Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £1m for Parkin?  (Read 5675 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 11:15:52 »

typical Swindon....here is what I see happening

We slap big price tag in Parkin, no one bids that amount we keep him....

Come January (transfer window?!) we are shit and midtable, then we try to flog Parkin....we lower the price and sell him for about 300k as if he isnt cheap teams will just wait untill the end of the season and pick him up for free
Piemonte

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 11:18:48 »

I'm not really sure you could say it would be typical Swindon DV85, that would be selling him for half his value!

I agree with your point though.
Dazzza

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 11:40:20 »

Great news.

I'd rather take the gamble and keep him until Xmas then see where we go from there.  Chuck him a new contract or get a written agreement that he will extend his current deal if we win promotion.

Otherwise if it's mid-table rubbish on the menu then sell.

I don't think we have any real serious hope of mounting a challenge without him next season and he'll be invaluable when it comes to not only  players to stay but also when bringing in new faces.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 13:49:55 »

I can't decide if the club is bluffing or not, I don't understand what the clause in his contract is, as it seems entirely pointless to agree to something where the player can talk to the club but you don't have to sell, it's only going to unsettle them surely? £1m for Sammy would be ace though and much more accurate of his worth.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 16:00:59 »

well, he has said he isn't signing a new contract, so he will leave at the end of next season. So swindon i hope get 1 million this summer, better than nothing and i think he will be wasted next season here at swindon.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 16:52:19 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=4390

This is all a bit confusing. King says that if a club bids the set figure in SSP's contract then they can talk to him, but we are under no obligation to sell?

how the hell does that work? I dont really see the point in it.

Maybe we just have to make our "Best endevours" to sell him.... Sound familiar?
JTomlinson

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 17:04:17 »

Am I right in thinking he only has 1 year left in his contract?

Burnley (Boo - Dingles!) were willing to pay £300k before the end of the season which was rejected.

The club will try to claim they don't need to sell to bump up the price, but they also won't want to lose him on a free transfer in 12 months.

My guess is, he will be sold for £300kish, plus a few players in exchange.

A real shame, as the money won't clear the debts, and we will have lost him.

The transfer system today just doesn't help clubs at all.
MasonSTFC

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 20:00:42 »

Considering Webber has just left Watford for Sheffield United for 500K, I don't really see how we can expect 1 million, especially with clubs knowing our financial plight.

I think deep down Swindon are still expecting to lose Parkin this summer but hope that by putting a million price tag on his head they might be able to maximise the price they receive by persuading other clubs they are not in a hurry to sell.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: