Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ramos sacked  (Read 29554 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 22:12:13 »

none of those were nobodys when they were signed

Henry cost 10 million for fucks sake.

Vierra 3.5 Million from AC Milan in 1996.

I get pissed off with hearing about these nobodys ,they are decent young players many with already proven international form at u21 level and such bought for bloody good money.They certainly arent nobodys.
still think you must be fishing?

officially blacker than the night.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 22:14:27 »

fabregas was a nobody when he arrived and was free wasnt he?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 22:14:53 »

Didn't Wenger oversee Henry's progress at Monaco?

[url width=360 height=165]http://www.feelbest.com/Graphics/logos/fishermans_logo2.gif[/url]
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 23:00:51 »

Firstly, I dont see why Harry would take a step backwards and manage Spurs. Must be money.

Secondly, in an era of English football that has for the most part been dominated by Manchester United Arsene Wenger has done bloody well to win 3 Premiership Titles and a couple of FA Cups. Apart from Manchester United its still more than Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and anyone else has won in that period.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 23:25:13 »

I feel very sorry for the Pompey fans, as i have a few friends who follow them.Contracts mean
next to nothing in football these days.To a great extent managers and players (with the odd exception)
follow the money.Harry loves to wheel and deal and will no doubt do so at Tottenham.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Rich Pullen

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 23:29:38 »

Maybe Jon Stewart will be Landan bound now?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 01:24:51 »

Firstly, I dont see why Harry would take a step backwards and manage Spurs. Must be money.

Secondly, in an era of English football that has for the most part been dominated by Manchester United Arsene Wenger has done bloody well to win 3 Premiership Titles and a couple of FA Cups. Apart from Manchester United its still more than Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and anyone else has won in that period.
Liverpool and Chelsea have been way more successful than Arsenal recently, champions league wins and premiership wins are a lot better than scraping into the top 4.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 01:27:56 »

I would argue that taking division 1 relegation fodder, keeping them up, getting them promoted and established in a higher division and then winning a major trophy, is at least the equal of maintaining a top 4 position for one of the country's biggest sides.
I agree, I would say it's way more impressive and obviously the argument for Arsenal spending less doesn't hold up, they spend a ridiculous amount on wages which allows them to attract young players which other sides couldn't afford.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #113 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 02:48:20 »

I fucking hate all you plastic cunts that support premiership teams, you're just as bad as the cunts in the pub with a fucking shirt on. swindon and swindon only. fucking chancers.

What he said innit.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 09:33:09 »

I agree, I would say it's way more impressive and obviously the argument for Arsenal spending less doesn't hold up, they spend a ridiculous amount on wages which allows them to attract young players which other sides couldn't afford.
ridiculous amount? at the AGM on Thursday it was revealed that they spent some £35m p/a less than Chelsea, about £14m p/a less than Liverpool and about £1m p/a more than Utd, but remember that United have bought three £30m+ players in the last five years.

officially blacker than the night.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 09:38:29 »

Wenger is a great manager and has achived a lot given Arsenals inability to match man u and chelseas spending in the last 10 years.

He'd annoy the piss out of me if I were an Arsenal fan though. By all accounts he does now have money to spend since the move to the emirates generates huge amounts of money nad he wont spend it because of his youth philosophy.  I dont think there is anyone better at taking a raw talent and making them world class (yes he does pay decent money for some of them) but its there for all to see that they could be a better side if he spent money on a hard working partner for fabregas and a classy cerntre back.  As it stands their squad is not deep enough and their players lack experience. they wont win anything this year, but they'll play some fantastic football at times.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 09:42:23 »

ridiculous amount? at the AGM on Thursday it was revealed that they spent some £35m p/a less than Chelsea, about £14m p/a less than Liverpool and about £1m p/a more than Utd, but remember that United have bought three £30m+ players in the last five years.
Which proves my point then. Do you think Portsmouth spend anywhere near that? If any other team had spent as much as that and won absolutely nothing in 3 years and not even come close to winning anything in the last two they would have sacked their manager by now. Redknapp won more at Portsmouth with a fraction of the budget.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 27, 2008, 09:48:46 by Ben Wah Balls » Logged
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 09:58:23 »

Portsmouth are in some serious financial difficulty aren't they ?   What odds are they for relegation - I can certainly see a fire sale of their players to Spurs in January, and I'd take Spurs to finish higher than them in the league this season.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 10:00:59 »

Just to give some idea of the cost of changing your management team can cost, in this case it's costing Spurs approx 24 mill....5 mill in compensation to Pompey 10 mill to pay up contract of Ramos and Poyet, then 9 mill in in wages over 3 years to Redknapp.

Of course in the case of STFC, the numbers wouldn't be so great, but it is an expensive business which the Malpas out brigade need to consider.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, October 27, 2008, 10:10:39 »

Even without sacking and paying off Malpas, today's Adver story suggests that we'll have to sell a player or two at some point this season just to break even.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2463335.0.the_hard_sell.php

In these times the most important thing is survival.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: