Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: IPL  (Read 5013 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
IPL
« on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 08:36:21 »

Indian Premier League Auctions are next week and seemingly Kevin Pieterson may be joining Bangalore - if so more than likely he'll be in my hotel.

The games start on April 10th so hopefully I'll get to a game or 2. Am I right in saying this is a 20/20 tournament?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 09:26:04 »

I feel all dirty that a cricket thread is in general discussion.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 09:45:09 »

I feel all dirty that a cricket thread is in general discussion.

Oh, there is a cricket section is there?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 09:53:55 »

It is 20/20 bob, i just cant gain any enthusiasm for that form of the game, but enjoy. And if you are in the same hotel, see if you can get some dodgy shot's of his missus!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 10:02:05 »

It is 20/20 bob, i just cant gain any enthusiasm for that form of the game, but enjoy. And if you are in the same hotel, see if you can get some dodgy shot's of his missus!

Oh I like 20/20!!

His missus is the Liberty X lass isn't she? I'll see what I can do!!

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 10:06:26 »

Not sure what she does, but who cares!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 15:02:21 »

there are some benefits of IPL, but essentially it is a money making farce ripping the heart and soul out of the game

pietersen is set to become the highest paid player per game ever. freak.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 15:05:07 »

ps. definitely get to a game. going to india and not seeing a game of cricket is a bit like going to saudi and not going to mecca
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 15:48:21 »

But what if you dont like bingo?

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 17:15:47 »

ps. definitely get to a game. going to india and not seeing a game of cricket is a bit like going to saudi and not going to mecca

Think I'd give Mecca a miss, but an illegal drink would be a must.

I know this isn't England, but apparently the England players are right miserable sods when you're staying in the same hotel as them.
flammableBen

« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 17:39:49 »

Oh, there is a cricket section is there?

Errr. yeah?
warksred

« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 18:51:22 »

I know this isn't England, but apparently the England players are right miserable sods when you're staying in the same hotel as them.

Flew from Barbados to Antigua and stayed at the same resort in Antigua with/as the England team. Geraint Jones moaned the whole length of the plane cos he had to walk from the back of the plane to his seat near the front . The team was  divided into the "unsocialable" and "socialable"   Matthew Hoggard, Simon Jones, Gareth Batty, Andrew Flontoff, Mark Butcher and Chris Read (who had just been dropped) in the latter category.

If you read Michael Vaughans autobiography, he complains about the "Barmy Army" being placed in the same hotel as the players in Antigua and the disruption this caused to the players!!!!!!
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 30, 2009, 18:53:33 »

KP will probably break the auction record because not only is he an amazing batsman, but put the nut in his hand and he'll rip the skin off it.

Just look at the practice match, England struggling in the field, lob the ball to Kev and within 3 overs he's broken a partnership.

What a player.

Also, good decision by Strauss to do this. That kind of Captaincy is what will win us the Ashes back Smiley
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 15:09:51 »

KP will probably break the auction record because not only is he an amazing batsman, but put the nut in his hand and he'll rip the skin off it.

Just look at the practice match, England struggling in the field, lob the ball to Kev and within 3 overs he's broken a partnership.

What a player.

Also, good decision by Strauss to do this. That kind of Captaincy is what will win us the Ashes back Smiley

Pietersen bowl in Twenty/20 ?   Are you sure ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 15:10:37 »

Spinners pretty much win in T20.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: