Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Stockport Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 19138 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:14:44 »

Ask Fred!! he was he only TEFer to see them I think - although his hat overshowed everything!

2 men in the queue from half time coffee said they liked them - one even shared his spoon with me! he was kind and a bit elderly
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:18:55 »

How old then?  42, 43?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:20:27 »

Ask Fred!! he was he only TEFer to see them I think - although his hat overshowed everything!

2 men in the queue from half time coffee said they liked them - one even shared his spoon with me! he was kind and a bit elderly

The 'muffs were cool as
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:23:23 »

I think we need to put this performance into context. Stockport are a very good side, especially away from home, and judging by our leage position, we're not. The key to our survival is to beat the teams around us, that's how Wigan have got to where they are. If we can take points off the top sides then that's a bonus, so I see this as a good draw. Wilson is not going to be able to change things over night and we do need new players, wilson will have learned much more from last night than he will have in two weeks of training.

Onwards and upwards.
Danjackson10

« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:24:02 »

pink muffs?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:35:41 »

well put Juddie
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:37:40 »

I agree Juddie, the problem is we're fucking shit against the teams around us.  We've got more quality that most of them, but we get outfought by teams who want it more.

Lets hope wilson can do something about this beacuse last night it hit me that we are in a relegation battle and arnt going to get out of it easily
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:39:37 »

I agree Juddie, the problem is we're fucking shit against the teams around us.  We've got more quality that most of them, but we get outfought by teams who want it more.

Lets hope wilson can do something about this beacuse last night it hit me that we are in a relegation battle and arnt going to get out of it easily

Huddersfield aint gona be easy, I reckon it'll be nil pwan this week.

When you're smiling.........
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:43:47 »

we have been shit against teams around us, yes, but we haven't played any under wilson, and brighton doesn't count because he had about a day with the team before that game.

The fact of the matter is we're in a relegation battle, which means over the course of the season we've not been very good. We shouldn't be expecting to beat teams like stockport, not at the moment. Maybe next season, if we can stay up. A point against them is a point gained, good for confidence, nothing more.

I doubt we'll get much out of Huddersfield or Oldham, but we have to beat Walsall, and it's those games that will decide whether we stay up or not, not those against teams at the other end. It's the key games where we should judge Wilson. Our team isn't good enough to beat the best sides and Wilson, no matter how good he is, can't polish a turd.

So there were still problems last night, but we also created chances, Ifil played really well... there were positives that have been missing in recent weeks.

If Wilson can add one or two players, and we all know where we need to strengthen, then I think we'll be ok.

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:51:45 »

pink muffs?

Black muffs
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:52:45 »

Black muffs

That'll do for me   Cheesy

When you're smiling.........
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:02:41 »

Are they hairy?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:04:34 »

More fluffy
Scot Munroe

« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:06:17 »

Saw the double save from the stockport keeper. the 2nd one was the best, reminded me of Thomas Kuszczak double dave a couple of years ago at wigan. Sturrock should off buried it.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:06:26 »

yes I prefer fluffy to hairy - there are not as nice as my friend Laurens brown muffs though
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: