Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blair Sturrock ...  (Read 3754 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 17:14:56 »

Am I the only person who think's Blair Sturrock is under-rated. He gets called shit all the time, he may not score loads but the way he plays the channels and his energy DOES add something to the team in my opinion. I think Sturrock is one of our most under-rated players. I think the guy needs more credit.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 17:18:00 »

Good brain, works hard, can pick a pass, but can't shoot for toffee.
Flea

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 17:18:53 »

I agree. To be fair he always puts the effort in when he plays.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 17:19:48 »

If we played 3 up front he'd be the perfect player to have as one of the two wide forwards, if that makes sense.

Seen as McNamee hasnt done much and is our only left winger then we could always try Blair on the wing, at least that way when he's working the channels we will still have strikers in the box.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 17:22:29 »

He's not a natural goalscorer, but his effort and application always impress me.  Fans at our level are always complaining when players don't look as if they want to be there, so I'll always cut Blair some slack.  Sadly, I don't think he is good enough to be a part of the long term set up with us.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 17:22:34 »

And he can tackle a bit and win the odd header.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 17:32:24 »

Am I the only person who think's Blair Sturrock is under-rated. He gets called shit all the time, he may not score loads but the way he plays the channels and his energy DOES add something to the team in my opinion. I think Sturrock is one of our most under-rated players. I think the guy needs more credit.

Completely agree Gary, Sturrock is a decent player, struggles to win the fans over due to the famous dad situation. 

Decent enough bloke to chat to too.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 17:46:29 »

Agree. Is certainly one of our most intelligent players not that its much of an achievement. He gives us another option running the channels. Also gives 100% effort.
Tow big problems though - not a natural finisher and has a distinct lack of pace.
Would be a good player to play in the hole behind the front 1 or 2 if Paynter wasn't playing so far back. 
Lumps

« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 18:28:59 »

Agree. Is certainly one of our most intelligent players not that its much of an achievement. He gives us another option running the channels. Also gives 100% effort.
Tow big problems though - not a natural finisher and has a distinct lack of pace.
Would be a good player to play in the hole behind the front 1 or 2 if Paynter wasn't playing so far back. 

Basically he's a Lidl own brand Andy Mutch, thank fuck we didn't pay £200,000 for him.
dell boy

« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:25:38 »

When Sturrock plays (not very often) he is playing for his right to be in the squad. Attitude and effort changes when you believe you are an automatic choice because there really is no other option but to play you even though you are playing crap every week, so insteps Sturrock for his cameos and you think wow he's really pretty good.
Sturrock is a very average player, in a very unmotivated, shit team, when a player like Sturrock stands out then you know you are in big trouble.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:35:51 »

Problem imo is he works the channells, cox paynter drop to deep our midfield never enter the box and our wingers never attack the back post. We have too many players who play outside the box and need a box player who has the touch of a rapist but scores from crosses. Akinfenwa would be that type of player
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:39:32 »

Sturrock is an average player, with poor shooting ability.

However, his work ethic and the way he plays the game is exactly what we're missing now - well in the midfield anyway. Perhaps move him back there. It's worked for Peacock Wink
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 21:38:26 »

Coming off the bench is probably his level, whatever his cranial abilities.  If only he could give his brain to Ifil.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 21:47:32 »

I often thought the same about Nalis brain in Pooks body. He'd be half decent then.

I think you may be onto something we'd half the wage bill and improve the squad.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 21:51:39 »

Hmm, McGovern could take on Marshall's legs.  Peacock could have Barry Corr's, he's seems alright from the waist down to be fair and he won't need them for football.  Byrne and Aljofree could morph into one the foulest mouthed humans alive.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: