Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 36099 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:07:51 »

What can I say...

First 75 mins we actually looked quite good!  Greer was excellent I thought considering how long he hasn't played and Vincent deserved MOTM.  Shame we went to ABSOLUTE pieces when he went off.  Timlin was utterly awful and I'd rather see Kennedy as a back up.  Really disappointed with him.

Cox goal was sublime and Amankwah and Paynter took theirs well.  Thought Amankwah was the best I'd seen him play today.  Far more composure.

Not sure on Allen and Nalis in the middle but time will tell.

Robson Kanu definitely has potential - did very well also.

All in all, a good game with a lot of positives and progress.

The two goals were so disappointing but we got 3 points!  Woop.

Oh and to note - Zaaboub is a diving cheating twat!
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:09:05 »

Just got back. What a game! and what a fantastic goal by Simon Cox, sheer, sheer class. Greer was fantastic, as was Kanu, who was very effective in the first half, not so much so in the second. Vincent going off changed the game. Timlin was absolutely shocking, gave his man about 20 yards to run, never got anywhere near the winger, Ifil made a mistake for the first goal, Brezovan came out too late for the second goal. Last minute they had two corners I was shitting myself, literally. Then their player had a shot just outside the area and it just went wide. I was so fucking relieved to hear the final whistle. It was nail-biting stuff at the end, but it wouldn't be STFC without drama, would it?! We were so good up until Vincent went off, Wilson made a big mistake there IMO. But, we got the win, and I'm delighted, especially after hearing that Leyton Orient won. COME ON YOU REDS!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:10:38 »

I believe Vincent went off because since injured, has only played 45 mins of football.  He couldn't be match fit already!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:11:22 »

I think Wilson was playing it safe with Vincent and rightly so, the guy has been out injured for so long and you really would expect to win at home when 3-0 up and playing well.

EDIT: What Luci said  Smiley
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:12:55 »

Well, whatever the reason, Timlin was shocking. Surely Wilson now realises he isn't a left-back. Kennedy is far better.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:14:04 »

Ooooh we won. First 75 we played well and were in complete control then one mistake and we did our best balls it up.

Geer was ace, Vincent was fantastic, Robson-Kanu looked good in the first half but faded.

Paynter comes back into the side and Cox starts scoring again.

Although im very happy with the win and the majority of the performance, lets not kid ourselves and go into super happy clappy we're ace mode because Walsall were fucking bollocks.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:17:55 »

Just to save me typing!  Luci is spot on!

Though I would say that apart from the nervous start I would have given Greer MOTM!

Oh, and best header of the day (again) was mine from the front row of the DRS stand!

I thank you! Not Worthy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Scot Munroe

« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:19:14 »

the last part of what DV said i agree with because Walsall were fucking awful. very impressed with the 1st 75 mins and then Jerel makes a mistake and they are back in the game. Robson-Kanu looks like he has potential, Greer is just a no nonsence defender and was very solid.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:20:03 »

Just to save me typing!  Luci is spot on!

Though I would say that apart from the nervous start I would have given Greer MOTM!

Oh, and best header of the day (again) was mine from the front row of the DRS stand!

I thank you! Not Worthy

I wonder who did that!  I heard the cheers!
Scot Munroe

« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:22:40 »

I saw that Berniman, not a bad header
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:25:22 »

Why thank you!

Just awaiting the call from Danny boy!

Grin

Even got a mention on the radio!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:26:58 »

Greer MOM.
Vincent did well, didn't look to ring rusty.

Didn't think the central midfield would cope but they did well for 75, then under pressure didn't.

Cox back to near best with loads of running and a superb goal.

Amankwha OK but Jack Smith unlucky to lose place in squad and perhaps team (bust up?) .

Ifil OK until mistake.

Brez poop but couldn't do much about goals

Bernimans bald spot shines in the floodlights..

Paynter well struck goal and seems to make Cox play better despite being ropey himself.

All in all a good game that we nearly threw away despite being uber comfortable for 75. I thought we started to lose shape before Vincent went off but were sort of coping, but Timlin exasperated the problem when he came on.

3 points is 3 points.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:28:13 »

hmmm where to start really. First 70-75 mins we absolutely controlled the game. After Ifil's fuck up at the back the confidence seemed to drop right off. Took my uncle for the first time in over a year today after he slagged the team off without watching them.

Brezovan - Didn't have much to do, but what he did do, he fucked about a bit, Would have killed him (not really) if the goal went in right at the end. Do we bring Smith back or just get another Keeper? Great shot stopper but collecting the ball he is pants.

Amankwaah - Wilson clearly knows how to get the best out of him, Was well chuffed for the bloke

Ifil – Gutted for him, at fault for first goal but up until that stage looked like the Ifil of old.

Greer – First 5-10 minutes I though “oh shit” but this was just rust and was a very good player indeed, Be great if we can keep him perm. Wonder how he will fit in the team when Aljofree comes back if he stays?

Vincent – How we missed him, absolutely superb. We fell apart when he came off.

McGovern – Hit and miss really.

Nalis  - His passing was ok at times, not a long term solution in midfield

Allen – Tried to get a bit more physical than he was previously I think but ended up on the ground quite a bit, not as much as Zaaboub mind. Was surprised to see him in the starting XI but he didn’t do too bad.

Robson-Kanu – Absolute quality first half getting balls into the box,  Walsall sussed him second half and was largely absent, exciting player.

Paynter  - Scored which will do his confidence well and got stuck in. Looked lethargic at times but did well

Cox - Cracking goal add another zero to the transfer fee please. Great to see him scoring again.

75 mins we were good. Work still needs to be done but it’s starting to come together, a draw at Oldham would be a good result.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:28:21 »

Jack Smith has been ill according to Wilson on the radio.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:29:04 »

Greer MOM.
Vincent did well, didn't look to ring rusty.

Didn't think the central midfield would cope but they did well for 75, then under pressure didn't.

Cox back to near best with loads of running and a superb goal.

Amankwha OK but Jack Smith unlucky to lose place in squad and perhaps team (bust up?) .

Ifil OK until mistake.

Brez poop but couldn't do much about goals

Bernimans bald spot shines in the floodlights..

Paynter well struck goal and seems to make Cox play better despite being ropey himself.

All in all a good game that we nearly threw away despite being uber comfortable for 75. I thought we started to lose shape before Vincent went off but were sort of coping, but Timlin exasperated the problem when he came on.

3 points is 3 points.

Smith was ill, no bust up.

Thought Nalis should have been replaced mid 2nd half as he seemed to tire quite severely, would have rather seen Timlin replace him and have Kennedy on as left back to replace Vincent, who was ace.  (I know Kennedy wasn't on the bench - or at least i don't think he was - but he should have been).

Enjoyed the match though, but I couldn't believe we nearly let them back in.  Some very nice footie at times.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 22:33:38 by janaage » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: