Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: xmas markets abroad  (Read 2207 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 17:50:21 »

Thinking of going away in middle of december for 3 or 4 nights. Has anyone been to any of the big xmas markets in germany, france etc that they can recommend? also without blowing the xmas budget too much in terms of flights and hotels!

cheers for any help
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 19:10:22 »

I missed them last year but I have been told Germany probably has the best Xmas markets. Me and my dad are going to Cologne for the weekend. It is about a 3 hour drive from Lux and is supposed to be really good. Hotel was 130 Euro for a twin for 1 night but you'd be able to get cheaper on a budget.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 19:12:45 »

Nope, never been. The Mrs is going to Lincoln Christmas market, that's practically abroad.
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 19:24:41 »

Frankfurt is supposed to be well worth a look and is on the hit list for next year.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 19:42:49 »

Berlin is meant to be good, and i think Dreseden is the oldest, and so have a load of traditional hors/cart combos and suchlike.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 20:20:19 »

Went to Brussels a few years ago- was absolutely fabulous. Stayed 10 mins from the Grand Place
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 20:22:34 »

Christmas Markets out!

Sorry Barticus, couldnt resist..

/
W56196272
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 20:35:59 »

Went to Brussels a few years ago- was absolutely fabulous. Stayed 10 mins from the Grand Place

The centre in Brussels is worth a visit alone.

And Belgian beer is probably my favourite.

We went to this place at the weekend, this guy makes all his own beers in his house basically. He gave us 10 to taste, all really different including a beer he makes from 2 types of pepper, quite strange but nice.

The 9% one was my favourite, probably going to order some cases from him, top guy as well!

http://www.millevertus.be/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 20:43:17 »

Sorry to go off a bit but do they do any decent xmas markets round this way?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 20:47:07 »

There is one in Bath from 27 November to 7 December
dell boy

« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 20:47:30 »

Sorry to go off a bit but do they do any decent xmas markets round this way?
If it is anything like Berkshire, they are normally French markets (suedo), very expensive and crap, but of course I'm not talking about Wiltshire because I have no experience of what you have in the west country.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 20:52:44 »

The same shit dell
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 10, 2008, 21:39:12 »

Off to Cologne this year, was in Berlin last year.  If you go to Berlin and are in to History, let me know and I'll let you have the details of a superb Cold War walking tour (conducted by a former MI6 agent who is a total legend).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 19:59:39 »

My work are heading off to one in Reims this year. Not going myself, but I think the dates are around 5th December.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 20:03:38 »

Off to Cologne this year, was in Berlin last year.  If you go to Berlin and are in to History, let me know and I'll let you have the details of a superb Cold War walking tour (conducted by a former MI6 agent who is a total legend).

When you off to Cologne? We go December 13th. Looking forward to it, there is much of Germany I want to see whilst living over here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: