemed...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 10:10:58 »

Thanks Lucien - Thamesdown drive is my route to work. I'll 'work from home'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 10:22:28 »

Knee deep in points here. Fucking pain in the arse.

Woo!!!
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 10:23:54 »

Bloody ridiculous the the M5 between Weston and Bristol this morning. Only one lane really clear (and that's being generous), so the majority of people in cars were sensible and driving at 30mph or so.

Except for every single cunt in a 37T fucking arctic. We can go at 56mph, so regardless of the fucking shit conditions, we're bloody well going to drive at 56mph, snow or no snow. Cunts the fucking lot of them.

I know there are a couple of truckers on here (leefer, arriba), but I'm sorry, your 'colleagues' have fucked me right off this morning.

Stopped snowing in North Bristol at 1020 though.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #311 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 10:24:57 »

Rodbourne is a sleety rain... hopefully will clear the roads etc a bit
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 10:46:51 »

Due to the cancellation of the buses, I walked in and it took 50 minutes.

I wish I'd never bothered...hardly anyone else has !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
dell boy

« Reply #313 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 10:50:43 »

This morning we have had heavy snow, thunder and lightning (6am), hail stones, rain, and now more snow. Just waiting for the typhoon before midday, lovely weather. I hate this Global Warming.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 11:03:46 »

I rather go into work than waste a days holiday sitting at home. boo.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: