Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: smith  (Read 9261 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 12:17:55 »

How about he just catches the ball instead of punching.

It's not en-vougue these days  It must be down to coaching, a thats not just Granville either. Keepers at most clubs seem to punch or parry when it looks like they could catch. No doubt the optima index of goalkeepers shows a statistic that says less goals are conceded when keepers punch or parry, Very dangerous things statistics, they can mask the truth.

From our end of the DR it looked like Smith was unlucky. But I have to say generally Brezovan has not been afforded the same opportunity as Smith. Brez was dropped far quicker and than Smith, Question is why? Is Brez head not in the right place or does the management simply not rate him as highly or is there another issue?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 12:22:20 »

Agreed...thaught at the time he shouldve caught it..seen it on TV and it was such an easy decision.....stay on your line or catch the ball,thats not to say he is solely to blame,another needless free kick...and we had chances to add to the goal,yes keepers are under more scrutiny when making mistakes but thats football.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 13:18:11 »

I've only seen it the once in real time but he seemed to be on top of a huge group of players. He catches that then he hits the deck he might spill it.

Maybe he could have caught it but a punch 18 yards out still should have been enough. If their man is marked like he should have been, we wouldnt be having this discussion
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 13:25:38 »

Agreed...thaught at the time he shouldve caught it..seen it on TV and it was such an easy decision.....stay on your line or catch the ball,thats not to say he is solely to blame,another needless free kick...and we had chances to add to the goal,yes keepers are under more scrutiny when making mistakes but thats football.

Was never a free kick.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 13:40:55 »

Just seems baffling why he punched it. It's like a player in front goal trying to head a ball which is heading straight for his foot, then fluffing the shot as a result.
Yeah, I'd agree, and for that Smith is at fault, but then I wasn't there jumping up through a crowd of players and I'm loath to second guess a keeper in that situation. But my main point was that there were a lot of other faults along the way - it's not like it was definitely a goal from when Smith punched it, there were two other points where it could and should have been stopped, which is why I think it's harsh to blame Smith alone.

Now I'm just tempted to wind you up and say that Brez is better and he would have definitely caught it and we would have won.
Go for it, I'm biting on everything today Smiley
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 14:04:40 »

Brez would have caught the cross then scored with a 90 yard effort, because he is without a doubt the best goalkeeper outside the premier league (tm thisisswindontownfc.co.uk 2007-2008)

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 14:13:06 »

all joking aside.i'm pretty sure brez would have caught it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #82 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 14:17:20 »

Yeah, I'd agree, and for that Smith is at fault, but then I wasn't there jumping up through a crowd of players and I'm loath to second guess a keeper in that situation. But my main point was that there were a lot of other faults along the way - it's not like it was definitely a goal from when Smith punched it, there were two other points where it could and should have been stopped, which is why I think it's harsh to blame Smith alone.
Go for it, I'm biting on everything today Smiley

Quite. Although I chose to ignore Paynter losing his man because quite clearly it's not his fault, especially as he is a striker. Also, Trevor Benjamin would have done even worse.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 14:27:58 »

He is still too fookin fat.

When you're smiling.........
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 14:28:27 »

He's not even fat?
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 14:29:52 »

Oh yes he is and I should know cause I'm a fat fooker too.

When you're smiling.........
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 14:31:00 »

phil smith clearly isnt fat

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 14:32:32 »

Oh yes he is and I should know cause I'm a fat fooker too.

I dont think you to have to be fat to have an opinion on if someone is fat and secondly just because you're fat doesnt mean Phil Smith is fat?!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 16:12:25 »

You have a charming way about you sir!!!!

Berniman for the new general fucking know-all and I'm always right poster award!!!

Calm down Dell, blimey!  I was only responding to your post to me my friend indicating that I was an idiot!

He dropped the ball once when hit straight at him, his kicks from hands and from the ground all high bombs, he was at fault with the goal. What game did you watch?

No need for the personal abuse Dell.  Everyone spends all day calling each other cunts on here and you get personal about me giving an opinion!

You must be the old general fucking know -all and i'm always right poster award winner then!!!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 18:30:52 »

To be honest he didnt punch it 18 yards though did he-he was outside the 6 yard box and therefore it went about 11 yards which is a pretty poor effort.Punching a ball at chest height you are never going to get enough momentum to send it any real distance.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: