Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: croatia  (Read 1713 times)
juddie

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 12:32:53 »

anyone been there at all? recommendations?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 12:39:06 »

Not been to Croatia, but have been to the Slovenia coast, just up the road from Hrvatska.  Beautiful, relatively unspoiled part of Europe. 
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 12:45:30 »

Not been to Croatia, but have been to the Slovenia coast, just up the road from Hrvatska.  Beautiful, relatively unspoiled part of Europe. 

My old man had his last two holidays there. Loved the place and was planning to go again.

He said the people were really friendly and it was still quite cheap food and drink wise too.

It's All Good..............
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 12:52:26 »

Brac is a nice island - it's got Zlatny Rat beach and lots of Slivovitz and Kruskovac -- mmmm  cevapcici or raznjici and chips washed down with a bottle of pivo
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 13:35:19 »

planning on surfing in zlatni rat... then heading down to Korcula, Dubrovnik, round there. There's an amazing national park there as well I think?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 14:17:32 »

I've been thinking of Croatia or Slovenia for this years vacation... are there any places to avoid as such?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Danjackson10

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 14:24:37 »

i loved my stay in croatia. dubrovnik is definitely worth a trip, and have a walk around the walls to get the best views of the city. i stayed in the dalmatia region just south of split which had lovely beaches and nice rivers for some ace white water rafting.
Try visiting Split aswell and if you can go to the Gradski stadion u Poljudu, home of HNK Hajduk Split for a game of footie! watch out for the hoolies and the shit load of flares they have at games though!
Danjackson10

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 14:26:14 »

infact go on youtube and check out the videos for HNK Hajduk Split to get an idea of what there games are likely! its pretty mental but i had a right laugh
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 14:31:18 »

Going to Venice for the day is always worth it!

Clems Army!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 15:52:21 »

I've been thinking of Croatia or Slovenia for this years vacation... are there any places to avoid as such?

What kind of break are you after LS?  Romantic, drunken, sight seeing?  Slovenia's ace, Lake Bled is a must if you're taking your Mrs (if you indeed have a Mrs).  If you go from Spring to Autumn you'd be able to hire a rowing boat and row across the lake to the island in the middle.  I've been told in winter you can simply walk over the lake to the island, either way it's a lovely little town, is Bled.

More lively place is the capital Ljubljana, lovely city, quite small, nice restaurants and bars etc.  me and my mrs ended up going up to the old castle on the Sunday and had a couple of bottles of wine as we sat over looking the city.

Piran, Izola towns like that are your coastal towns, nice quaint towns, believe Postoroz (sp) is the more lively of the coastal towns, but Piran was my favourite.

We'll be going back to Slo-vo sooner rather than later.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 15:55:32 »

yes - Mrs Karadic's Fisting Emporium - definitely not what it used to be
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 16:07:35 »

What kind of break are you after LS?  Romantic, drunken, sight seeing?  Slovenia's ace, Lake Bled is a must if you're taking your Mrs (if you indeed have a Mrs).  If you go from Spring to Autumn you'd be able to hire a rowing boat and row across the lake to the island in the middle.  I've been told in winter you can simply walk over the lake to the island, either way it's a lovely little town, is Bled.

More lively place is the capital Ljubljana, lovely city, quite small, nice restaurants and bars etc.  me and my mrs ended up going up to the old castle on the Sunday and had a couple of bottles of wine as we sat over looking the city.

Piran, Izola towns like that are your coastal towns, nice quaint towns, believe Postoroz (sp) is the more lively of the coastal towns, but Piran was my favourite.

We'll be going back to Slo-vo sooner rather than later.

Cheers Jan. Will be with the missus so sounds like it could be a goer. By the sound of that lake, i think a mate of mine got married there the other year in the middle...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 16:17:00 »

Me and my mrs had a 6 night break there, we made the itinary up ourselves.  Flew to Ljubjana, taxi to Bled (didn't cost that much at all), had two nights there (best western hotel - cheapo).  Then got the train down to Piran (bit of a trek but saw loads of the country).  Spent two nights at Piran enjoying the old town feeling to the place.  Then got the train up to Ljubljana is a nice swanky hotel.

Was great and fully recommended.  Believe the Julian Alps are well worth a visit too, if you can fit it in, some amazing caves etc.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 16:24:52 »

me and the mrs judd are looking to do croatia in two weeks, so start (or end ) in dubronik and trvael up the west coast, taking in the national park along the way.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 16:32:22 »

Went to Dubrovnik (mostly rocky beaches but still good)and Lake Bled (Slovenia /mountainous)a little while ago now but both lovely places. Very accurate description from janaage.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: